1,156 results
All reviewsboston pizzatoronto airportcanyon creekshuttle servicean early flightone night stayclub floorfree shuttlecheck in was quicktravelzoopearsonproximityconference
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I really want to rate it less than average, but I need to be fair. The staff is efficient except for the woman who wanted me to "listen to her" as I told her I was afraid to change rooms by walking in front of an the entire loud sports team along with their loud parents whom I thought might be drunk. They were all having a yelling, happy, laughing hall party complete with their room chairs. I had earlier requested that the gang in the hallway please be quiet, then became fearful after realizing that there were an awful lot of people in that hallway, and they didn't like my request. I was then "upgraded" to a room on the second floor from the 11th floor. The one window in the room is smack dab in front of the huge garbage bin along with staff taking their smoke breaks. I would not stay here again because no one did anything about the loud hallway party after I called a few times over a one hour period. And the woman who wanted me to 'Listen to her" was totally out of line.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on a floor with sports teams, or next to the garbage bin. Not everyone needs this. Travel is tiring and many guests need rest and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear “Susan M” please accept our sincere apologies for the service you experienced during your visit. Your room should have been blocked away from any sports team that may have been on the floor and we are addressing the concerns with the front desk. We hope that despite this experience the service delivered by our staff encourages you to stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Edwin Marroquin

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Recently took a trip to Barbados. After flying for nearly 5 hours we had to stop in Puerto Rico due to closure of the Barbados airport - we were 2 hours on the ground and 4 and a half hours flying back to Toronto! The airline gave us a voucher for the Crowne Plaza. After fighting to get my luggage onto the hotel shuttle and standing on the short trip to the hotel, I was more than tired and grumpy. The line up at the desk was so long I thought I would pass out before it was my turn. One very helpful lady at the desk (I beleve her name might have been Elena) must have seen I was on my last nerve. She quickly booked me in, got me a luggage trolly, took me to my room, refused to take a tip and immediately ordered a fridge for me as I had perishable food in my cases. I was so impressed with her kindness that I had to write this review.

The room itself was so comfortable. The bed was like heaven, the pillows were very comfortable and the shower products were all high quality.

My compliments to the staff at this hotel. The customer service was first rate - a rare thing these days.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport the night before an early morning flight from YYZ. The reception staff was very nice and competent at check-in. My room was lovely, but the air conditioner sounded like an airplane taking off. It was one that turns on and off based on a wall thermostat, so it was very loud intermittently all night long. The free airport shuttle was on time and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear “Nan-Oshawa” please accepts our apologies in regards to the noise of your air conditioning unit. I have reached out to your privately in order to ascertain the room number you stayed in so that we can rectify the problem.
We are nonetheless happy that you enjoyed your room and that you found our staff at the front desk efficient and friendly. We hope to see you with us again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff were all great. The rooms was well appointed and very clean, even the bathroom was very clean. The only concern we had was the noise. You could hear everything in the hall and the planes in the early morning were very loud. I have stayed at other airport hotels and they have been much quieter. Other than that it was a very fine hotel and priced very well. There are lots of great restaurants close by so we did not eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wayne s

Dear "wayne s” it is regrettable to find out that the noise from the airport made your stay just short of being exceptional. However, we are pleased to know that our staff and the quality of our rooms were a bright point in your visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed for three nights with night 1 being very late. Staff were very helpful. Plenty of space in the room extremely clean and comfortable. Found some nice restaurants nearby. Location was very convenient as we were flying out again so did not have to worry about allowing extra time to get to the airport. Was great that we could use internet to keep in touch with friends we hadplanned to meet there. Would stay there again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Carolyn M

Dear “CazzThom” We are happy that you enjoyed your stay so much and look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,