1,154 results
All reviewsboston pizzatoronto airportcanyon creekshuttle servicean early flightone night stayclub floorfree shuttlecheck in was quicktravelzoopearsonproximityconference
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I spent three nights at the hotel from October 10th to the 14th 2011. Well located near the airport as mentioned in my title the room was nice. I ate breakfast at the buffet (very good) and staff was very courteous. But as I was leaving the hotel I went to the washroom in the lobby/mens lockeroom and it was full of flies. I filled out a comment on the website but nobody got back to me. I even offered to share the picutres.

Too bad I almost made it out a happy customer!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear "Jason P" unfortunately your comment through our guest relations office has not reached our property as yet and this is the first we have heard of the cleanliness issue. Thank you for taking the time and letting us know as well as sharing the picture with us. Please note that we as the management group and staff are available 24 hrs a day to address any guest concerns when you are at the hotel and we look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have booked the hotel through Tai Pan Tours. The booking is including 3 rooms, 2 nights (2nd, July and 3rd, July). However, on the morning of 3rd, July, I and my roommate had an emergency affair to go to Waterloo. Nearly 8:30 or 9:00 am,3rd July, our friend go to the front desk to ask for check out for my room. The front desk service man said that we can not get the refund, because the Tai Pan paid the bill, they would refund the money back to the Tai Pan Tours. It was reasonable and we accepted it. One room (which I lived ) was checked out on the morning of 3rd, July. Other two rooms were checked out on 4th, July.
However, after I came back to Vancouver (we live here), Tai Pan Tours replied that the hotel didn't refund the money. They asked me to wait. Till now, three months has passed, there is still no clear answer. Tai Pan Tour said that your hotel is too busy to process the affair, is it true? They also told me that because the room fee had a special discount, so the room charge may not be refunded at all. In my understanding, we book 2 days, and stay for 1 day, on the morning of the second day, we may have the right to checkout and get our next day money back, is it correct? Even the answer is no, I think the front desk clerk should make it clear to the client, who checked my room out at the 3rd, July morning, is it correct? However, my friend told me that what she heard was the money will be refunded back to Tai Pan Tours. If she knows that I and my roommates can not get the refund, she won't check out on that morning. Is it reasonable?
I don't know where the problem was, three months have passed, problem is still not solved.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank hai w

Dear "Hai W" thank you for speaking to us privately on this matter and understanding the communication discrepancy. In fact the tour company did not communicate with us and it wasn't until you contact us direcly and through Tripadvisor did we learn of the concern. I am happy that we were able to contact you and clarify the matter.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Great Hotel, very close to Airport. Hotel offered free parking for up to 8 days when staying at the hotel the night before your flight. This is an awesome deal, as parking at the Toronto airport is very expensive.
On your return, you have to call the hotel to have their shuttle bus pick you up, so keep their number handy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rosscup
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I had my wedding there a year ago and I just feel like I need to get this off my chest. When you book the Crowne as part of your package they give you a beautiful hotel room to stay in at the end of your function. The hotel has a very nice ambiance and great event room. The downfall was that I told the event planner that there was a peanut allergy and the desserts had nuts on them which my nephew almost ate and could have possibly died at my wedding if they didn't rush to the hospital. The food is absolutely amazing but in the buffet style of my reception they ran out of food. I have the even planner the seating arrangement plus an excel spreadsheet confirming everything and there was still a table missing that they had to set up afterwards. I know this was September 2010 but it has been burning me ever since especially with my nephew possibly loosing his life because of the event planners mistake and I didn't find that out until a couple of months ago.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michell E
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear "Michelle E" we have reached out to your privately in order to gather more information on this incident. Our Crowne's Meeting Director is avaiable at any time from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday to answer your call.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed at the Crown Plaza Toronto airport for 2 nights and was pleased. Below are my pros and cons:

Pros:
- Free Wifi in the hotel
- Renovated rooms with Flat Screen (make sure you ask for the renovated rooms and not the other ones)
- The gym is ok
- At least 3 restaurants nearby
- Free airport shuttle

Cons:
- The rooms that have not been renovated.....

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business