“It served our purposes well”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #82 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We just needed a place to spend the night before traveling. We had a room on the top floor, facing the airport, so we had great views of the airplanes taking off (important the the kids and husband) all evening.

The room was TINY for 4 people, but otherwise great; it was clean and comfortable and surprisingly QUIET. There was a turndown service, but since we were still in the room, we were just handed some free bottled water and a handful of chocolates. The free Wifi worked, our wakeup call came right on time, and the airport shuttle was right where it should have been, when it should.

I wouldn't want to make this hotel a home-base for a week, but it was absolutely perfect for our needs. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear valued guests, thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Our standard room can be small for a party of 4 however we do offer suite options that can accomodate families perfectly. We hope that you continue to use us as a launching place for your vacation and try our suite option for longer stays.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport

Reviewed May 18, 2011

Hotel room was comfortable with clean sheets and pillows. Bathroom was a bit small but in good condition. Don’t waste your time or money in the restaurant as the food is overpriced and of low quality. I’ve fed better food to my dog…and my dog died.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear valued guest, we have forwarded your feedback to our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager for their review. If there are any specific details that you would like to share with us regarding your dining experience so that we can better serve you in the future please contact me directly at 416-675-4732.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I spent a very restful night at your hotel based on the fact that the bed linens, bathrooms, and towels etc. so clean that I felt at home. I travelled with my own sheets and pillow covers but didn't have to use them because I felt that I was sleeping on clean bed linens. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Peggsue
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear valued guest, thank you for your review of the sleep quality you received at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport. Your comments will be communicated to our executive team.

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Shuttle runs every 30 minutes. Friendly staff. Enjoyed Priority Club manager's snack. Rooms, standard. Rooms controlled by thermostat, set your desired tempature. Enjoyed lunch soup and salad bar, not outrageously priced. Near restaurants to walk to. Tony Roma's offers 15 percent off and free appetizer or dessert with room key. Stayed here a lot, very consistent hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank MarylandCommuter
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Dear valued guest, thank you for your response and critic of our services. We hope to see back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

I rang and asked when would the next transfer come to pick me from the airport.
I was told "every half hour starting on the hour, we have a transfer, so the next pickup from the airport will be in 15 mins"
The transfer never came. I only waited with my children for 45 mins. Last thing you want after trouble with a connection is to need to rebook a flight!
The other reviewers are spot on about the issue with the transfers.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank fct1
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2011

Dear valued guest, we were troubled to learn about the difficulties you experienced with our shuttle services. We take pride in being able to predict the accuracy of our pick up times as our shuttles are equipt with GPS tracking systems that are accurate within 10 seconds and 1 meter of their global positioning. This information is tracked by our Guest Services Department so that information, as to when the next pick up is, can be relayed to our guests; an advantage the area hotels do not possess at this moment.

We are also able to track history and welcome you to please contact me so that I am able to find out what may have happened the evening of your stay.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Booked into the hotel March 5, 2011 with the Park Stay and Fly option. When we checked in talked to the front desk clerk about the parking she said it was patrolled by security and monitored by closed circuit tv. We parked and flew out the next day. The hotel itself was adequate, the rooms are what you expect from an airport hotel. The noise from the hallways was quite loud at times and the shuttle in the morning was very crowded but not much you can do about that. Upon our return my husband went to retreive the vehicle and noticed that someone had not only had pulled half the door lock off to gain access but had scratched the door with deep scratches trying to do so. They had gained access to our vehicle and had taken many things. Now I know it says "not liable" but when we spoke to the hotel staff they did not seem alarmed and knew who to call..making me think this is not an isolated incident? I know this can happen anywhere and the hotel parking lot is marked about their lack of liability but i feel they are obviously more concerned about liabilty then customer service and satisfaction. Next time I will check out somewhere with more security because dealing with insurance companies/police after a vacation is not a happy end to the week.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank shellbux
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear Valued Guest, we are monitored both by a surveillance system and our staff that patrol the parking lot. It is unfortunate that there exists an element that is still capable of causing damage to private property such as your vehicle. Please be assured as a guest service provider, our staff have been given knowledge of who to contact and what to do during a vast variety of situations. Furthermore, they have been trained to assist our guests in an efficient, calm and professional manner.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I have been a regular customer at the Toronto airport Crowne since 2007 until Dec, 2010. I had an agreement with the managers of the hotel, at that time, for a flat rate along with a parking arrangement and a contintental breakfast. This seemed to be current up to and including December, 2010. When I phoned in February to book a stay, I was notified that my contract was cancelled; the Front Desk manager apparently wouldn't talk to me; and, I was told to call "Sales". After a day and a half, I finally was given a quote by the current Sales manager and at a rate about of 56% over the old rate. There was no "thanks for the business over the last 4 years"; "we appreciate your loyalty" and the Sales manager laughed when I asked if there was room for negotiation and how she came up with that rate.

Interestingly, the Monday after that discussion I received my new Platinun Priority card for my frequent stays at that Crowne.

Since then, I've tried contacting and emailed the General manager, Tim [--] - with no response.

The Crowne clearly doesn't appreciate regular loyal customers and, certainly, doesn't have regard for providing notice that can seriously cause damage to business traveller's schedules.

i've unsuccessful in finding a site dedicated to business travellers so Trip Advisor was my last recourse to get the word out.

Having recommended this particular hotel to many clients and friends, I won't be doing so in the future. It's not because of the staff who do the real work but I have never been treated this way by a group of managers who seem to last less than two years at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank want2seemore
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear valued guest; I regret to hear about your challenges in accessing your rate. It was our oversight that the rate we offered you in 2007 was not updated in the last four year, and we apologies for this. Our hotel rates have increased since 2007 reflecting the changes in the economy. We are still committed to offering our valued guests the best value proposition possible in the airport area within similar category of hotels. We thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to James Wu, our director of sales and marketing should you have any questions.

Kind Regards,