1,200 results
All reviews boston pizza canyon creek free shuttle service an early flight one night stay club floor pool and hot tub check in was quick pearson proximity
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I have been a regular customer at the Toronto airport Crowne since 2007 until Dec, 2010. I had an agreement with the managers of the hotel, at that time, for a flat rate along with a parking arrangement and a contintental breakfast. This seemed to be current up to and including December, 2010. When I phoned in February to book a stay, I was notified that my contract was cancelled; the Front Desk manager apparently wouldn't talk to me; and, I was told to call "Sales". After a day and a half, I finally was given a quote by the current Sales manager and at a rate about of 56% over the old rate. There was no "thanks for the business over the last 4 years"; "we appreciate your loyalty" and the Sales manager laughed when I asked if there was room for negotiation and how she came up with that rate.

Interestingly, the Monday after that discussion I received my new Platinun Priority card for my frequent stays at that Crowne.

Since then, I've tried contacting and emailed the General manager, Tim [--] - with no response.

The Crowne clearly doesn't appreciate regular loyal customers and, certainly, doesn't have regard for providing notice that can seriously cause damage to business traveller's schedules.

i've unsuccessful in finding a site dedicated to business travellers so Trip Advisor was my last recourse to get the word out.

Having recommended this particular hotel to many clients and friends, I won't be doing so in the future. It's not because of the staff who do the real work but I have never been treated this way by a group of managers who seem to last less than two years at this hotel.

Date of stay: December 2010
1  Thank want2seemore
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear valued guest; I regret to hear about your challenges in accessing your rate. It was our oversight that the rate we offered you in 2007 was not updated in the last four year, and we apologies for this. Our hotel rates have increased since 2007 reflecting the changes in the economy. We are still committed to offering our valued guests the best value proposition possible in the airport area within similar category of hotels. We thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to James Wu, our director of sales and marketing should you have any questions.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

I went to stay here for a business fundraiser, the Staff was very accommodating and the rooms were beautiful, I was wonderfully surprised. I would most diffidently stay again.

Date of stay: February 2011
1  Thank Teen2011
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Dear Crowne Plaza Guest, thank you for your recent comment on TripAdvisor, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

The hotel itself was average. The front desk staff was not very knowledgeable about the surrounding area as I ask about what there is to do close to the hotel for the night. The room was dated but clean. It looks like they are trying to update the look but is half way there. Pillows were horrible - all lumpy and soft. The bed was firm and would have been a good sleep if the pillows were better. Bathrooms were a bit small, but the room I was in with the king size bed was good size. I enjoy all the art and water color paintings decorating the walls of the room and hotel lobby, but a bit out of place with the old decor of the hotel. 24 hr shuttles to/from the airport (on every half hour basis) makes it very convenient. Lots of restaurants within the block (5 just outside the hotel - Tony Roma, Boston Pizza, etc). But the best was the restaurant in the hotel, La Brasserie in which the chef won an award. I usually do not expect much from hotel restaurants and was pleasantly surprised. And the staff was great there- professional and friendly (and multi-lingual). The salads were fresh and the salmon I had was cooked to perfection (just done and moist). The breakfast buffet was reasonably priced and everything was fresh - even with a self serve waffle station in which batter is in individual cups and you just pour in the waffle iron. Overall, good hotel to stay in overnight and do eat in the hotel because the food is quite good there.

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear valued guest, I have forwarded your recent comment to our Executive Chef and the restaurant staff. Thank you for your detailed review of our property and rest assured that all your comments are being shared amongst our staff.

Reviewed February 3, 2011

It was the middle of winter, and I had the worst cold in the world. When I got off the plane, I called for the free shuttle service provided by the hotel. Being told it would be there promptly, I proceeded outside, to wait. An HOUR and a ton of angry phonecalls later, it finally arrived, proceeded to go pick up more travellers until the shuttle was full to bursting, and took us to the hotel. I have stayed here in the past and know what the rooms are like - I was shafted to a tiny, dark hole which is not the 'Executive Suite' I paid for. Finally, the next morning, I wished to have breakfast, and both the restaurant and room service were finished - at noon. Atrocious service, bad quality - DO NOT STAY HERE.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank beitmann
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

Dear Valued Guest, we are surprised to hear that you had to wait so long for our airport shuttle. Please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel so that we can look into this matter. All our shuttles are fitted with GPS systems that allow us to track these discrepancies.

Your in Service,

Reviewed January 26, 2011

After missing a flight due to Westjet's lovely habit of switching gates at Toronto's Pearson airport, I caught a great deal on Hotwire ($70/night) for this hotel, shuttled from the airport, and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel IS close to the airport, but if noise bothers you, they provide a welcome package with earplugs.

Date of stay: January 2011
1  Thank FiloTravelsAbroad

We are please to hear that your first stay at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport was a pleasant one and hope that you were able to catch your flight home shortly after.