“I will be back!”

Ranked #62 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario, Canada
“I will be back!”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed here for four nights. I had booked a room with two double beds. It was big enough, had a desk, TV, a refrigerator, coffee maker. Free Wifi was a definite plus.

The room was a bit dated but clean. The service was good, the bed comfortable and the shower great. My room was toward the back and I slept with the window open; I heard no traffic noise.

The hotel is perfectly located, within a minute to buses and a couple of minutes to the subway. It took 25 minutes to get to Young and Queen (Bus and Subway).

Unfortunately, breakfast is not included and after reading the reviews i did not feel like trying it. A Second Cup (with great coffee) is right at the corner.

It was a good experience and I will be back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank PVfirst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were accused of lying when we refused to pay for hole burnt on bedspread which we had reported to staff on discovering it on the day we arrived,the duty manager was very hostile to us and we we were very upset when he accused us of disrepecting him ,we thought it was him disrespecting us by accusing us of lying ,he finnally said he would not charge us but still not did not apoligise for calling us liars.We had already spent time in your Orilia Hotel and very much enjoyed it .As this was our last day in Canada it was a very upsetting to us to be treated that way as we had enjoyed a wonderful 3 weeks in Canada fortunately we had been treated very well everywhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nothappy39
Chicago
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Awesome hotel, awesome location. Minutes from the Yonge transit line, close to shopping, food, downtown, everything. This was a great choice as a hotel for this trip.

Parking is valet only, this was the only negative aspect. I didn't even need my car though because everything was close and I use transit regularly. WiFi was a bit slow...but I think the hotel was crowded and the bandwidth was maxed out. Pool was outdoors and closed.

The walls were pretty thin, but I enjoyed the "audio entertainment" I received from my next door neighbors so it didn't bother me (wish it happened more often!). Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NoCoastPunk
Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The Roehampton Best Western is the most un-organized/un-professional hotel i've ever stayed at. I drove 5 and a half hours to get here and when i get here, i find out they didn't make the reservations for the first of two days i was supposed to be staying. secondly, i was FREEZING in my room!!! i called down to the front desk, nobody would answer my call. ITS ONLY 8pm, pick up the phone!!! so after trying to call the desk 5 or 6 times and receiving no answer, i went down to see if anyone was even here... both desks down stairs had staff using the phone for personal calls! no wonder i couldn't get through!!!
as soon as i got off the elevator, both guys at the desk lept off the phones and computers to serve me... FINALLY!! only to find out that the hotel only has a/c, and the heat wont be turned on... wont be turned on!? its almost october! there's frost on the ground at night!! Disappointed in the staff, i returned to my room, cold and pissed off!
So after i get back to my room and settle down at about 8:30pm i called for room service. This time i actually get an answer! But i find out that the kitchen closes at 9pm and there is only one person to cook, clean and deliver the food... so the staff advised me that she would call me back in my room when she had time... Needless to say i didn't get any food untill 9:30!!! WHAT KIND OF HOTEL DOESN'T HAVE ROOM SERVICE AFTER 9!? NOT EVERYONE SHOWS UP AT NOON TO CHECK IN! I was SO upset with my stay, i was ready to cancel the meeting i was supposed to goto and leave for home that night!!!

I would not advise anybody to stay here. the staff is very unprofessional. the rooms aren't very nice (especially compared to the lobby). The rooms lack heat and they are TINY!!!!!

-unsatisfied customer

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Unsatisfied_Person
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This turned out to be a perfect stop. We stayed outside of downtown to save $ (everything in the area is relatively pricey). Initially I thought staying so far from town would be an inconvenience, but it was not at all. It was great not having to take the car into the horrendous downtown traffic! The subway was maybe a 15-minute walk from the hotel, and then a 15-minute subway ride to downtown -- very easy. We did the walk to the subway station several times in our two days as we explored the area. Lots of restaurants and businesses within walking distance of hotel. The room was very large and comfortable -- no complaints whatsoever. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Our suite was huge and just right for our family. Room was very clean, breakfast was great and the staff was friendly. Nice location a little bit away from downtown but in a vibrant neighborhood with restaurants and supermarkets. Great place to stay in Toronto!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed one night here. Upon arriving we were checked into a room which smelled of stale cigarette smoke. We called the front desk and asked if it was a smoking room, because we had requested a non-smoking room. The front desk told us that we were on the smoking floor and they could not move us because they were sold out. Very frustrating as we were travelling with kids and we all have allergies that made us very uncomfortable in the room. Also, when we got there we discovered that the pool was closed for renovation (lesson learned- check the hotel website before booking if you want to make sure you have a pool for your kids!) The parking is valet and is $12.00. Our room was a suite with two doubles and a pull-out couch. The hotel was clean (except for the smell) and comfortable. My mother-in-law had a much smaller room with just a queen bed and reported that the walls were so thin she could hear every word the neighbors spoke and therefore did not sleep well, although the bed was comfortable. The neighborhood was nice. There's a running/walking trail about seven blocks away, and lots of coffee shops and restaurants surround the hotel. Breakfast at the hotel was $8 or $10 for Continental/Full.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family