“Adequate”

Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites
Ranked #59 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
“Adequate”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

If this area is where you need to be, as it was for us, the hotel is fine. Room spacious, free wifi, but the complimentary breakfast is ordinary. Tourists will stay in more central location although the hotel is close to underground rail system which is easy to negotiate.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My friend and myself stayed at this hotel, and were extremely disappointed. I have been debating on writing a review on this hotel, but I believe other people should be aware!

The hotel is a bit outdated and old, but is clean (which is the only good thing about this hotel)

The front desk staff are completely rude. there were two females at the desk, and one lady was to busy doing NOTHING and ignored us until finally she decided to help us. While the other female was to busy yelling at an older gentlemen as he did not understand a policy of the hotel, and was completely rude to him. I was completely disgusted by this behaviour. We have stayed at his hotel before, and did not experience this treatment, HOWEVER both times that we stayed here the front desk asked us to "sign a noise contract" b/c a wedding party was staying there, thus if they made any noise we could complain.... SURE! they obviously assumed by our looks and age that we probably would be throwing a party in the room or something, and made us sign the form.. which is completely ageist as i did not see the elder gentlemen sign this form.. and it is such a coincidence that a wedding party was booked both times we were at the hotel, and the hotel was hardly even full.

The room was clean, but HOT.. no matter what we did the air conditioner did not turn on and the heat just would not turn off! plus they placed us in a room right beside the elevator so we could hear people coming and going as the walls are thin and of course the key did not work. When we went back downstairs to ask for a second room, we were told that the hotel was fully booked b/c of the "Wedding party".. and the second rude front desk worker said to us that next time we should request a room away from the elevator... seriously? i do not believe that the hotel was fully booked.

To make matters worse, i found a hair in my bacon strips that stuck together the next morning, and i had to go through 3-4 cups to find a cup that was remotely clean to drink from.

I am completely disappointed in this hotel, DO NOT go if you want to be treated like you owe the front desk staff something!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your detailed review on your recent stay with us and we appreciate all of your comments and concerns about the hotel. On behalf of the entire team and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused you.

Thank you for bringing up your concerns about the breakfast and front desk staff. We are disappointed to learn that we did not meet up to your expectations. We appreciate all guest feedback as I t allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel operation and services to make it better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us and hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Sherwood Park
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is nice. Only downside is parking. You are charged $16 for valet service each day. The parking lot is small, but somehow they make it work.
This hotel is uptown. Short train ride to downtown though.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank tom_teebird
We appreciate all of your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and will stay with us again in the future
melbourne
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Enjoying a three night stay for business. The hotel is a bit old and tired, but well equipped and spotless. Staff are friendly and relaxed and complimentary breakfast is both a plus and better than most. Close to Eglinton station and nice walks to Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Don Valley ravines and Beltway trail. Lots of good friendly pubs and value for money restaurants down Eglinton and Mount Pleasant. Good bet for a budget stay in Toronto.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank squonkMelbourne
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I appreciate your feedback. I would like to thank you for your comments on our convenient location and cleanliness of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!
Waubaushene, ON
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé booked this hotel for us (we are actually currently in the hotel) while she attends a conference at the Baycrest hospital, as the conference listed it as a choice hotel. For that purpose it would have been better to spend the little bit extra to stay at the Holiday Inn. We would have been half the distance to the hospital and across the road from Yorkdale mall.

That being said, this was a very clean hotel with a nice room, friendly staff, and a decent little fitness facility. Unfortunately we stayed in early May so there was no pool.

One of the big things we didn't like was that it's valet parking only, and is why I've scored the hotel I way I have. They keep your keys and hand you a tag saying that they're not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle, or anything you leave in it. Really makes it hard to give them your keys, but apparently there's no choice, and this was never conveyed when booking. Plus it costs an extra $16. It makes it a huge hassle if you need to simply get to your car to grab something. Oh and when I tried to leave to pick up my fiancé from her conference, staff brought me someone else's car. It then took another 5 or 10 minutes to find our keys.

The room cooling system was set to air but the room was so very warm. I spoke to the front desk while they brought around the Buick that belonged to someone else. The staff at the front made a call and determined that the air had not actually been turned on in the rooms. By the time we returned that evening the air had been turned on and it eventually got to a reasonable temperature.

We just came back from breakfast. It is included free with your reservation. This is a nice addition, and saves a few dollars for extra meals. The breakfast was a good buffet (with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, French toast, toaster options, cereals, yogurt, pastries, juices, coffee, and tea), and staff were very friendly and attentive.

Overall, a nice and clean hotel with friendly staff. The only real issue is the parking situation

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Ontario_Craig
Thank you very much for choosing the Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a detailed review on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet & service. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay and our staff members do their best to provide you with a positive experience.

I am disappointed to learn that you were not pleased with our valet services and I am sorry that you had to wait for your car to be brought up .Please accept my apology for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. As you may have noticed, we have very limited parking spaces onsite and we offer valet parking only.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did complete a feedback form because I was extremely impressed with the kindness and professionalism I experienced at the Roehampton. I was particularly taken with the caring and thoughtfulness of the concierge team. One evening, when a friend was dropping me off at the hotel, the concierge saw me from the lobby and came out to greet me and welcome me back "home". You have achieved in your staff what every service organization only hopes for.

I left the feedback form with the Front Desk clerk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide valued feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. I will pass these great comments on to my staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Once again thank you for choosing the Roehampton Hotel and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.
Auburn NY
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I wanted to take the comfy queen sized pillow top bed back with me!! The room was large with a sofa & desk & easy access to wi fi. Large closet, nice dresser. Nice buffet breakfast. There is a fridge so you need to bring drink & food (limited venting machines & ice on 3rd floor) or go out to eat lunch & dinner. Friendly service. The bathroom was small!! I couldn't sit on the toilet lid to put on my lotion on my feet & legs!! I didn't think I was that heavy but I don't think it will hold anyone (very thin lid). Also they will exchange your USA $ to Canadian but will not exchange it back when you leave. We also thought it odd that the valet holds your car keys. Very small parking lot. Outside pool so No swimming in April!!

Room Tip: We had a nice view of city from 9th floor. Temp was fine in room.