“Good value and friendly”

Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites
Ranked #64 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
melbourne
“Good value and friendly”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Enjoying a three night stay for business. The hotel is a bit old and tired, but well equipped and spotless. Staff are friendly and relaxed and complimentary breakfast is both a plus and better than most. Close to Eglinton station and nice walks to Mount Pleasant Cemetery, Don Valley ravines and Beltway trail. Lots of good friendly pubs and value for money restaurants down Eglinton and Mount Pleasant. Good bet for a budget stay in Toronto.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank squonkMelbourne
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I appreciate your feedback. I would like to thank you for your comments on our convenient location and cleanliness of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Waubaushene, ON
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé booked this hotel for us (we are actually currently in the hotel) while she attends a conference at the Baycrest hospital, as the conference listed it as a choice hotel. For that purpose it would have been better to spend the little bit extra to stay at the Holiday Inn. We would have been half the distance to the hospital and across the road from Yorkdale mall.

That being said, this was a very clean hotel with a nice room, friendly staff, and a decent little fitness facility. Unfortunately we stayed in early May so there was no pool.

One of the big things we didn't like was that it's valet parking only, and is why I've scored the hotel I way I have. They keep your keys and hand you a tag saying that they're not responsible for anything that happens to your vehicle, or anything you leave in it. Really makes it hard to give them your keys, but apparently there's no choice, and this was never conveyed when booking. Plus it costs an extra $16. It makes it a huge hassle if you need to simply get to your car to grab something. Oh and when I tried to leave to pick up my fiancé from her conference, staff brought me someone else's car. It then took another 5 or 10 minutes to find our keys.

The room cooling system was set to air but the room was so very warm. I spoke to the front desk while they brought around the Buick that belonged to someone else. The staff at the front made a call and determined that the air had not actually been turned on in the rooms. By the time we returned that evening the air had been turned on and it eventually got to a reasonable temperature.

We just came back from breakfast. It is included free with your reservation. This is a nice addition, and saves a few dollars for extra meals. The breakfast was a good buffet (with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, French toast, toaster options, cereals, yogurt, pastries, juices, coffee, and tea), and staff were very friendly and attentive.

Overall, a nice and clean hotel with friendly staff. The only real issue is the parking situation

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Ontario_Craig
Thank you very much for choosing the Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a detailed review on your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet & service. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay and our staff members do their best to provide you with a positive experience.

I am disappointed to learn that you were not pleased with our valet services and I am sorry that you had to wait for your car to be brought up .Please accept my apology for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. As you may have noticed, we have very limited parking spaces onsite and we offer valet parking only.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did complete a feedback form because I was extremely impressed with the kindness and professionalism I experienced at the Roehampton. I was particularly taken with the caring and thoughtfulness of the concierge team. One evening, when a friend was dropping me off at the hotel, the concierge saw me from the lobby and came out to greet me and welcome me back "home". You have achieved in your staff what every service organization only hopes for.

I left the feedback form with the Front Desk clerk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide valued feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. I will pass these great comments on to my staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Once again thank you for choosing the Roehampton Hotel and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.
Auburn NY
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I wanted to take the comfy queen sized pillow top bed back with me!! The room was large with a sofa & desk & easy access to wi fi. Large closet, nice dresser. Nice buffet breakfast. There is a fridge so you need to bring drink & food (limited venting machines & ice on 3rd floor) or go out to eat lunch & dinner. Friendly service. The bathroom was small!! I couldn't sit on the toilet lid to put on my lotion on my feet & legs!! I didn't think I was that heavy but I don't think it will hold anyone (very thin lid). Also they will exchange your USA $ to Canadian but will not exchange it back when you leave. We also thought it odd that the valet holds your car keys. Very small parking lot. Outside pool so No swimming in April!!

Room Tip: We had a nice view of city from 9th floor. Temp was fine in room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased that you found the room to be very clean and comfortable, and enjoyed the amenities that we offer in our guest rooms. We have noted your comment about the toilet lid and I appreciate it very much for bringing it to our attention. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the high standards that we want our guests to experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room is spacious and comfortable and very clean. I love the neighborhood - the only downside is there's only breakfast , no dinner or lunch which I find strange and inconvenient the price does not reflect this But if your looking for a no frills hotel in a great neighborhood then it's great!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback. We are pleased to know that you that you enjoyed our location and the neighborhood. As you may have noticed there are many different types of restaurants within short walking distance from the hotel offering various types from fast food to gourmet meals. We look forward to welcome you again.