“Great place to stay”

Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites
Ranked #63 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I only booked this hotel as the usual place where I usuall stay in Toronto is closed for refurbishment but I'm so glad I chose this place. Great location for those who don't want to stay in the downtown area , it's a short walk to the subway and only a 15 minute journey into the city centre.

Clean rooms , fantastic staff and a breakfast buffet that is hard to beat. I will definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I will make sure to share your comments with the hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Best Western Plus Roehampton Hotel & suites

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The reasonable price for downtown Toronto is the only positive feature. We had a suite with a queen bed. The decor is clean but old and in drastic need of upgrade to keep up with the time. Room clean but antiquated. Probably has not seen a coat of paint since the 90's.
breakfast buffet: food is abundant but bland no real taste or flavor can be perceived, it's like eating cardboard. I asked for a wedge I hit water and lemon, first I am told there is no lemon. After giving a disappointed look, the server asked another lady working there..... 25 minutes later I was given 2 pieces of lemon on a plate that had seen better days and guess what, still no hot water. So cardboard food But hey plenty of it.
Staff is nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing up your concerns about the breakfast buffet food & service. We are sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations while staying with us. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to make the necessary changes to our facilities to make it better for our guests. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future

Reviewed September 26, 2012

In spite of the complaints about this hotel, it more than met my expectations. Is the hotel located "downtown"? No (check the map), but it is very close to the subway, giving easy access to the city. Could the decor use a bit of a tune-up? Sure, but it's clean & offers the essential amenities. My non-smoking room was as promised. The complimentary, buffet breakfast was perfectly fine, with good selection. The staff were the most cheerful I've ever encountered. Hats off to Mr. Saif Rehman, Evening Manager, for his friendly & welcoming approach. I have no complaints about my stay -- everything from the reservation to checkout was smooth and pleasant -- and I recommend this hotel to anyone who is not interested in paying top dollar or having every little luxury at hand.

Room Tip: Room 303 is at quiet end of a hallway, away from elevator & near emergency exit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

I appreciate your comments about your stay. I will pass your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. I thank you very much for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel insists on assigning smoking rooms to non-smokers. Also, if you are in a connecting room, ensure that the connecting doors are locked. In my case they weren't, and I felt threatened by drunks conducting a loud party in the connecting room.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ensure that you are not assigned a smoking room. If you are given a connect...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelsleuth1961
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I am sorry to read your comments. As previously advised by both the hotel and Best Western the reservation was originally made by your agent for a smoking room but despite the high occupancy the hotel did still manage to locate a non-smoking room for you. I am obviously disappointed to read that we were unable to meet your expectations even though we did accommodate your request at check-in.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We confirmed our reservation because we knew we would not get to hotel until midnight. After driving 500 miles we got to hotel and found out that there was no reservation (according to person at front desk). Then the story changed after 5 minutes of arguing to "oh here is the reservation ,but....". The reservation was found but was not the one that we had confirmed 6 hours before. When we got up to the room we found that the carpet was wet and the bathroom door would not shut. We then realized that the hotel staff had given our room to the people that had originally had the room with the wet carpet (they must have complained).
After more arguments and an offer of only 20% off we left with a refund from our booking agent.
We drove around and ended up at a much cheaper hotel by the airport with nicer staff and a much nicer room.
We will never stay at another Best Western or Roehampton Hotel!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lhartlep51
Bwroe, General Manager at Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience that was caused during your stay with us. I am very disappointed to learn that you had an unpleasant experience upon arrival. As we always maintain high standards of cleanliness, we had to shampoo the carpet in the room to remove a stain left by the previous guest. It was a sold out night, and unfortunately we did not have any other rooms to offer you.

Your feedback is much appreciated. I take your comments very seriously, and assure you that I personally will be looking into what happened with your reservation and will address with the staff concerned. Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused and not meeting your expectations.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had never been to Toronto before and were somewhat surprised by where this hotel was. It is not in the center downtown region, but once we learned the subway/bus system we found it very easy to get around. The hotel is right next to the intersection of a main subway and an important bus line so making connections was quick and easy. The neighborhood around the hotel is actually very nice and we took some pleasant walks to see it. There are also some very good places to eat in the area.

I thought the room was what I would expect at a Best Western and why we came there. It was large, clean and well furnished. (However, the wall in the center of the room was strange.) The wifi connection dropped out from time to time, but that was just a minor annoyance. One evening as we returned to the hotel at 10 pm, I mentioned to the Front Desk clerk that we had a TV problem. Within 10 minutes someone was at our room to fix it. There is a computer & printer system in the lobby which came in very handy in printing out the tickets we purchased on-line.

The free breakfast was very good with the standard scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon & French toast every day. But there was also lots of other options including dry cereals, muffins, Danish, bagels, yogurt and other things. You will NOT go hungry.

I thought all the staff at the Front Desk, Concierge and breakfast room to be very friendly and helpful. (A special shout-out to Annie in the breakfast room.)

There is a pool and a laundry room, but we did not use either one.

Overall it was a very nice place and I'm glad we were there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jake M

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and enjoyed our hotel services and facilities. Once again, I thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

A little dated, food was expensive and second rate, staff were not helpful at all, I had to cash a travelors check and I was a guest already checked in and they wouldnt cash my travelors check because they said the signatures didnt match in their opinion. Now the day manager cashed them the next day but it was very embarassing.

Room Tip: Find another Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Grady C

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to learn that our Duty Manager was able to cash the travelers’ cheques. Please note that for your protection and security, we take serious measures when cashing cheques. If in doubt with the signature our Guest Services personal have to get approval from the Duty Manager. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.