“Yonge Eglinton central location”

BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites
Ranked #60 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Midland, Canada
“Yonge Eglinton central location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel is outdated in appearance but comfortable. The service from registration to valet parking to complimentary breakfast was good. The room was spacious and quiet. In short a decent place to stay at a reasonable price in a good uptown location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank relishestravel
Bwroe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. We always appreciate your feed back about our property. Once again, I thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Suburban Philadephia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. Had never been to Toronto, but this was semi affordable and had a pool. It is NOT convenient to downtown attractions. We were there over Canada Day Weekend, so drove downtown, which took about 20 minutes. Parking was $15 vs $12 for both of us to take public transportation. Glad we opted to drive, and there was very little traffic.

The staff were fine. Valet/ concerige recognized us and we never had to wait long for the car.
Breakfast was nice. Served in the restaurant, same food every day: eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast, cereal, etc.
The pool area was on the third floor roof, but was quite chilly. I found it refreshing, but many didn't go in cause it was too cold.
Room was spacious and comfortable.

Not much in the area, so if you want to see the sights I'd suggest staying closer to downtown.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to know that your stay was confortable and enjoyed our hotel services and facilities. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the hotel location convenient for your travel. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
North American
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Check in was very quick and friendly. The decor of the room is mismatched and outdated (red sofa, blue carpet and old brass fixtures). I was only planning to stay one night to get some work done and sleep, but as mentioned in a previous review, the internet connection is very sporadic, once a connection can be made, that is. I was there to finish up some work, which I was unable to do, and rather than continuously be interrupted, I checked out and went to another hotel. When I checked out, I mentioned the internet problem, and the agent said "You have to tell us, you can't just leave." To his credit, after that, he offered to take a look at try to get it working, but I just wanted to get out of there. I would not recommend this hotel to tourists, as it is not within walking distance of any attractions that I can think of, nor would I recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MKUltra3340
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you left the Hotel due to an internet connectivity problem. Please note that we offer 24 / 7 technical support services through our internet service provider for any guests who are experiencing difficulties with connectivity issues.

I am pleased to advise you that we are in the process of upgrading our internet services to provide all our valued guests with a faster connection speed. We are hoping to have this services available by the end of August.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My experience at this hotel was mediocre at best. My husband and I got married close by and this was the closest hotel to the venue. We had pretty much all of our guests stay here, meaning more than half of the hotel was occupied by our wedding for two nights. When we arrived to check in we asked the valet to park us near my uncles truck, which we could see and there was an empty space right next to it. The valet was snarly and said he wasn't sure if that was okay. Considering our car was full of things that had to be transferred to that truck, that was unacceptable and my husband refused the valet parking and parked there anyways.

With already having a bad impression of the hotel before even checking in, I did try my best to move on. However we then had several of our guests complain to us about the front desk service, my mother included. It is my opinion that people who don't like people should not work in customer service, and the front desk staff did not strike me as liking people.

The best I can say for this hotel is that they did let us take some wedding pictures in the lobby, which is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffH320
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at our Hotel and apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have brought these points to the attention of the staff concerned. We will use your comments to improve our services.

Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, because it is within walking distance of my area headquarters. However, it has never been my favourite place. The best I can say is that it is clean. And the people are nice. In the last two months or so, they have done away with the restaurant for all meals other than a miserable excuse for breakfast which is complimentary with your stay. Dont bother. Splurge and go up the street (Eglinton) to the Golden Griddle where you can get real eggs prepared anyway you like.

The location for this hotel - basically at the corner of Mount Pleasant and Eglinton - is within walking distance (about 10 minutes) of the TTC subway stop at Eglinton and Yonge. It is withink walking distance of a Sobeys, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall Drug store, a couple of coffee places and a couple of nice restaurants, but in terms of attractions, I cant recommend it.

The room is basic, though does have a fridge, coffee maker, ipod dock and a flat screen tv, but is dated, and I found the bathroom really small (room 509) Also I had to fight with the key card every single time I wanted to get into my room, as the swipe thingy is not very sensitive - this makes me very frustrated.

Overall, simply due to business I will undoubtedly be staying again, but given a choice, I would not.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cross2bear
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed overnight on a Saturday (5th May 2012). Parking lot is small and taxis were blocking the driveway when we arrived, but valet told us to leave our veh and check in. Check in was fast and valet looked after parking our veh and kept it close so we could access it if required. Note that this hotel only has a very small parking area and if its full, you have park in a municipal lot a block away. The room was a bit dated, but had lots of space for the king size bed, a couch, desk etc. it was nice to have a full size couch to sit on instead of the often uncomfortable chairs in some rooms. The free wifi was a bit glitchy, it dropped connection on my ipad several times, which is not normal for the ipad. The included breakfast was very good, with both hot and cold selections. The location is very good, lots of restaurants and coffee places nearby, mostly on Young st, but a few closer. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bwroe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with the Best Western Plus Roehampton Hotel and Suites while visiting Toronto. We value your compliments and thank you so much for your possitive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
yarker
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

My husband & I just returned home from Toronto where we stayed at the BWPlus Roehampton. The hotel was one of the choices we were given for a wedding we were attending. I chose the BW plus because the price was good & it was closest to the wedding venue. We were able to walk over to the wedding from the hotel.

The staff were very friendly & efficient when we checked in. We had no trouble finding the hotel from the directions they had given on their website. The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately the room was unbearably hot. We arrived late in the afternoon so just had time for a little rest from the drive & then time to get ready for the wedding. The room was so hot it was very difficult getting ready. The bathroom is small so it was a bit of a struggle getting ready due to the size & the heat. I was soaked in sweat while trying to get dressed up.

The room did have a window that opened so we opened it up & turned on the cooling system before we left for the wedding. When we returned from the wonderful wedding the room had not cooled down at all. If it hadn't been so late I would have called the front desk. It was next to impossible to sleep. I finally got a couple of hours sleep just out of sheer exhaustion but when I got up the pillow was soaked as was I. That was sleeping with no blankets on us. I ended up having a cool shower to try to cool off.

Another couple that we were going to the wedding with had the same issue in their room too. If it wasn't for the heat it would have been a very pleasant stay. My husband & I had the breakfast buffet before we checked out & it was good.The choices were adequate. The fresh fruit was very good as were the croissants. The waitress was also very friendly & efficient. When we went to leave the car was returned to us very quickly.

Overall it is a nice hotel for the price especially considering most hotel prices in Toronto. If it wasn't for the heat we would have been extremely satisfied.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank raedar
Bwroe, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus Roehampton Hotel and Suites.
We value your comments and we are sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Traditionally in March, the heating system is kept on, and due to the unexpected warm temperatures we had some technical problems with our air-conditioning system. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Once again, I thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again.