“Very Slow”

Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Ranked #91 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Front desk staff vey rude and slow while check in after 11pm. He so arrogant and rude, skinny tall with the beard. The hotel was not very close to the airport and too much noise on the floor.
I never want stay in this hotel anymore.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience upon check in at the hotel. Please be assured that this will be addressed with our front desk staff to ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

Again we sincerely apologize and we do hope that you give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because it has a very reasonable rate for a stay, park and fly when booking through selloffvactions.com. It was close to the airport, the shuttle ran on time and we parked our car for 2 weeks. The room was clean, the beds and pillows very comfortable. I would use this hotel again and would recommend it to any travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dreamingCanada
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad to hear that our hotel amenities and service met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Again, we truly appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently stayed here before our early morning flight from Toronto Airport. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. They explained the free 24 hour airport shuttle and showed us where the gym and pool were located. Our room was fantasic and the bed was comfortable. There are also many restaurants near the hotel. I would recommend this hotel for anyone taking an early morning flight out!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us about your stay. It is very rewarding to hear that you liked our amenities and our service. We rely on your comments to continually improve our products and service.

Again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

On a recent business trip I made a reservation for a King Bed on the business floor. I knew that I would be tired after travelling and completing my work for the day. Upon check-in the front desk was very courteous and provided me with the room key. However, I was placed in a "smaller room" that was immediately beside the vending machines and they were very noisy. I called down and requested another room and I was moved from the second to the fifth floor. The second room was roomier and did have a King Bed, but I'm not sure if it was a business room? If so, it was the least in standard of a "business room" in which I have overnighted, at any hotel. Although I did request an upgrade (if available), I definitely did not get it. The stay was comfortable, clean and worth the price along with the front staff being helpful. However, as an Elite member to this hotel chain, I was disappointed in that my initial request for an upgrade was not provided.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with our guest rooms and for not being able to accommodate your upgrade request at the time. The feedback we receive from you will help us to target problem areas to ensure that a similar situation will be avoided in the future.

We know that you have many IHG choices when it comes to your travelling but we do hope that you choose to stay at our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros:
- ample parking
- good location to restaurants
- newly renovated
- clean

Cons:
- wifi connection tends to disconnect very often
- fitness centre is a joke and should either be removed or taken seriously
- employees I dealt with (2 to be precise) were rude, careless and incompetent
- very small bathrooms

My overall experience there was alright. I attended for a wedding in Toronto. Upon my arrival I had to give them my credit card since I was the first to arrive between my party renting 4 rooms. I made it clear that I was not paying for the room since it was all being paid by the bride and groom and that the only reason I allowed them to see my credit card was strictly as an insurance until the rest of the party arrived. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Upon my departure, I checked out and spoke with the employee at the front desk who happened to be the same one as when I checked in. I reminded her of my credit card situation and she assured me that I would not be charged on that credit card and that the bride had already paid in full for all the rooms. The next day, to my surprise, my credit card was charged for $500 from holiday in. It turns out that the hotel had charged both myself and the bride for the SAME ROOM. I am now waiting for a complete refund from the hotel which may take up to 5 days to complete. I tread fair warning to anyone who goes to this hotel, double check all expenses!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We sincerely apologize for not being able to exceed your expectations on this particular stay. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Though we would have preferred that you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments and we hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for a trip to see a Yankees Blue Jays game. Booked through hotwire and got a gereat deal. The front desk person was nice & friendly. Nice large indoor pool. Got a very large room. Comfy beds. Great Stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad that our hotel met your expectations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and we appreciate your positive feedback.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our hockey team stayed at this hotel the past weekend.

This is mainly an airport / convention hotel but was very willing to accommodate teams and large groups.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Doors were heavy and made a lot of noise opening and closing. You could hear the airplanes in some rooms but we were not able to hear them in our room.

The bathrooms were a little small and required some maneuvering but clean and contained everything needed.

The pool area was spacious and clean.

The hotel hooked us up with a courtesy room for our team to hang around in for the weekend which kept the parents and girls out of the hallway. It was much appreciated and hospitality that not many hotels offer for teams even though it is truly in their best interest.

The front desk staff is slow and fairly unresponsive. They need to smile more and look like they are ready to help.

We had one meal at Perkins. The food was fantastic but the service was awful. It felt like we were full on accosted by their wait staff. He was rude and made us feel like we were an inconvenience while waiting for us to decide on our order. After one meal, not one person from our team returned back to the restaurant.

This is a good , no frills hotel. I would stay there again with no doubt. Easy to access from the highway and central to most locations in Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had with our staff. Please be assured that this will be addressed with them to ensure complete guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre
Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Mississauga-Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Premier Toronto Airport Carlingview Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East? Share your experiences!