“Most comfortable beds during our Canadian tour.”

Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Ranked #85 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Chichester
“Most comfortable beds during our Canadian tour.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

In 2009 we were "Zoomed", when Zoom Airlines went bust after we had boarded our aircraft in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

A long story, but we had to get out of Halifax to a hub airport in order to find a flight back to the UK. We succeeded with a Westjet flight to Toronto, where we were able to book a room at the Holiday Inn (West) - an excellent hotel, where the staff were so helpful to us.

Having not realised there were 2 Holiday Inns at Toronto Airport, we asked the travel agent through whom we were arranging our holiday to Alberta and BC, to book the Holiday Inn for our overnight stay, finding on arrival that this was at the older, low rise (3 storey) Holiday Inn East.

No worries, the hotel had recently been refurbished and the staff were just as helpful as they had been at the Holiday Inn West.

However, what makes the Holiday Inn stand out is the exceptionally comfortable beds/pillows - certainly the most comfortable we had throughout our holiday in 8 hotels, albeit closely followed by the Delta Bow Valley Hotel in Calgary, which is an excellent upmarket resort/business hotel.

The clean rooms, quiet air-conditioning (about 28c outside) and welcoming on-site restaurant at the Holiday Inn East, were also very much appreciated - thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Knight45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed one evening the last night of my Toronto stay. (For anyone visiting Toronto, the early am public transportation is not early enough for an early flight out of the airport. So if you book a hotel downtown, book your last night near the airport, take the train to the bus to the airport and then make use of the free shuttle.)This hotel was really nice, recently renovated. I cannot remember the womans name who checked me in, but she was delightful. Warm and welcoming. The property was clean and my room was very nice. The beds were new and extremely comfortable. I didnt have a swimsuit or work out clothes but did check out the pool and exercise rooms. The pool was nice and nobody was there so I really wished I had my suit cause I could've had the whole pool to myself. The exercise room was small but had enough cardio machines and free weights to get some decent exercise. I ate in the resturant too, it was pretty good and fairly price. Wake up call right on time. Shuttle also right on time. All the staff I encountered were very pleasant. Most Canadians are. I would recommend staying here, if you need a hotel near the airport. If you want to stay and visit Toronto, I would rent a car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank rob788
Ontario
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My mother, aunt, and I stayed here on the Park, Sleep, and Fly package before our trip to Mexico. We had a ground floor room very close to the lobby--GREAT location for those with mobility issues. Our room was clean and quiet, and we all had a pretty good sleep. Bathroom is nice and large, and I love the bath products provided.

Where this hotel really shines though, is with customer service. We ran into a major snag while in Mexico, where my mother ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. I was worried about my car being in the parking lot so long, but Lesianne was really reassuring and wonderful to work with--thank you so much for your patience and understanding. That was some pretty awesome customer service.

We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Desmei
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in Toronto for a trade show. The hotel is conveniently placed near the airport and convention center. I could walk to the show as well as several restaurants and bars in the area. The problem with the location is that it is in the flight path for the airport, and it is right next to a busy highway interchange. It was very hard to get in or out by car.

The hotel itself had been recently renovated, the decor was modern. However, the rooms were a different matter. My room had a new feel to it, with modern furniture and linens. However, the ceiling in the bedroom was covered in 10 sq ft of spackle!

The bathroom was the most disappointing. It was obvious that several places in the bathroom ceiling were falling apart, lots of spackle, paint, and rust. It looked like they were couldn't afford a real repair. Lastly, the soap tray in the shower is right at head-level. I turned around while showering and smacked my forehead right into it!

The good news is that the desk clerk was very sympathetic. She took my information regarding the incident and comped my parting for my stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Franklin M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear fmayse,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the bathroom. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto
Reviewed May 10, 2013

No smile on face while I was talking to the front desk clerk.....Because my Englisg is not very good.... This made me feel very unconfortable. But the room was very clean and quite. Location is good and the bus driver was nice too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Yueh Hsuan L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Yueh Hsuan L,

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk which was unacceptable. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Staff are friendly enough and accommodated us with a room on the first floor which was helpful. Room was clean. Ice machine was on the second floor so a bit of a trek from the room to go get some. I had to go outside in the parking lot to get cell phone service. No safe in the room that I could find. One room phone worked and one didn't when I tried to phone the front desk.

The bed mattress was really hard and the pillows were really small. We didn't sleep the whole night because of discomfort. Bottled water was $3.99..bring your own..lucky we did. I've had complimentary bottled water at other Holiday Inns. Perkins meal was good.

I guess it was just okay for one night but I have stayed in much nicer Holiday Inns with better comforts for Priority Club members. I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ellebelle44
Nozer D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear ElleBelle44,

Thank you for your feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Nozer Doctor
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Terrific hotel. They've remodeled - rooms are spotless and facilities were great. Close to restaurants and the pool was nice! We left our vehicle for the week. All was well upon our return.
We will definately be going back in the fall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda V
Nozer D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Lynda,

Thank you so much to take the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad that our hotel met your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back in the fall at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East.

Nozer Doctor