“nice clean room, reasonably priced, very good breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Ranked #84 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“nice clean room, reasonably priced, very good breakfast.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights at this Holiday Inn in December 2012 and found our experience there to be a nice and enjoyable one. The room was spacious and clean... and very importantly, the bath room too, and everything in the room worked (TV, WiFi etc). We picked this location because we were there for a conference which took place at the Convention Center, located just two blocks away from the hotel. The hotel staff was friendly enough. Concerning the breakfast at the Perkins Restaurant, on site at the hotel, we had read some bad reviews about that... in particular, one review pointed out that the hotel breakfast deal did not include coffee and omelettes. However, our stay there included both parking and breakfast, which did include coffee and a hot breakfast, including hash browns, eggs, ham or sausages, toasts, coffee and a small orange juice. Not bad at all. What stood out for us was the staff at this Perkins restaurant, they were very friendly... especially the nice waitress who served our table that weekend when we were there. All in all, a very pleasant stay... and the price was quite reasonable too, considering that parking was also included. My only negative comment is that when we were there, the swimming pool was closed due to renovation... I was looking forward to using the pool during my stay there, but was not made aware of the renovation till we got there. And yes, I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Dayton, OH
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The staff was accommodating when the reservation that my agent made for me at the "Holiday Inn on Dixon" was at the other Holiday Inn on Dixon three blocks away. I do not know why the same chain has locations so close, this makes no sense to me. They have a shuttle but it only runs to the airport every 40 minutes, which is not often enough for an airport hotel. The room was clean and well appointed and having two firmnesses of pillows of pillows was a nice touch. The planes overhead can be heard from the rooms, which will be rough for light sleepers. The Perkins is not terribly exciting but at least you know what to expect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have stayed here numerous times both on business (up to a week at a time) and for pleasure (instead of park-n-fly). I've always found the sleep to be restful considering the proximity to the airport. I expect this location to have a lot of traffic - yet it seems cleaner than average. I've stayed in the furthest rooms from the lobby, as well as the closest rooms to the lobby and usually have no problems with noises from the hallway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ern23
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is close to the airport and has many restaurants close by. The rooms are spacious but the air conditions are in bad shape. I had to change my room twice in one night because the AC wasn’t efficient. I stayed there in June 2011 and 2012. The rates are ok though as a member in priority club I expected special rate as I usually get from other holiday inn hotels in Canada, but here no special rate was offered. They charge for car park which is silly especially when you stay one week for example. You cannot but park in the yard in front of the hotel where they will charge you. The noise from passing by planes may be nuisance sometime.

Room Tip: choose a room not overlooking Dixon road
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OsamaDaoud
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a particularly experience during a recent one night stay at Holiday Inn, Airport, in Toronto. All staff displayed a customer-centred focus, especially the front desk/check-in staff. The front desk were courteous, competent and professional.

The front desk clerk, Julie and her colleague, were particularly helpful in finding information and accommodating my requests. My requests were for, what I categorize as minor items, were responded to, as if they were critical. I appreciated their attention to detail.

I would recommend the Holiday Inn Airport, Toronto.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Royston S
Playa Avellanas, Costa Rica
Reviewed November 16, 2012

having worked for HI,I can testify that the difference between properties is astounding...The HI at 970 dixon road is worlds apart from this one...The rooms are fine.clean.reasonably sized.the front desk are nice enough-but getting onto the internet? omg!! I call the front desk for a 'code' The code is so complicated it surpasses the enigma code..it won't work on my BB.I call back and ask for directions to the business centre so I can get online..20 minutes later,after getting lost,i find the place and my key wont work to get in.At this point I need a drink.I go to the restaurant and am told they dont sell vodka .just wine.Are you kidding me!? the restaurant service was slow.er than slow and the food worst than bad..The difference between this HI and the one at 970 Dixon Rd from being the same brand,was incredible.The staff are friendly enough,however when i called to pick up a top I know I had left here,they were unable to find that either.I am not a complainer as you will see from all my other reviews,but this hotel has some issues to sort out.My advice? stay at the Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Road instead

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank silkfunkybrit
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

While the rooms in the hotel are fine I was given a room where someone had been smoking despite it being a no smoking hotel. My best piece of advice is DO NOT pay for the option with breakfast. The breakfast is taken in the Perkins which is attached to the hotel. They will try to charge you again for the breakfast - I was told the breakfast voucher didn't cover coffee and omelette despite that being all that is on their breakfast menu. I am sure the serving staff pocket the money and put the charge against your pre-paid breakfast. I found it all very unnecessary and unsatisfactory.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David A
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Mr. David,

I would like to sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding. The server in the restaurant misunderstood that you had the value breakfast package that has limited options. You infact had the Breakfast package that enables you to eat whatever you like upto $20.00. I understand that there is no scope for errors in our industry and one incident such as this causes damage to the entire guest experience. I'm glad that we were able to rectify our mistake and refund the entire amount you paid in the restaurant. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you