Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsperkins restauranttoronto airportroom was cleanpark and flyfront desk staffan early flightwake up callwould stay here againshuttleitravel2000sakticubahallwayrenovationratesconveniencethermostat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have stayed here numerous times both on business (up to a week at a time) and for pleasure (instead of park-n-fly). I've always found the sleep to be restful considering the proximity to the airport. I expect this location to have a lot of traffic - yet it seems cleaner than average. I've stayed in the furthest rooms from the lobby, as well as the closest rooms to the lobby and usually have no problems with noises from the hallway.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ern23
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The hotel is close to the airport and has many restaurants close by. The rooms are spacious but the air conditions are in bad shape. I had to change my room twice in one night because the AC wasn’t efficient. I stayed there in June 2011 and 2012. The rates are ok though as a member in priority club I expected special rate as I usually get from other holiday inn hotels in Canada, but here no special rate was offered. They charge for car park which is silly especially when you stay one week for example. You cannot but park in the yard in front of the hotel where they will charge you. The noise from passing by planes may be nuisance sometime.

Room Tip: choose a room not overlooking Dixon road
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OsamaDaoud
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a particularly experience during a recent one night stay at Holiday Inn, Airport, in Toronto. All staff displayed a customer-centred focus, especially the front desk/check-in staff. The front desk were courteous, competent and professional.

The front desk clerk, Julie and her colleague, were particularly helpful in finding information and accommodating my requests. My requests were for, what I categorize as minor items, were responded to, as if they were critical. I appreciated their attention to detail.

I would recommend the Holiday Inn Airport, Toronto.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Royston S
Reviewed November 16, 2012

having worked for HI,I can testify that the difference between properties is astounding...The HI at 970 dixon road is worlds apart from this one...The rooms are fine.clean.reasonably sized.the front desk are nice enough-but getting onto the internet? omg!! I call the front desk for a 'code' The code is so complicated it surpasses the enigma code..it won't work on my BB.I call back and ask for directions to the business centre so I can get online..20 minutes later,after getting lost,i find the place and my key wont work to get in.At this point I need a drink.I go to the restaurant and am told they dont sell vodka .just wine.Are you kidding me!? the restaurant service was slow.er than slow and the food worst than bad..The difference between this HI and the one at 970 Dixon Rd from being the same brand,was incredible.The staff are friendly enough,however when i called to pick up a top I know I had left here,they were unable to find that either.I am not a complainer as you will see from all my other reviews,but this hotel has some issues to sort out.My advice? stay at the Holiday Inn at 970 Dixon Road instead

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank silkfunkybrit
Reviewed November 1, 2012

While the rooms in the hotel are fine I was given a room where someone had been smoking despite it being a no smoking hotel. My best piece of advice is DO NOT pay for the option with breakfast. The breakfast is taken in the Perkins which is attached to the hotel. They will try to charge you again for the breakfast - I was told the breakfast voucher didn't cover coffee and omelette despite that being all that is on their breakfast menu. I am sure the serving staff pocket the money and put the charge against your pre-paid breakfast. I found it all very unnecessary and unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Mr. David,

I would like to sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding. The server in the restaurant misunderstood that you had the value breakfast package that has limited options. You infact had the Breakfast package that enables you to eat whatever you like upto $20.00. I understand that there is no scope for errors in our industry and one incident such as this causes damage to the entire guest experience. I'm glad that we were able to rectify our mistake and refund the entire amount you paid in the restaurant. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you