“Pleasant overnight stay before our flight out the next day”

Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Ranked #90 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I along with our five month old twin girls recently spent a night at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, and left with a very positive impression. That said, here's what we took away from our experience:

first impression/arrival - It was a definite plus being able to drive up and unload our luggage right at the entrance door. The luggage trolleys provided were also very convenient given the mountain of suitcases/bags we had in tow. Very nice lobby making a good first impression.

Front desk staff - The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly, courteous and accommodating. Upon seeing our 5-month twin girls, he immediately asked us if we'd like a room on the main floor close to the lobby, which was an enormous convenience for us. After checking us in, he then made the extra effort to come out from behind the desk and assist us with our luggage down to our room. True hotel service that we don't often experience when we travel thanks to a great guy at the front desk who was both helpful and welcoming. Top marks here.

Location - Perfect for those looking for a place to stay before catching a flight out the next day. The free airport shuttle whisked us to the airport in the morning in about 10 minutes flat. Do keep this (obvious) fact in mind though: The hotel is located directly over the flight path of most planes coming in to land at the airport, so be prepared for a little plane noise as they buzz overhead with a fair degree of frequency. This shouldn't, however, affect you from getting a good night's sleep since Pearson Airport is quiet overnight. The hotel is also within proximity to a number of places to eat (including a Perkins which is on site) so overall, well situated in a number of ways.

Rooms - Clean, spacious and comfortable. We managed to fit both our twins' playpens in very easily and enjoyed a pleasant nights sleep to boot. As aforementioned, we were on the main level floor which made it super convenient for easy entry/exit to the hotel, especially with two 5-month olds!

Other stuff - There's a free shuttle that runs quite frequently for all those looking to get to the airport without the hassle of paying for a taxi.

Value - Fantastic value for a 3-star hotel located so close to the airport. We made our booking through Hotwire and got an amazing deal. Excellent value!

The Bottom Line - Very pleasant overnight stay en route to the airport the next day, and consistent with what you'd expect from the Holiday Inn. Overall, we left with a very positive experience to report and definitely worth recommending given its comfortable rooms, great location, great value and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: We'd recommend a main floor room for all those with a preference to have quick entry/exit to the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank globalwanderer2
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much to take the time to write such a detailed review of your experience with us. I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and deliver the exceptional service we thrive to provide to every guest. We recently underwent a complete renovation of the property and I'm glad you were able to experience this difference. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East. Thank you

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed last Saturday night and got a good rate using Hotwire. We had stayed here before when they were renovating and it was The Toronto Airport Hotel. We had a much better experience then!

We know when booking through Hotwire you are not guaranteed your room preference but this was the first time in 10 years that we have not got our preference. When we arrived arounf 7:30 pm there was another guest that was speaking with I think it was Tameka about a deposit she paid in cash but the amount was in dispute. The poor guest was almost in tears while the front desk agent was just smirking saying she would have to "look at the paper work". I felt bad for the guest.

When we got to the counter the other agent was asking another guest if he wanted one or two beds. He said two. When I asked for one bed they were miraculously not available. How odd when the man beside me was offered one and when I checked into my two bed room I looked up the hotel and sure enough you could book a king room.

While we enjoyed our stay the front desk experience was so poor it tainted the rest of our stay. Parking is $14 per night which is standard for airport hotels. The breakfast at the adjacent restaurant Perkins was fantastic. We were expecting unhealthy Denny's style foor but we got a reasonably priced healthy breakfast that was served promptly and in a clean environment.

The front desk experience was 1 star. The room size is good and I would rate the rooms at 2 1/2 stars. The only thing that made it not get 3 stars was that while recently renovated there was still peeling paint in the rooms dn on the bathroom door.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HITAE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Sir,

I thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, do apologize for not being able to provide your room preference. Like mentioned in your review room types are not guarenteed when you book through hotwire and are assigned when you check in. As a courtesy we ask every guest what bed type they would prefer, however there are times when your preference may be sold out. Let me assure you that we never hesitate to provide the room type you prefer if it is available. Unfortunately last Saturday I would like to confirm that we were infact sold out of our king rooms. Once again my apologies and we hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you at our newly renovated hotel.

Nozer

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel was really nice and worth every penny. After staying at a TERRIBLE Best Western last month for about the same price, I was so happy upon arrival here. The rooms are clean, the front desk staff is amazing, the food at Perkins is pretty good and the beds are VERY comfortable. The area isn't exactly hopping, but there is nice enough stuff close by within walking and driving distance. This hotel was so nice, I have decided I will now just stay at Holiday Inn's when I travel for business.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jackie G,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are delighted to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday October 13th. I checked in around 5pm which took about 20 minutes because the girl at the check in desk accidentally put me in a room with someone else was already staying and didn't know how to assign me another room. I was asked what type of room I would like and I specified a room with a King sized bed. She advised me she gave me a room with a King size bed but once I got to room 220 I saw there where 2 double beds. I called down to the front desk and was advised they could give me another room but already it took 20 minutes just to check me in I couldn't be bothered to switech rooms and have another 20 minute wait at the front desk.

The next morning I was woken up at 11am by loud sounds of music and beating drums coming from the hallway which really irritated me and I was told they where having church service in one of the banquet halls that was about 2 rooms from my room.

In my opinion church service should never be conducted in any area of a hotel that could disturb the guests.

1  Thank TreSean

Dear TreSean,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. Please do accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory check in experience with one of our new employees. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Nozer Doctor

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pros: Good for a short time stay (since about 30 minutes drive (if not rush hour) from downtown); clean both in the lobby and the room; convenient location (near the airport), basic needs inside the hotel room. Cons: Not showing parking fee ($14.00) upfront before reservation (I do not know why they charge it since the hotel parking seems not to be constantly monitored, nor in a confined area); a water bottle of $3.99 in the room at a 3-star hotel to lure the (possibly thirsty, but not prepared) customers? - this is either a joke or an insult; a coffer brewer in the room worked fine but not clean inside.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. You opinion is very important to us and I'm very thankful you pointed out certain areas where we could improve our guests experience. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the outside we thought.. 'oh no'. The exterior parking lot had an awkward entrance and lots of holes in the parking lot. It was also at the very end of the 'airport' hotels and in a 'dumpier' area.
Anyhow we had a swift checkin and got to our room.. Corridors are recently redone, as was our room. Comfy bed, but hopefully you like a soft bed (I prefer hard bed). All the beds at this hotel are ueber-soft. That would be my only complaint.
Rooms are clean, bright and enjoyable. It's not 5 star, but it's basic and well done.
We left our car there for a week without a problem. Got shuttle passes to get us to the airport and back. It went well.
Staff are friendly.
Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer refurbished rooms.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad you booked the Park, Stay ang Go package for your trip out of Toronto and enjoyed the convenience. We have just completed an entire renovation of the Exterior and Interior of our hotel including the resurfacing of the whole parking lot. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I booked the park and fly package which was an absolutely amazing deal! We dropped the car off was given shuttle passes, arrived quick and prompt to the airport. When we arrived back from our trip we took the shuttle back to stay one night in the hotel! We had a very late flight and it was 2 am I don't think we waited longer then 5 minutes for the shuttle to arrive which is AMAZING!

After spending a week in Cuba we were happy to be back! But the Hotel was absolutely Splendid! It was so clean, and the staff were happy and friendly! And the room we stayed in (king size business floor) was the nicest room and most comfortable bed I have ever slept it!

Our experience was so wonderful I had to write this review because I just went online and booked this hotel again before we depart on another trip at the end of the month! I don't think I will ever choose a different airport hotel again!

Thank you! And looking forward to visiting again in the next few weeks!

• Stayed: May 2012