“Standard Excellence”

Ranked #81 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Standard Excellence”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Recently stayed on a layover near the Toronto Airport at this hotel and was impressed with the professional manner I was dealt with. The room was incredible and again very professional. The room service was excellent and I found the "touches" in the room made the stay very pleasant. The shuttle service was standard from Pearson.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel is on the outskirts of Toronto in Mississauga but near major highways such as the 401. I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference nearby. Upon arrival, the hotel appears simple but it is very functional and clean. Check in was slow due to the front desk being short-staffed but staff is friendly and helpful. The room was clean and in good condition with a newer flat-screen tv and your choice of complimentary DSL or wireless Internet. You have to log-in everytime you open Internet Explorer. The hotel is minutes from the airport and located on the flight path of the most commonly used runway. With the windows closed, the outside noise of landing or departing aircraft is dampened very well. The room is soundproofed quite well with most noise coming from the hallway, under the door. The airconditioner was a bit noisy but kept the room at a constant, comfortable temperature. There was a coffee maker for morning brew. A mini fridge and microwave would have made the set-up near perfect.

If you are willing to explore on foot or by vehicle, large chain restaurants are minutes away. I even ventured downtown on the public transit system. You can get instructions and route information on-line from the TTC website. There is a Perkins restaurant connected to the hotel. Dinners were OK but I found the breakfasts to be very good and served quickly.

There is a pool, but I didn't have time to use it. I did not see a hot tub anywhere.

The hotel offers a shuttle service to the airport every half hour. This was very convenient.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again if needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear RoamingCanuck,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and for sharing your great review.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the majority of services and features of our hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon on your next trip to Toronto.
Thanks again for your recommendation,

Best,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Reserved two rooms. When we arrived in the late afternoon, we requested adjoining rooms. Two adjoining rooms were not yet ready for occupancy. We were given a rate reduction for one room as comp for the delay. I waited in the lobby for the next hour or so until the rooms were deemed ready. Upon opening the door to one of the rooms we were met with surprise from the guests already occupying that room. Not an impressive security protocol. We returned to the guest registration counter and patiently waited for another two rooms to become available. Upon arrival at the second set of rooms, we found that one room had no operable AC and had a room temperature of 78F/26C. The room temp remained hot for the remainder of our stay, but we opened the doors to the adjoining room to compensate. When asked about some accommodation for our inconvenience, the front desk clerk offered only free breakfast coupons for the attached Perkins restaurant. Of course free breakfast was already included with our purchased package, they just forgot to give us those coupons upon check-in. In the morning we received our express check out receipt under the door. The rate reduction previously noted upon check in was gone and we were charged $14 for parking. Did I mention that parking was supposed to be included in our original package too? Oh well, back to the front desk for some much needed waiting in line. We chose this hotel primarily based upon the reviews here reporting room cleanliness. I would rate cleanliness average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank deno p
Dear deno p,

Exceeding expectations of our guests is always something we are striving for and I am very concerned after reading your review.

Safety and security is among our highest priorities for our guests and colleagues at the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East. What you described is totally unacceptable and I would like to personally connect with you to apologize as we clearly failed in delivering an experience all of our guests come to expect. I would appreciate if you could send me a private message at steve.yates@whg.com with a phone number I can reach you at.

I look forward to connecting with you.

Best regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I travel weekly and I am easy to please. On my recent stay at the Holiday Inn near the airport in Toronto, I heard how the hotel manager, Ms. Lesianne Smith, dealt with a customer who had a small issue. She was more than accomodating, very understanding, a very good listerner, understood that the customer is always right (even when not) and much more. Your hotel is lucky to have such leadership!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Binyomin G
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Binyomin G,

Thank you for such a fantastic review! I agree with you, Lesianne is definitely a passionate leader who is committed to providing exceptional service for all of our guests.

We appreciate your business and look forward to having you staying with us in the near future!
Best,
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 2 years and have always had a pleasant stay. Check-in with Julie or Sakti is always smooth and they welcome me with a smile as soon as I walk into the lobby. The renovations turned out great and they have definitely enhanced my experiences here. The exceptional customer service is what sets this hotel apart from the rest in the area and it's what keeps me coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Fabian-OO7
Dear alex5891,

This is an amazing review and I am pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations while you stayed with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

washington township mi
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Intially pulling up the property looked old and I was kind of concerned. I was shocked to see that the lobby was nice and modern. I was able to leave my car parked there while I was away for a weekly rate of 50$ (56$ with tax). The room was also very modern. They have big screen tvs and comforable beds. Also a nice large work space. I really enjoyed my stay at the holiday inn. I did have one issue but that was the parents who allowed their young children to yell/scream/play/run up and down the hallways from 12am-2am. I ended calling the front desk and they said they would check it out. The children ended up stopping about 10-15 minutes after my call. Other than that I had a great stay. Its also great that they have a 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport.

Moncton
Reviewed June 7, 2012

From the front desk experience (Julie) quick + courteous ,nice clean rooms + great service + food in Perkins

Room Tip: stay on the ground level inside court rooms