“Flashback to the 70's”

Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Flashback to the 70's”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was attending a function at this hotel a few weeks ago. Service was good amenities were good, actually everything but the parking was very good (had to park far far away).
However as I was walking in the halls going from suite to suite I don't think they have upgraded or changed the wall paper since the 70"s. Don't let the old wall paper stop you from stay at this property because every thing else was pretty good!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Avalanche08
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and not letting the wall paper get in the way of your stay with us!! I'm glad that you found our services and amenities good as we work hard on that. Our team prides it self on being a about providing great service that our customers can not take home with them. We have very good amenities as you mentioned such as the full service dining room lounge indoor outdoor pool and good fitness facility to mention a few. We are always reinvesting back into the property and more to come by end of the year including many guest touch areas so I believe your next visit you will see a difference! Thanks for staying with us and hope to see your return soon!
DougGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Toronto Intertnational airport it was Excellent for service and quality rooms were spacious and very clean and comfortable.

Restaurant was excellent food was amazing... Service was Excellent

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank rmorisse
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks so much for your staying with us and providing us with your feedback on your stay! We work hard at The Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport to be a great hotel that guest love. Our team is passionate about our service culture and providing guests with great service that they can not take home with them but will always want to come back and get more of. We pride ourselves on providing a hotel that is spotlessly clean and well maintained and it seems that by your comments we are doing the right things. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future on your return to Toronto and the Pearson International Airport area!
Regards
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I booked a room thinking I was calling the Holiday Inn site. I phoned the number from Saskatoon to book a room in Toronto,no one told me this was not the Holiday Inn reservation line which is what I thought it was.The web site was headed Holiday Inn not book a room or expedia or booking.com.i booked a room in Toronto calling from Saskatoon and agreed to the price. My surprise came with my credit card statement and found the price was quoted in American dollars this added considerably to my cost due to the exchange rate. NOT HAPPY. I phoned to inquire and was told too bad it was a final sale which I had known but again calling from within Canada to book in Canada why would I think the quote was not in Canadian dollars.i am not pleased will never book this way again

Room Tip: Don't use this booking agent
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your feedback on your booking. I'm glad that everything from the hotel stay product and service you found to be good. Our team works hard to be at your service and provide a great hotel that guests love. As for booking online I myself at times find that I'm looking for something and somehow get off the official site and onto a third party booking window. IHG works very hard on our online presences and has lowest rate guarantee in place. I want you to be able to book directly with our brand and a little tip is to put in when searching Holiday Inn Official Website!
Toronto
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here with our 2 kids before we left for vacation to Cuba. This hotel had the best rate for overnight stay and 8 days of free parking. We arrived around check in time to have Kristen check us in. She was fabulous. Friendly and accommodating. What more can you ask for? As soon as we dropped the luggage off in the room, the kids were off to the pool. The hotel is old and it's seen some wear and tear but if you asked my kids, they'd tell you this was the best place on Earth.

We found great value for our stay, enjoyed the convenience of leaving our car for 8 nights (Park & Fly's cheapest self park rate was only $60.00 less than the cost of 8 days parking plus a room for the night), and the rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet.

That's all we need from an airport hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a brutal 6am flight like we did, book this, park your car and take the kids swimming the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 2hotheaded
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thanks very much for staying with us at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport and taking the time to share your feedback! I'm pleased that the kids found it as the best place on earth as we are a family hotel that cares about out little visitors and try to make there stay with us a special and memorable one which is important to us and the brand. We work had to have great hotels that guest love! We do believe our park and stay rates are very good deal and are competitive with the Airport area hotels and very convenient. Our hotel is slated for upgrades this coming summer 2014 with a focus on guest areas so that guests will notice that capital is being put back into the hotel!! We look forward in hosting you again on your travels where ever you might be going, travel safe!!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Last time I stayed at the hotel was during a snow storm in 1986 and nothing has changed at the exception of the flat screen TV.
Same wall paper in the corridors and bedroom. Same beige color everywhere.
I thought that Holiday Inns had changed...
Price is decent with breakfast included.
There are much better alternatives around the airport. Next time I'll stay at the new ALT.

Room Tip: High floor in the back of the building to avoid planes noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guillaumeleconqueran
I wanted to thank you for your feedback on our property and I'm glad that you found us reasonably priced hotel for the area! As for hotel upgrades we as you have mentioned continue to do work on our hotel through our capital projects and some of these areas are not guest touch areas but I can tell you that we did just finish a major upgrade to our lower lobby meeting space and fitness area and we are in the planing stages to do more work this summer with a focus on our guest areas including corridor carpet throughout the hotel, work to some guest rooms, a lobby refresh, and a dining room refresh so this work should catch your attention on your next visit! Cheers till we see your again..........DougGM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 15, 2014

You are lucky if your internet or elevators work. They seem to work sporadically. Oh but don't worry they have computers from the early 90's in their business center that you can use if you dont mind waiting about 5 minutes to run a simple yahoo.com page.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Priya D, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Traveler031679,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay wtih us. It's very unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay do to certain things not working well for you. This summer, we will be doing renovations on our property. We hope that you'll be able to stay with us again to see the great changes we'll be making. Thank you for your feedback, it is important so us.

Best Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed one night and had my expectations fullfilled, i would say it is a typical Holiday inn with good Wi-Fi and great breakfast. Airport shuttle service is good and front desk staff always available to help and guide. Only downside; no safe boxes in the room and cleaning staff not very kind.

Room Tip: Pick up high floors to avoid the nearby highway noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank corrysp
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I'm glad that you found our hotel to be a good and convenient hotel! Our hotel is conveniently located to the 400 series highway and very close to Toronto Pearson International Airport and our 24 hour complementary shuttle that runs every 20 minutes and our full service restaurant and lounge are just a couple of our great amenities while staying with us. I'm please that you enjoyed your breakfast in the dining room I will pass on your kind words to our culinary and service team. All of our staff at the hotel pride themselves on being friendly and delivering a great experience for each and every guest.
Thanks
DougGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 136 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#68 of 136 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!