“Lousy Parking”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #51 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Large lot but it is rented out to those leaving their car while flyin south. Great but they don't keep any spaces close to the hotel for regular guests. A freezing cold night, icy and a 300 yard walk to the lobby. Or pay them $18.00 for valet.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MM1851
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thanks for staying with us on your trip south! This has been a winter for the ages and we have seen our park and stay packages selling better than normal. It is difficult to hold spaces we do ask our park and stay to try and park in our back lot but it is always hard to police this. We continue to try our best to manage the lot and have adequate parking for all of our guests. Thanks again for staying with us and using our full service hotel.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed in this hotel one night in order to make a very early flight to Mexico. The rooms are well appointed, clean and have very comfortable beds. Our adult children who flew into Toronto joined us in the cozy restaurant for drinks and then a delicious dinner. I never eat in hotel restaurants but was delighted with our choice. If you want to go out to eat, the Keg, the Lone Star, Subway and a terrific Middle Eastern restaurant are within a five minute walk. Complementary shuttle service to the airport was well organized and delivered us to make our trip. A very pleasant place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Delightedtourist
Ada H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Delighted Tourist,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Toronto AIrport. We are really delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms, and you had a pleasant expereince in our restauarnt where you were able to enjoy a delicious meal with your family. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back. Warm Regards, Ada.H Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2014

we stayed at this hotel and we brought along our three year! Service desk was very nice! We went to our room it was really cold and then we decided to bring our son swimming when we arrived at the pool room it was unreal how cold in was in there and we get in the pool see if water was at least warm enough to swim it was freezing cold! My husband went to the service desk to see if they could come and look at why is it so cold! So we stayed there for 5 minutes we had to leave because it was unbearable! Later on about 4 hours later I went to check and it was the same freezing cold! Very disappointed that we could not enjoy a swim in this motel! We now all got a cold and sick not impressed! Will not be staying at this location again! And also the heat in the room was barely coming out of the vent!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear suzanne m
Thanks for giving us your feedback on the hotel and in particular the temperature! It has been a unusually cold winter for us in Toronto! All of our heaters are working extra hard to battle the fidget outdoor temperature we have been experiencing this year. The indoor pool area seems to be the one area that is always warm due to having a heated indoor pool that is kept at a comfortable 82 degrees. It may have seemed cooler due to the area being a glassed in atrium! I hope you do come back again in the summer when we do have our heated outdoor pool open as well!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have used this hotel on several overnights catching flights. I stayed December 30 and at 11 pm someone decided to test the sound system for the New Year's eve dance. It was horrible! When I phoned the front desk they did not sort it out (I thought I had a neighbor with a party). Finally I dressed and went to the front desk. They seemed to figure out the problem and immediately the noise stopped. When I complained in the morning the front desk person reduced my room charge by half. That action has kept me a customer.

Food is not great, and the dining room is not open when I need it before a very early flight or arriving late at night.

Price varies with the day. Best to try and work directly with the hotel if you can.

Room Tip: if you do not like your room then ask to go higher or somewhere else. there are some upgraded rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear sharon r
Thanks very much your giving us at the Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport your feedback and being a customer of ours. I'm glad that the team were able to get the noise stopped for you but little surprised it took two requests. We are always looking at way to ensure from a F&B prospective that we are able to service our guests needs we do offer kitchen service from 6:30am until 11pm in The Metropolitan our full service outlet. Our team is always trying to find ways to make our hotel better and are focused on having a great hotel that guest love!!
Cheers till next time you stay with us....

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My mother in law was booked with Caribbean Airlines and her flight was delayed and then canceled. My fiance and I received a call from her at 5 am (Jan 4th 2014) stating that she had been given a voucher and will be taken via shuttle bus to the Holiday Inn located at 970 Dixion Rd in Toronto. We immediately head down there to meet her. It was a very chaotic situation as there were many passengers being checked in. We had the pleasure of being helped by a gentleman named Clifton. He was very calm,resourceful,caring and humorous. Clifton went above and beyond to ensure my mother in law and two other elderly passengers were taken care of. It is refreshing to know that there are still individuals out there who have a heart and are willing to make the best of what had been a very long and aggravating situation. Thank you Clifton and Vince for helping us. It shows that both gentlemen have very strong family values and it showed in their mannerism.

We will definitely recommend family and friends to this hotel in the future. Holiday Inn you have done very well with hiring such fantastic people. We thank you sincerely.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank humble31
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Humble31
I want to thank you for sharing your story with us! We have been busy the last little while with helping and working with our airline partners in accommodating distressed passengers! This type of business is something that can not be predicted and at times causes it to put a strain on the operations. We are lucking to have a great team that try hard to make emotional connections with our guest and these times can be stressful for all the guest and the operations. I'm pleased that our night manager Clifton was able to make that emotional connection and will share this story with him! I'm glad that we were able to help your mother in law and make her stay a comfortable one with us! I love your title "A chaotic situation turned into a remarkable hotel stay!!" We do try hard to have great hotels that guest love!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Was on my way to St John's and my flight was cancelled. Westjet put me up here and while the room was nice enough, the hotel restaurant ruined my layover. Went for dinner in their Metropolitan Restaurant. A nice enough guy at the front had me sit down and i waited 15 minutes while my supposed waiter walked several times, ignoring me. i was alone so maybe he thought the tip wouldn't be worth his time. Too bad for him --- I'm a notorious BIG tipper kind of guy! Finally decided to leave and get room service where I got a basic burger. Basic.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan R

Dear DanoDR
Sorry to hear about your travel problems. We at the hotel have been working very hard with the airlines to help accommodate many distressed passengers since before Christmas. This always puts a strain on the operation as we at times do not know the who, how and timing of this type of business. Our team works hard to manage the services with out delays but it seems that in this case you had a delay in getting service. I'm glad that you were able to go to the room and enjoy a burger from room service. This is certainly a good reason that the airlines select us as we are a full service hotel and can help in these situations as they can be taxing on all! Once again we do apologize for the inconvenient you had and hope that you give us another chance on a regular visit!

Regard
Doug GM

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn (970 Dixon Rd-Toronto Airport). The hotel is an older property that appears to have had some recent renovations.

The hotel is close to Pearson Airport and to the Highway to get into Downtown Toronto.
Pros:
Close to airport
Close to highway and is easily accessible
Room is clean

Cons:
Older building that has had some recent renovations that does not appear to be fully completed
$16 for overnight parking because of proximity to airport. I guess hotel is concerned that guests will park long term to catch flights.
Parking lot is small relative to the size of hotel.

Would stay again, if price is good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bk19
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear bk19 (T.o.)
Thanks for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport and taking the time to share some of you comments on the property. We do feel that the hotel has a lot of good things going for it in terms of its location and being a full service hotel. We do continue to reinvest into the property and in 2014 we will continue to do more work on our guest areas to enhance the guest experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you would stay with us again and hope to see you back in the near future as we believe we have a great hotel that guests love!
GMYYZIA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!