“Exceeded expectations”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #51 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Great Holiday inn!
For what I paid for it on Hotwire, it was wonderful! The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, and the bar tender made me a cosmo that I will never forget!

The food was quite good. The only exception was breakfast when we had some roast beef that looked and tasted rotten. But everyone makes mistakes, and everything at the breakfast buffet was delicious!

I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank fankindagirl
HISelectTorontoARPT, E-Commerce Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!

Our housekeeping staff will be delighted to hear that you recognized their hard work .

We will also pass your compliments onto our maintenance staff, who worked tirelessly renovating all of our guest rooms last year.

Rest assured we will investigate the food quality of our breakfast buffet and make changes accordingly.

We'll be sure to congratulate our bartender on making such a great impression with their terrific cosmo.

Once again, thank you for writing such a wonderful review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2008

I was delayed at Pearson airport and needed to find a hotel close to the airport to make my morning flight. Contacted the hotel by phone to make my reservation and got at rate of of $169 CDN and then took the shuttle to the hotel. Once at the hotel I asked for a government discount which got the price down to $154 CDN. My room was spacious queen bed, very clean and wery well lit. I ordered room service which came promptly and was very delicious. I would not hesitate on staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
HISelectTorontoARPT, e-Commerce Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2008

We always appreciate hearing from our guests, and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We are very proud of our convenient location, especially because we are one of the few airport hotels located away from the flight path, providing our guests with a more comfortable and quieter stay.

We will certainly pass on your wonderful comments to our housekeeping, maintenance and room service staff.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times (Nov 07, Dec 07, and Jan 08) and have enjoyed my experience each time. I tip I would suggest is that I would join the Holiday Inn Rewards Program (Priority Club). Each time i have stayed, I have been upgraded to the Priority Executive Club Floor and have had a great view of the Toronto Airport across the street. Yes, this is a hotel airport, but you can not hear a single plane land or take off. Another great feature of this hotel, is the food. They have a Sushi chef in the bar (not your normal hotel bar, much better) and the sushi is some of the best of I have ever had! The only bad thing is the parking is $12 and if you get there after 5PM, it is hard to find a parking space.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HolidayInnYorkdale, E-Commerce/Room Analyst at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2008

Over the past year, we have been diligently working on upgrading our menu and renovating our restaurant, and we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the changes we've made.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your wonderful comments, and feedback about our parking lot will be shared with the entire Holiday Inn Select Toronto Airport Team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2008

This hotel is clean and the front desk staff very friendly and accomodating. We had a mixup because of our travel agent, and they fixed us up in a jiffy with a smile. Restaurant was a little dark and the service wasn't fantastic. There was a party going on in the room next to ours so I couldn't sleep until after 1:00 am, when we had to get up at 2:30 am for a red-eye flight out of the country. The shuttle service to the airport was a little slow, but you can rely on it. There was a loud-mouthed intoxicated blond real-estate agent in the lobby waiting for a pizza delivery at 3:00 am. It would have been nice if the staff could have ushered her up to her room, as she was harassing people leaving on their vacations. Also teenagers walking around with beer bottles going for cigarettes out front, which I found odd at that time. Not really a "family" place to stay, especially if you are embarking on a family vacation away.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select Toronto Intl. during an overnight layover at Pearson Intl. on Feb 29/08.

Shuttle:
The shuttle goes by T1 every 20 min or so at stand S5. Large bus, not a dinky van. Friendly drivers.

Check-in:
Checking in was very fast and efficient. I was expecting problems since the reservation was in my girlfriend's name and with her credit card and her flight was cancelled and she was only rebooked for the morning, however there were no problems at all. The room was already paid for so they just took my signature for it.

Room:
I was on the 8th floor, right by the elevator. The room was very clean, very nice and well furnished. I was only there for a quick sleep so I didn't visit the pool or even turned on the TV.

Bathroom:
Again, very clean and well stocked, the shower had plenty of hot water and temperature was steady.

Food:
Had the buffet downstairs for breakfast. Great service from the wait staff. Food was alright, it was buffet so it's not expected to be fantastic. Very expensive, $23 for breakfast buffet, which they bill to your room.

Check-out:
Very quick, friendly and efficient. Paid for incidentals, got a receipt and was done.

Shuttle:
Quick shuttle, was at the hotel and got on right away. Dropped me off on the Departures Level right by my check-in aisle.

Overall:
Highly recommended. A+

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I needed to stop over in Toronto twice for one night and chose the Holiday Inn for that. The hotel itself is standard business with spacious rooms and free wireless internet and an adapter for people that needs a wired connection). The facilities are well taken care off and everything just works.
However, my excellent rating stems from the staff at the front desk. They are really friendly and try everything to make it right. Also the free coffee and the airport shuttle bus were nice touches. All in all, even though this hotel is a business hotel, for this purpose they do everything right.
Another small tip ... if you are there in the evening, try the steakhouse opposite (sorry forgot the name), it's great. All in all, excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank hinmi
Reviewed September 11, 2007

If you're someone who is leery of Holiday Inns, have no fears about this one. This Quality Excellence Award winning hotel deserves its award.

Yes, the decor is a tad outdated, but everything else is great. The beds have upgraded bedding and even a pillow menu with four different pillow options. The alarm clocks are new and include MP3 jacks, and the TVs are flat screen--and in some rooms, flat panel.

Considering the convenient location and good rates, I'd definitely stay at this Select again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank vlomert853
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Westin Toronto Airport
#65 of 137 in Toronto
Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!