“Served Its Purpose Perfectly”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #51 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Niagara
“Served Its Purpose Perfectly”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I had an early morning flight out of Toronto on Jan.2 and needed a room and extended parking so I booked this hotel. We got exactly what we expected from Holiday Inn: a comfortable room, a good meal , on time shuttles at both ends of our vacation and extended parking on site , all at what I felt was a very reasonable price. We would certainly plan our departure this way again if the need arose.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Toronto
Reviewed January 9, 2013

1 night stay in 1137 last night, booked directly via their web site. Basic hotel....but the basics all worked. Large room. Internet included. Buffet breakfast was good, including tasty coffee. All hotel staff were cheerful and helpful and efficient. The young shuttle bus driver went out of his way to help people with their luggage. Kudos to the staff.

Room Tip: 1137 overlooks highway and runways....so a bit noisy, as to be expected from an airport hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I live about 15 minutes away from this hotel and stayed here just to get out of the house for New Years with a few friends. 2 of them were sick so we decided to just keep New Years Eve simple and have a little party in one of our rooms. We booked three in total, mine was a King room and was very nice. The bed and pillows were a dream to sleep on. Everything was really clean and well maintained. The only real issues I had were the walls seeming to be a little thin, but it might have just been because it was New Years Eve and there was more noise and later into the night than usual. The other thing I thought was a little weird was that our King room didn't have a mini fridge, but our friends who had booked Two Doubles for the exact same price did have one. I would think for the same price you should be getting the same things in your room with the exception of the bed. But it wasn't too big of a deal for us.

The pool is great.. huge, clean, and a good temperature.

The highlight of our night was when this guy burst into our room around 11:30 wrapped in the bed sheets like a toga, towel on the head, pink lipstick, and using the ice bucked as a cup for his rum lol. We had left the latch across our door so we could go freely back and forth as we needed to from our rooms and he decided this was an open invitation to come in lol. We found out that he was a flight attendent staying in the room next to ours with some of his crew and they had decided to make the best out of having to work the holiday and go absolutely nuts. He was a riot and made our night. We never did figure out if he was just drunk or always acted like that lol.

Over all it was a nice stay, we're not picky people so for us it was a geat hotel and I would definitely return. We didn't get the most enthusiastic girl at check-in but I wouldn't call her rude. One of our friends said the guy they got was rude, but I really don't care as long as I get the room I paid for without any problems.. I noticed quite a few posts of people talking about this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HITorontoAirport, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear BTownMiss,
Happy New Year! Happy to hear you decided to ring in the New Year with us. It sounds like you had an eventful evening filled with good fun. I am sorry to hear that your check in experience was not up to our standard. We have shared your comments with our Guest Services Department to ensure that our guests are being serviced to the highest expectations. We look foward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good location for overnight travellers. Lobby looks great and the food in the restaurant was pretty good too. Stayed 2 different nights over the course of 10 days. Hit and miss with the staff. First time was very good, second time was awful. Rooms need to be updated, including the bathrooms. I won't be staying here again as there is no shortage of cleaner, well appointed rooms nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Geenoooca
Dear Geenoooca,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you liked our lobby and the food in our restaurant. We are sorry that your stay fell short of your expectation. We have shared your review with our management team. We wish you all the best and would be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Recent one stay business trip. Booked through the website, very handy best price guarantee. Parking was included in the rate which was nice, many other hotels offer an attractive low rate, but then soak you with 20-40 per night of parking for the rental car. They also included a buffet breakfast. My room was standard, comfortable and quiet. Very surprised to see an antique television instead of a flatscreen.

The real issue was with room service, it was 830 pm and the phone would ring and ring and not be picked up. I tried several times. I called the front desk and asked. They said they would have them call. After another 10 minutes, I gave up and ordered delivery online from a local Swiss Chalet. When they finally called me another 5 minutes later, I told them to forget it. The only reason I would consider staying there again would be another very low rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Vancouverconsultant,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am delighted that you find our rooms comfortable and quiet. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience our room service may have caused during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trust that we will address the issues and assure you that proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights. Check-in staff was quite rude and uninterested, rooms and common areas (elevators, hallways) are old and rundown, heating in rooms is horrible (old style unit by window that makes lots of noise and doesn't keep temperature constant -- too hot or too cold). My room faced the airport and highway, so there was lots of noise.

I do like the fact that they have 24-hr airport shuttle service running every 20mins, even though the shuttles are quite old.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the airport and expressway.
Ontario
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Several stays at this location. Executive room on 10th floor was quiet, clean and comfortable. Check-in was prompt and friendly. Breakfast buffet is very good, well presented and good variety and efficient servers. Special kudos to Javed and Deepika for recognizing returning guests and their friendly helpful assistance. The hotel itself, is comfortable but starting to look somewhat "dated". Otherwise, everything went well and I will definitely stay again on next visit. Location to major highways is very good for vehicle travel. easy walk to several restaurants as well.

Room Tip: Recommend executive rooms. All rooms i have used have been clean and quiet despite proximity to air...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#61 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#68 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!