“Apt location”

Ranked #56 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Apt location”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Its a good hotel. Clean, free internet. Did not try the restaurants though. What I liked about it is the location. You could just hop out and you get loads of restaurants, easy to commute to downtown and basically walk around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita L
HITorontoAirport, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Wonderlusttrokker, Happy to hear your found our location convenient to airport and restaurants, but a away from the noisy flight path. Thanks for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently stayed a few nights at this hotel and I need to say the Restaurant inside the Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport is TOPS! The food was amazing! The service fantastic. It is not often you find a hotel with such a top notch restaurant and being close to the airport was another plus for this property. Kudos to the Chef!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our restaurant food and service. Happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience. Hope to have the pleasure to serve you again.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Holiday Inn properties, in my experience, run the gamut from concrete toilet to great find, and this one falls into the latter category.

This was a Hotwire booking so I had my "prepare for the worst" radar on high alert, but really had absolutely nothing to complain about!

Right from checkin, which was busy as this hotel serves busloads of airport overnighters, I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency and genuine friendliness of the staff. Extra care was taken to find us rooms together, and we were offered a fantastic 'breakfast and parking' bundle that proved to be terrific.

The rooms were quite modern, clean, and bedding was comfortable. One room, the King, had a pretty tight bathroom, and the televisions were salvaged from a museum, but this is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

The pool area was a great plus; big, deep water, clean and well maintained. One of our family favorites over our two day stay was the breakfast buffet; everything fresh, great service by the busy restaurant staff, and a great way to start the day.

Even the parking attendants were friendly and courteous. I have stayed at five star properties with indifferent, bored, or aloof staff, this was a 3-star property with absolutely terrific personnel, and for any property managers reading, if your front line people are genuine and friendly it truly makes the whole experience.

Special kudos to housekeeping who, at 2AM both dealt with a noisy party immediately and conclusively, and helped out with a sick-kid mess (no details required, trust me it was messy) again in a friendly and courteous manner.

No hesitation in ecommending this property as a great base of operations for a Toronto stay! Quick highway access, frequent airport shuttle, good business services, this hotel has everything for just about everybody.

Room Tip: The double room was HUGE comparted to the King.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hi AlejandroNorte, We appreciate your review and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always like to pleasantly surprise our guests with our genuine serice. Thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Beds and pillows were comfortable, room was clean. The bad things: they charge $12 per day for parking, and their "room service" is serviced by nearby Perkins, which is lacking any good food options like most Holiday Inns do in US.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
This review is meant for the Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East which is located at 600 Dixon Road and has a Perkins Restaurant. We are Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport located at 970 Dixon Road and have the Metropolitan Restaurant and Lounge. We would happy to have you as our guest during your next trip.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for the Fifth Avenue Collection conference and had great service.

• Stayed June 2012
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you and the Fifth Avenue group back to the hotel.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was there 3 nights for a conference. Definitely not the best luxurious...but kind of fair. Good check in experience but my lord, the restaurant was awful...to be avoided entirely. Walk next door to Westin for food, or a Subway sandwich shop around the corner. An $18 thin crust small pizza for one was not edible. so was my budy's food, and worse was the service. We waited so long for our check that were about to walk out. On the way out we stopped at the cashier and paid our bill, still no sign of waitress

Hotel is not too bad for a stop-over. their bus service to airport is good, and the room was reasonably clean. I wish they could stop the drumming and jungle music on the floor above me way past midnight, but there was no answer from the from desk for my complaint. I felt sorry for the air crew who were staying here and had to go to fly next day!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hi Michael S. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience in our restaurant. The service you described is certainly not our standard. It sounds like you did not have a restful night either and I am truly sorry to hear that. I will be following up with our management team on both accounts. I am glad to hear that there were also positive aspects to your stay. We appreciate your feedback and we would welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My flight to Montreal was cancelled and West Jet put me up at this hotel. I was pleased to find myself in a hotel I'd go back to if need be. The room was bright, clean, comfortable and had all the conveniences I needed: easy wifi, coffee, iron etc. Customer service was excellent. The West Jet crews were also staying there which made me feel still "in the loop" somehow and the free shuttle to the airport in the morning was easy. I'd go back to this hotel. (P.S. Forget the restaurant! Very expensive for poor quality... I'd have gone somewhere else if I'd known.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear wowthanku, we would like to thank YOU for your positive feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. Nobody likes for their flight to be cancelled, but I am happy we had the opportunity to have you as our guest. Stay well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#51 of 132 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 132 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!