“Very Clean and Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #56 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Very Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed here a night before an early flight out of Pearson due to its very close proximity to the airport. The shuttle fetched me from the terminal and the front desk clerk told me that the shuttle actually runs 24 hours which is quite convenient. The check-in was very fast and the front desk person ever so friendly--a large smile and such a warm personality.

The room-- standard hotel size with a king size bed and bathroom. The room was spotless and a nice little surprise was the heated bathroom floor. Unfortunately I could not raise the temperature higher for the floor but it was still a nice touch when getting out of the shower. Towels, sheets and furniture were in excellent condition and the wireless worked great as well.

Though I could hear the planes in the distance landing (it is practically next door to the airport) the noise was minimal and not at all intrusive. Sleeping was no issue at all.

Would I stay again--- absolutely!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed at this property for business on a couple of occasions over the last couple of years.

The hotel was your average hotel, nothing unexpected from any other hoilday inn. Great proximity to the airport with free shuttle service. The service at this property was great, they looked after our every need. A great place if your looking to host a business meeting not the best place if your looking to see the sights.

• Stayed February 2011
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Impressive when you walk in, the lobby itself is a work of art. We got there a little early on the Friday but the accessible room we had requested was ready. They also gave us a late checkout for Sunday... very helpful. Thank you! Massively hard to open and hold open the small door(opening is not very wide for a handicap access room); good thing I was there to get the door every time for my bride because she could not get it open either way. Please put an automatic opener on the door or remove the door closer. Room is airy, well appointed, comfortable. Clear TV picture however it is older and takes up a lot of room with the wall unit. Many lights but still dim because of the ubiquitous CFLs. I'm sure it was an oversight: room window had not been cleaned properly and was smeared with "something", little glass bathroom shelf had some sticky stuff on top which we noticed when we picked up our toothbrushes from it. The 2 coffee mugs, even though covered by a thick paper "lid", had a "coffee ring" inside near the bottom. I showed one of the staff and he replied "The ladies will do that for you" but no one ever came. I washed the mugs so we could use them. To our disappointment, the glass shelf and the window had not been done the next day. No, we didn't mention it because we shouldn't have to. We are sure it was just an oversight again because if you don't open the curtains, you won't notice the window smears and if you don't move the toiletries tray you won't notice the sticky stuff! I ended up cleaning the sticky stuff but did not bother with the window. Of course, we washed the mugs every time we used them! By the way, don't bother with the coffee they leave in the room-it sucks. There is delicious coffee available to guests before 08h45am in the main lobby. One more gripe and I'm done with the negative: the chlorine smell is so strong we couldn't stay in the pool room for more than 5 minutes without tearing up and getting sore throats from the harshness. Please Holiday Inn, get with it and go to saltwater facilities or DRASTICALLY reduce the concentration of chlorine. Not sure bathing suits would keep their colour! When you read the ratings you'll now understand why some are low. Exercise room is very clean, up to date equipment is in good shape. There are 2 or 3 televisions so watching(reading captions) the news was great while I walked my morning 5 miles. Almost no waiting for elevators... ever!! Restaurant was ok but $2.00 for a coffee and no refills, come on! Special note: staff are extremely polite, smile often and always want to help. Desk staff, even though overwhelmed a few times never let it show!!! They took care of every client as if they were the only person in the world at that time. Kudos! Totally quiet inside the hotel; you'd never know you're near an airport.

Room Tip: King sized beds are great, especially if that's not what you have at home! Even though our wheel...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ta10p
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions - the first time was a few years ago, and most recently, for 2 nights in November. In between, I've stayed at some of the other hotels in the area, and I feel confident telling you that this hotel ranks #1 in terms of value, service, location, and amenities compared with other area hotels. The online price for the basic room was $160 - I would never pay full price when good ol' Hotwire sells it for so much less, but for the discount I got, I thought it was good value.

Service - check in was fast. They offered free coffee in the morning and a free newspaper. There is a computer room to check your email/internet. I'm not sure about WiFi. For a single woman travelling alone, the hotel and area felt safe.
Room - basic, with comfy beds, Bath&Body Works amenities, and your choice of "soft" or "hard" pillows. I did not hear jet noise like I did when I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Airport.
Fitness - They have a very nice gym here. Several ellipticals, treadmills. I didn't use the pool, but it was practically empty and it looked nice.
Restaurant - I ate dinner in the main restaurant and I enjoyed it - it was better than I thought it would be for hotel food, even though the cappucino machine was broken. I also found it reasonably priced (for the area).
Location - Close to the airport, across the street from The Keg, and within walking distance to Subway, Caseys, a Shwarma place, and a few others. There is a Boston Pizza/Canyon Creek and a few others about a 10 minute walk away if you are ambitious.

This hotel is what it is, a "stay and fly" hotel, but in this category, it's the best of the bunch.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank canehdiangrl
Yorkton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

we arrived here on friday nov25,amber was on front desk,was wonderful to us.Suggest changing our current reservation to better rate that included breakfast and parking.She was so nice and friendly with us,welcomed us to toronto.Thank you Amber

Just one thing that could good with major improvement,folks that serve the bar could only smile and be friendly would make this very nice pub to have a night cap in.same goes for the restaurant they were not at all friendly when we ate there on saturday morning.Because of this next time I would not use this place to eat or have a drink.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is great. Leave you car and fly!
Just wish they made some cosmetic renovations. The rooms on the exectuvive level are a bit dated.

Room Tip: Make sure you book you parking with the room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

The airport shuttle is very undersized for a moderate sized hotel. A large group arrived at the same time, and the Hotel refused to use its second shuttle. The less busy Hilton, Marriot's etc. all had larger shuttles.

On arrival, check in was slow. They mixed rooms up. The shower head was plastic, and provided inadequate pressure to keep me warm. Despite a recent "sign" upgrade, and change to Holiday Inn, this hotel has no attempts at room upgrades. A solid step down from a recent Day Inn and Super 8 I had stayed at.

The Worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. I would recommend any other area hotels, there are lots, for adequate water pressure, adequate shuttle size, and maybe, just maybe, a little conditioner, or at least shampoo-conditioner in the room.

Room Tip: They mixed up room assignments. They then suggested I could obtain a room "as booked" by...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank SaskatoonResident
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#51 of 132 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 132 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!