“Convienent to Airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Washington
“Convienent to Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for two nights after a long flight from Europe. This hotel is right off the airport, is very clean and fairly modernized. The main compliant I have with this hotel is that they charge for every little thing. Breakfast was a whopping 22 CAD per person for what most hotels give for free. Restaurant service was appallingly slow and inefficient. Parking was another whopping 15 CAD per day which is almost what you'd pay at the actual airport. The beds were clean and nice with lots of pillows (yeah). Bathrooms were tiny which seems to be a running trend in newer hotels, I hate to complain but I should be able to sit on the toilet and close the door.

Pros:
Close to airport
Free shuttle to airport
Clean and Modern

Cons:
Overpriced "amenities"
Bad restaurant service

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

There are many airport hotels that people use for business. The internet was down. For the whole hotel. Need I say any more?

This is a tired beaten property that needs a facelift.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 205

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Winnipeg, MB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had a cancelled flight and grabbed a room here for the night. I was very hungry, tired and irritable. When I got there everything was very clean and the staff got me in at a good rate right away.

The room I had was very nice and had a very comfortable king bed. I had a very good burger and a beer in the lounge. I was helped out right away and the bartender squeaked my order in right in time where he could have just as easily not accepted it as I was right at or a few min. over the cut-off for the kitchen.

I had a very comfortable sleep and was up early and grabbed the complimentary shuttle back to the airport in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Beds suck! My back has never been so sore.

There is a huge pool, great breakfast buffet, it's quite, and has nice rooms.

The computers are full of viruses and malware. Glad I had my iPad with their free wifi but it doesn't allow you to watch videos.

• Stayed September 2011
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here prior to flying out on an early morning flight, and was pleased with mostly everything. The price was right at $87/night, and we enjoyed the outdoor pool as it was a warm day. The hotel also offered an indoor pool as well as an exercise room. The check-in was flawless, the King room was on the Executive floor, but I didn't really grasp what was so different from the regular rooms?!? I have stayed here before, and other than a bottle of water given to you, the decor of the room was pretty much the same. It did seem that the room was a little tired, and probably needing a refurbish in the near future. Other than that, it was clean, comfortable and dead quite, even though the hotel was busy. The restaurant was also very good and offered a wide selection. I will stay here again, the staff were very good and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hobie_17
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel is a bit dated and could use some repair and updating. Additionally, there is a cheap hotel scent in the hallways (cheap deodorizer and old carpets). For context, we stayed on the priority club/executive floor (10th) and visited the 11th floor as well.

On the up side, the staff was pleasant, our room was clean, and the restaurant was adequate, if overpriced.

• Stayed September 2011
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

We usually try to avoid Holiday Inn chain, but we were with the International Airshow, and that is where they accommodated us. We tried to book into another hotel first, but were not able to do so, due to mandatory morning briefings and the requirement to stay with the team in the same property. The beds were extremely comfortable. The service was impeccable. The breakfast was surprisingly delightful. No complaints there. As a matter of fact, it was delicious, again, their service: outstanding. All in all. This hotel exceeded my expectations in term of customer service. Bad thing: we were moved from one room next to the elevator to another in immediate elevator vicinity. But..we got used to it to the sounds of the never resting elevator, lol. I guess. Oh , and I could have done without the chain-smoking valet guy, who gave me a rather unwelcoming introduction to the property by yelling:'close your car door', lol, but ..hey , that 's minor stuff, it all got better from there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the hwy and airport and AWAY from the elevator, it is very loud