“Don't Stay Here”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #51 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 14, 2011

There are many airport hotels that people use for business. The internet was down. For the whole hotel. Need I say any more?

This is a tired beaten property that needs a facelift.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 205
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had a cancelled flight and grabbed a room here for the night. I was very hungry, tired and irritable. When I got there everything was very clean and the staff got me in at a good rate right away.

The room I had was very nice and had a very comfortable king bed. I had a very good burger and a beer in the lounge. I was helped out right away and the bartender squeaked my order in right in time where he could have just as easily not accepted it as I was right at or a few min. over the cut-off for the kitchen.

I had a very comfortable sleep and was up early and grabbed the complimentary shuttle back to the airport in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Beds suck! My back has never been so sore.

There is a huge pool, great breakfast buffet, it's quite, and has nice rooms.

The computers are full of viruses and malware. Glad I had my iPad with their free wifi but it doesn't allow you to watch videos.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Stayed here prior to flying out on an early morning flight, and was pleased with mostly everything. The price was right at $87/night, and we enjoyed the outdoor pool as it was a warm day. The hotel also offered an indoor pool as well as an exercise room. The check-in was flawless, the King room was on the Executive floor, but I didn't really grasp what was so different from the regular rooms?!? I have stayed here before, and other than a bottle of water given to you, the decor of the room was pretty much the same. It did seem that the room was a little tired, and probably needing a refurbish in the near future. Other than that, it was clean, comfortable and dead quite, even though the hotel was busy. The restaurant was also very good and offered a wide selection. I will stay here again, the staff were very good and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hobie_17
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel is a bit dated and could use some repair and updating. Additionally, there is a cheap hotel scent in the hallways (cheap deodorizer and old carpets). For context, we stayed on the priority club/executive floor (10th) and visited the 11th floor as well.

On the up side, the staff was pleasant, our room was clean, and the restaurant was adequate, if overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We usually try to avoid Holiday Inn chain, but we were with the International Airshow, and that is where they accommodated us. We tried to book into another hotel first, but were not able to do so, due to mandatory morning briefings and the requirement to stay with the team in the same property. The beds were extremely comfortable. The service was impeccable. The breakfast was surprisingly delightful. No complaints there. As a matter of fact, it was delicious, again, their service: outstanding. All in all. This hotel exceeded my expectations in term of customer service. Bad thing: we were moved from one room next to the elevator to another in immediate elevator vicinity. But..we got used to it to the sounds of the never resting elevator, lol. I guess. Oh , and I could have done without the chain-smoking valet guy, who gave me a rather unwelcoming introduction to the property by yelling:'close your car door', lol, but ..hey , that 's minor stuff, it all got better from there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the hwy and airport and AWAY from the elevator, it is very loud
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sistatravelista
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I did an overnight stop from London to Toronto to break our trip to Nassau in the Bahamas.The staff were very welcoming and the room very nice and clean.It has a super pool which you can see on your arrival in the reception.It also has a nice bar in which we met some friendly locals.As we were tired we ordered room service.My Husbands meal was good but mine was not really very nice - maybe I ordered the wrong dish.There is a convenient shuttle bus to the airport which is free and quick to the airport.Certainly would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#66 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#73 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!