“Did not want it, did not book it, but... what a pleasant surprise!”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #50 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Did not want it, did not book it, but... what a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We usually try to avoid Holiday Inn chain, but we were with the International Airshow, and that is where they accommodated us. We tried to book into another hotel first, but were not able to do so, due to mandatory morning briefings and the requirement to stay with the team in the same property. The beds were extremely comfortable. The service was impeccable. The breakfast was surprisingly delightful. No complaints there. As a matter of fact, it was delicious, again, their service: outstanding. All in all. This hotel exceeded my expectations in term of customer service. Bad thing: we were moved from one room next to the elevator to another in immediate elevator vicinity. But..we got used to it to the sounds of the never resting elevator, lol. I guess. Oh , and I could have done without the chain-smoking valet guy, who gave me a rather unwelcoming introduction to the property by yelling:'close your car door', lol, but ..hey , that 's minor stuff, it all got better from there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the hwy and airport and AWAY from the elevator, it is very loud
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sistatravelista

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Douglas IOM
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I did an overnight stop from London to Toronto to break our trip to Nassau in the Bahamas.The staff were very welcoming and the room very nice and clean.It has a super pool which you can see on your arrival in the reception.It also has a nice bar in which we met some friendly locals.As we were tired we ordered room service.My Husbands meal was good but mine was not really very nice - maybe I ordered the wrong dish.There is a convenient shuttle bus to the airport which is free and quick to the airport.Certainly would stay there again

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My sister and I had driven from Windsor after a family event. We were very tired. All we wanted was a quiet evening and a good night's sleep. This hotel gave us both.
I had stayed here 4 times before when flying from Toronto. Their " Park and Fly" deal is the best ! I couldn't take advantage of it this time because I was only parking overnight but the room rate was just fine.I have recommended this hotel and the "Park and Fly" option to 3 friends who have also been very happy with this hotel and the parking deal .
The shuttle bus picked us up in the morning, took us to the airport and returned me to the hotel after my sister and had said our good byes. Everything was done efficiently and on time. The Staff I dealt with on the phone and at the front desk were friendly and helpful.
I can't imagine that I would stay anywhere else on the 'airport strip ".

Room Tip: Join their "priority club" to get the most choice rooms and points.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Montreal
Reviewed August 15, 2011

hi, got there at midnight, there were no a/c in the room, it was 40 degrees, and they give me an handicapped room with no a/c also, I didn't sleep, and I will never go back there, very very bad place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RikHD
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights while attending our sons basketball tournament at Humber College. We opted for the non-refundable advance booking to save big on an executive king room. The rate included parking, breakfast and local calls. The buffet breakfast was great, restaurant staff a real pleasure. Before we rented a car the helpful front desk staff radioed a taxi who was waiting right outside. We paid $22 for our trip to Humber campus and $16 for the return trip.... hhmmm. So we rented a car and learned the taxi took an unnecessarily long route to Humber. Not a lot of $ to be sure but I hate being ripped off!! The cab driver gave us his card so we could pay his inflated rate every day, there and back, for a week... if I hadn't tossed that card I would name him and the cab company here.

We found the room small for a 'Executive King' room. I would not have been happy if we had paid full price. With the car rental we saved $15 a day on parking and we saved $40 a day on breakfast, (it was a really good breakfast). All the staff we very very nice. Airport shuttle and lots of near by car rentals to choose from.
The friendly and professional staff make a huge difference to us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is very near the airport and as such lacks easy access to downtown. However, there are still lots of restaurants within a 5 minute walk. The hotel restaurant was very good too and had a good atmosphere in the evening to get a drink after work. No real shopping/entertainment closeby but that's probably not why you would stay here. The hotel also has 2 pools, a good exercise room and a convenience store right in the building that even carries some healthy snacks. Beds were very nice and a good selection of pillows. A big plus was that I hardly heard any noise from the halls. I really liked the business centre - I never had to wait for a computer and the internet was fast. It's a bit expensive but the hotel and rooms are kept up well - which for some reason I find to be an exception among airport hotels. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed one night on our way to our vacation. Check-in was prompt and the staff were very helpful. When we told them we were using the Park n Fly, they beat the Park n Fly rate by 15%. The airport shuttle made it very convenient to catch our flight the next morning.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Very little noise despite being so close to the airport. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Westin Toronto Airport
#64 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#69 of 137 in Toronto
Etobicoke
Quality Suites Toronto Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!