“Really worth it”

Tour Guys
Ranked #15 of 171 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FREE walking tours are what we're known best for, but we offer private tour guides, group tours, school field trips and more. Our tours cover what's cool, interesting, and exciting about Toronto, from graffiti to ghosts, and the best places to eat, shop, and play.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 25, 2018

The tour was very interesting and enjoyable. We could understand a bit of the history of the town and some "hiden" places we would never find out or know stories about the spot without a guide. And our guide Julian was wonderful!
I would definetely recomend this citytour with Tour Guys, it worth it!

Date of experience: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)
All reviews
"destruction"
"politics"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed February 23, 2018

As someone born and raised in Toronto (I learned on this tour I'm a rarity), taking a walking tour of my city is not something I would normally think of doing. I had to do this for an assignment, but ended up quite enjoying the tour and learned quite a few things I did not know.

I took the free "Old Toronto" history walking tour with Julian as our guide, and would highly recommend it to any native Torontonian looking to kill an hour or two on a weekend afternoon. You'll learn some interesting facts about your city and perhaps see certain neighbourhoods a little differently.

Dress for the weather as the majority of this tour in particular is outdoors.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Took the Old Town tour with a man named Julian and he was a wonderful guide! The tour lasted a little longer than stated on the website but it was well worth it. Very entertaining and provided a unique perspective on the history of Toronto. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

I have taken three of their tours multiple times. I take one or two each summer and just took a friend this winter. I learn something new every time.

Date of experience: January 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Julien (I'm sure I saw it spelled with an E...) was a hilariously wonderful tour guide, really knowledgeable! Winterpeg shoutout! It snowed the whole day, but only made the tour more fitting for the true Canadian experience. I learned so much even as someone who was born and raised here- everyone should go on these tours. Highly recommended. Also the peameal bacon sandwich suggestion from St. Lawrence Market....... YAAAAAS. Miss it already.

1  Thank Melissa W