“Ghost tour left me wanting more”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Tour Guys

Tour Guys
Ranked #6 of 123 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE walking tours are what we're known best for, but we offer private tour guides, group tours, school field trips and more. Our tours cover what's cool, interesting, and exciting about Toronto, from graffiti to ghosts, and the best places to eat, shop, and play.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oakville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ghost tour left me wanting more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Went on a ghost walk tonight that was, sadly, just not that great. Perhaps it was because a recent promotion brought out more than 100 people that were split into four different groups and we had what I assume was "seasonal help" instead of one of the two owners. He was a really friendly, enthusiastic guy, but he rambled, forgot bits of the stories, talked endlessly and really didn't have all that much to say about ghosts, really. I appreciated the "debunking" theories and found all that very interesting, but I also like to leave a ghost tour feeling a little spooked. I just left this one feeling tired and a bit bored. Very happy I got a 50% off coupon. My two companions felt the same disappointment. I think more walking and WAY less talking would be better. I'd rather go to more locations for a few quality minutes rather than stand for 10-20 minutes at each one and end up bored. I agree with other reviewers that said there was just too much extraneous info. I'm all for background and context, but this felt hastily learned and a little sketchy - like filler. Not happy that I paid good money and got someone who wasn't yet polished or 100% sure of the material either. As I said, he tried hard and was super nice, but I was hoping for (and expecting) super slick and professional too. Overall this was very "meh". Good exercise though!

6 Thank Kristin Z
JasonKooch, Owner at Tour Guys, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello and thanks for your review. I'm happy that you appreciated our scientific and skeptical angle and I'm sorry the tour didn't meet your overall expectations. I think you (like the previous reviewer) might have had our newest guide on their first ghost tour.We are looking at ways to improve our tours and our overall guest experience. The biggest challenge with ghost stories in Toronto is most of the locations are spread out so finding a balance between the walking time between places and the amount of time spent in each location has to feel "worth the walk". I'm sorry you found the time stopped to be too long. We tried to give people more tour for the amount they walked because three years ago when we ran a different tour route with different stories, people thought it was too much walking!

We aren't in the business of offering "meh" tours and as you can tell from other reviews, the vast majority of our guests love their experience with us, and I hope you will join us on another tour so you can see how good we can be!

• Hebrew first
Mississauga, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A bit of a letdown”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Having been on several different ghost tours in other towns and cities, I was somewhat disappointed in the Tour Guys. I expected a more fast-paced, spooky experience, and had hoped for a slightly more intimate group. Our guide, Christian, was certainly loud and animated, which helped to hold the attention of our rather large group (150 people registered for this tour, and they divided us into 4 smaller groups) but we spent FAR too much time standing in one spot (20 minutes in some cases) and I really struggled to pay attention, especially when he constantly paused to search through the script for names, dates and quotes. The stories ran on and on and on, and were far more historical than ghostly. I think I enjoyed walking through the different city neighbourhoods more than the talk itself. I'm glad I got a discounted ticket!

4 Thank KathyinCanada
JasonKooch, Owner at Tour Guys, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thanks for your feedback. During the peak of our ghost tour season we had one of our guides bail on us at the last minute for personal reasons and we trained one of our other guides quickly to fill in. I believe you were on his first ghost tour of the season. Not everyone is great on their first day. After this tour, Kristian received many positive reviews as he found his groove.

By offering discounted tickets this year, we had to deal with larger groups. For a smaller group experience I would recommend taking a ghost tour with us outside the peak season (October) or trying one of our Urban Adventures which have a maximum group size of 12.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“October 13 ghost tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you want to spend a fun, interesting and unusual night in Toronto, the Tour Guys is the way to go. Our guide Steve combined historical facts with legends which satisfied the skepticals and the believers. Despite the rain that did not stop, he had the ability to keep the audience attentive. Maybe sometimes too long (we had to wait for another group to leave the site), but very enjoyable. One only disappointment:no ghosts around -just a hand hanging from a parked car, LOL!
This is the way to live and love the city for a Torontonian and for a visitor.

1 Thank Elena C
Toronto, Canada
“Our Ghost tour guide is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our guide Steve is the best guide I ever had! He's enthusiastic, animated and funny! Even though that night was raining quite a bit, I didn't mind at all and actually wishing that the tour could be longer! If you join any of their tours and see that there are a few guides present, pick Steve!

Collingwood, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ghost Tour Oct 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Awesome! Jason our tour guide was hilarious and informative and the whole experience was great. Would recommend this to people looking for a night out with their friends, family, or a date... even by yourself! Maybe not suitable for young children, as there is a fare share of walking and standing still to listen.