“Great house keeping service!”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Great house keeping service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed May 31/June 2 room 620. Great view, quiet!
Thank you Floriana for providing such a great service in cleaning our room!
Such a friendly, diligent and professional person.
We loved our stay and come back again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Olga M
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Olga M,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and received such memorable "at your side" service from Floriana on our Housekeeping Team. Floriana always aims to ensure our guests' needs are taken care of and we are thrilled that she was successful in doing this for you. We will be sure to share your kind comments with her and will ensure she is recognized internally for exceeding your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and should you ever require any assistance when making your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel proudly displays its four-diamond designation at the check-in lobby, but I will give them only three stars.

The stay was ok overall, but there are a few details that a four-diamond hotel could have done better.

First, the positives. The hotel is located at a central location. I got a good view of the CN tower (see pic) and the water.

The just OK items. The bed I had was a little soft. The guest internet network worked fine in the room, but the blind spots and other technical issues in the lobby restaurant did not allow me to connect.

The ugly ones.

1. There are not enough fixed power outlets in the room, so the hotel puts a power bar next to the desk. There are other wires and a network switch in the vicinity. These items are not hidden from plain view. When I plugged my laptop cord to the power bar, I noticed that the network switch and some of the cords were covered in a thick layer of dust. That should not be filthy if it is in plain view in the room.

2. When I arrived at my floor after checking in around dinner time, there was an empty disposal cup by the elevator door. By the time I came back from breakfast (around 10am) the next morning, the cup was still there. I'd expect that to be picked up by hotel staff during regular walk through after 15-plus hours.

3. For the price point at the lobby restaurant the hostess should never take a customer to a table that has not been properly set up. Not only was the table next to me not set up before two guests were taken there, it was not wiped before the waiter put down the cutleries and napkin. The wait staff showed reluctance to clean and set up tables, so there were quite a few tables that were not properly cleaned and set up after the diners have left.

Overall, the hotel management needs to pay more attention to details. It is the little things that makes the customers feel welcomed and comfortable.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank nuboy
Dear nuboy,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. While I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the views from your guestroom, I would like to apologize for being unsuccessful in exceeding your expectations overall.

We do take the feedback we receive from our guests very seriously and will be reviewing all of your comments with the appropriate departments to ensure instances such as these do not reoccur in the future. I would also be delighted to have the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your concerns in greater details. I have provided my contact details below and invite you to contact me personally at your convenience.

Thank you again for reviewing us and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for two nights May 30th, the room was overlooking the lake which was beautiful. Check-in was great it was fast and very friendly. The room had everything you could ask for and was well appointed and very comfortable. They have a Keurig coffee maker in the room, however, there was only one regular coffee the rest was decaf or tea, would like to have more than one pod of regular. Great location if you are attending any events at the convention centre. Like most hotel restaurants the azure restaurant was pricey. All in all a very nice visit and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear boomac,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms during your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to take in the breathtaking views they offer. It was also great to read that you received such prompt and professional service from our Front Desk team.

We appreciate the feedback you provided regarding the coffee pods available in your guestroom and we have shared your comments with the appropriate departments, who will be reviewing was to improve in this area.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here for a conference in the convention center, would highly recommend it for others doing the same, as its attached to the convention center, but also convenient for the majority of central downtown Toronto.

The hotel also as a nice recently renovated pool/spa area, and gym facilities.

There's a hotel restaurant which provides a $25+ breakfast for everyone, so I frequently got starbucks (2 blocks away) or doublecup(? in the convention center) for breakfast - but the restaurant and breakfast are both nice when you do eat there.

Very helpful staff and nice rooms. Would stay again, especially if getting the business/government rates.

1 Thank gingdotta
Dear gingdotta,

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as our amenities during your recent visit with us. It was also wonderful to read that you received such helpful service from our team, as this is what we always aim to provide.

Should you ever require any assistance when planning your future trips to Toronto, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation and have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Overall excellent. Location is great, close to everything and walking distance to almost everything.I travel mostly for business and enjoy staying in a central location, in a full service hotel with a nice bar where to eat and socialize during those lonely evenings.

Location: Perfect. Walking distance from train station, 8 min away from Toronto city airport, 2 seconds from Convention Center, walking distance from attractions, restaurants and the business center

Staff: Maybe I was lucky, but they were fantastic during my stay. Specifically, i got in the hotel in a hurry because I had an important WEB Conference meeting to attend 10 minutes away. As my room was not ready (it was 2pm), they took me to the business center. As I could not access the internet right away from my computer, at some point I had 3 or 4 different people all at the same time doing their best to set me up while I was on the phone, hosting my meeting. When I needed to show my slides, they had fixed everything in the background. Thank you to the front desk staff, as it was important for me to attend that meeting. I felt taken care of.

ROOM: Had a corner room, facing the water. Well appointed room for a business person that likes scotch afetr work

Room Tip: Keeping that secret for me...( sorry)
Dear Scotch-on-rocks,

It is great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed both our convenient location as well as the comfort of your guestroom during your visit.

We were also thrilled that our team went above and beyond to ensure you received the superior "at your side" service we are best known for. Our team always strives to ensure our guests' needs are taken care of and we are overjoyed that our Front Desk team was successful in exceeding your expectations. We will be sure to pass on your kind remarks and know they will truly appreciate your recognition.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Pitman, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was in Toronto for a conference and ended up spending six nights at the InterContinental Toronto Centre and not the conference headquarters hotel (the Fairmont Royal York). Based on the complaints I heard about the Fairmont, that ended up being a happy accident.

Pleasant bell and front desk staff greet you, and you enter a sleek lobby with a interesting '60's vibe about it. Check in was painless, and our king bed upper floor lake view room was clean and nicely appointed.

If you are in Toronto for a conference at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, you cannot get much closer than the InterContinental. That you can get from the hotel to the Convention Centre indoors might be an important consideration if you are in town for a conference during the winter.

During our visit (May, 2014) there was much road/infrastructure construction going on along Front Street West, which made getting around mildly inconvenient.

There are dozens of dining options within a couple of blocks of the hotel - you're bound to find something you like.

The hotel's Azure lounge turned out to be a nice (if a little pricey) breakfast option. Some interesting cocktails to help you unwind, as well.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms also overlook a busy commuter rail line that uses diesel engines. Can get a little n...
Dear gjmalcyon,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and received such exceptional service from our team from the moment you arrived. It is always our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations and it was our pleasure to have the opportunity to do this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and should there ever be anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Booked 2 rooms for a Company event.
Our room was upgraded to a suite and had a blast!
The staff were great and everyone was really helpful. Especially Joan who shared directions to many places. The Hall where the event was and where we could find cookies!
Every time we came back to the room they had left something for us and a card one time saying happy anniversary.
Daughter's room
The location is very convient for the CN Tower (2 minutes walk - just turn left out of the main entrance and you're there), access to The Path (via Simcoe Place opposite the hotel, giving access to large parts of downtown Toronto through a series of underground walkways) and to Union Station (5 minutes walk via the Skywalk, accessible from the convention centre, which is connected to the hotel, or at the corner of Station Street).
We had breakfast in the Azure restaurant; the buffet is excellent and the made to order omlette was the best ever Across the road to Simcoe Place food court there is a Tim Hortons and a good selection of other convenient eateries.
We all had an amazing weekend.
Definitely our choice of a hotel in Toronto Downtown

Room Tip: Third floor city view is amazing and you feel part of the population especially when the Blue Jays a...
1 Thank Margc_11
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Margc_11,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and received such memorable service from Joan. It was also great to hear that our buffet breakfast was to your liking and we will be sure to share your compliments with our culinary team.

We are excited that you have named us your hotel of choice when visiting Downtown Toronto and we look forward to providing you with many more unforgettable experiences in the future.