“A Very Nice Luxury TO Hotel”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“A Very Nice Luxury TO Hotel”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had a very nice stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre (in the heart of down-town Toronto). I had stayed over this past weekend (Feb 8th), while celebrating a friends birthday. My friends and I had a wonderful time out-on-the-town and at the hotel.

For the what I had paid, I thought it was excellent value for what I got. Here are some highlights of my stay.

- Great value (for what I had paid - mind you to my advantage, it was a slower/calmer week for the hotel). For $265, luxury/renovated suite, breakfast in bed etc.

- Lovely bright, stylish and spacious junior suite with very nice panoramic city views of the financial district (see photos).

- Very nice and comfortable room furnishings with a designer feel.

- Wonderful plush beds, with good quality linens.

- Bright, clean bathroom with a nice large vanity and a good shower.

- Fantastic, above and beyond housekeeping and concierge service. Many thanks to Stephanie at the concierge desk for all her help with my stay.

- Yasir at the Front desk, was very friendly, personable and professional when checking me in.

- Nice, bright pool and spa lounge area. Great service at the spa too.

- Great location (very central, close to all transit, shopping, dining needs and anything else you could want).

- Very nice room service, with a great food presentation. But room service (like at most luxury hotels) here is very, very pricey. So do be aware of the prices.

Here are few reasons why I have not given my stay a 5-star rating:

inconsistent service:

- When trying to reach the reception / call centre, it takes forever to get thru. There were times, where I had waited over 10 mins on hold, just to try and reach something on the other line. This is not acceptable for a busy, 4-star luxury hotel. Very unreliable to get thru, had to call the concierge, as at least they pick-up the phones.

- At times, I found some of the front desk staff a little snotty. When requested for a later late check-out time, I felt a little bit of attitude for asking. Also when checking out, the receptionist was not very friendly and never asked how my stay was.

- Slow service, when asked for room-service / housekeeping to come up to my room for my different requests. Almost any request seems to take such a long time. I found this a little surprising for such a large property.

Other little things:

- Spa locker rooms are a little dated and dark for a spa.

- I took a peak at the Club Lounge, it really, really needs an overhaul. Found it looking, dark and dated for a luxury property.

- Parts of the room (like the carpet / walls) are already looking a little warn. A little surprising for a newly renovated room.

- Bathroom is small and fairly basic, nothing special (no "wow" factor).

All in all, I still had a very enjoyable stay and really appropriated the value for what I got with my stay. I was especially pleased with the concierge and housekeeping team. Still, if you can get a good room rate, stay in a renovated suite on a high-floor and you'll have a great time!

Room Tip: Make sure to book one of the renovated rooms/suites on a high floor. Both the city view and CN-tower...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Wowtravels,

Thank you for your kind remarks and feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to recognize Stephanie and Yasir personally. We will be sure to share your comments with them as well as recognize them internally for providing you with such memorable service.

We will be following up with the appropriate departments regarding the feedback you shared regarding some of the service you received and will ensure all areas are addressed accordingly. We are also delighted to let you know that our Executive Team is currently reviewing options to have the Club Lounge and Spa Locker rooms updated in order to ensure we exceed our guests’ expectations.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further or if you require any assistance with your future reservations, please do note hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Location is right next to the train station and it is attached to the convention center. So it is a great location. Only Complaint, I had better water pressure in Cuba.
Everything else was fine.......

Room Tip: Make sure your not in a room over looking the pool. It smells of chlorine.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Killage,

Thank you for your review and feedback. While I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, I apologize that the water pressure in your guestroom bathroom fell below your expectations.

We take the feedback we receive from our guests very seriously and I would be delighted if you could contact me directly to provide more information, such as your name and room number. This will allow our engineering team to ensure all concerns are rectified.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed on Saturday after doing some testing fro my workplace, we decided to stay for the night and catch the Leafs game because the hotel is so close to the ACC. Beautiful Hotel, Beautiful room, great service, i guess we had a luittle too much to drink at the game because after we ordered some drinks at the bar and walked back to the room with them. apologies but the hotel was still a gracious host and i cant wait to go back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jayf89,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our team was successful in exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure that all of our guests receive first class service and we are thrilled that we had the opportunity to deliver this to you.

We are delighted that we have gained your loyalty and I invite you to contact me personally when planning your future visits.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Latoya was an excellent guest services agent who was helpful answering all questions and accommadating extra requests. Other club floor agents were pleasant and courtious to my children and Jessica helpful with our city ignorance:) Our room was very spacious and clean. The club reception was fulfilling and excellent. Door men and porter all helpful and friendly. A much needed weekend get away was made wonderful by over exceeding my high expectations. Will definiately return and the club upgrade will be a must :0
Again huge thank you and mention to Latoya for making our weekend sssooo relaxing !!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear AYHospitality,

It is wonderful to hear that you received such outstanding “at your side “service from both Latoya and Jessica during your stay with us. Our team always aims to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are delighted that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

We are excited to hear that we have gained your loyalty and we look forward to providing you with many more unforgettable experiences in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning you next visit, as it would be my pleasure to have the opportunity to show our gratitude.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Nanton, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Little rocky at first as Branden had a little trouble locating our reservation and then failed to provide the Ambassador upgrade. A quick mention to Jacquiline our Consueir and in no time Susan the Manager had us in an upgraded room and a voucher for breakfast. We were treated like true ambassadors, the room was terrific and not only will we stay here again in the spring, we also plan to renew our membership.

Dear Nanton_Candy_Store,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We apologize for any miscommunication at check-in, however, are delighted to hear that both Jacqueline and Susan went above and beyond to rectify the situation and ensure your stay was a memorable one.

We are thrilled to hear that you will be returning again in the future and that you will be renewing your Ambassador Membership. We greatly appreciate your ongoing loyalty and look forward to providing you with more exceptional experiences in the future.
Should there be anything I can personally assist you with when planning your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 3 day conference and I will say it impressed me. The attention to every detail was outstanding. Check in to checkout, meals and conference room care were all exceptional. All the staff who I encountered were excellent and very approachable. Fantastic downtown location as well.

1 Thank leigh b
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear brainradio,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit. It is always our goal to ensure our guests needs are taken care of and we are delighted that our team provided you with such superior "at your side" service.

We look forward to providing you with more memorable experiences in the future and I invite you to contact me personally should you ever require any assistance with your future reservations.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Planning an event and had an AMAZING experience with the InterCon. Rooms were top notch, faculty was beyond helpful. Thank you, thank you Henrique & Eugene - I couldn't have pulled off this site visit without you.

Dear Marina G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind remarks. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a memorable experience with us and received such exceptional service from Henrique and Eugene. We will be sure to share your comments with them and recognize them internally for exceeding your expectations.

Should there be anything I can assist you with when planning your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation and ensure your future visits are just as unforgettable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.