“Outstanding attention to detail”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Winnipeg, Canada
“Outstanding attention to detail”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a 3 day conference and I will say it impressed me. The attention to every detail was outstanding. Check in to checkout, meals and conference room care were all exceptional. All the staff who I encountered were excellent and very approachable. Fantastic downtown location as well.

1 Thank leigh b
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear brainradio,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit. It is always our goal to ensure our guests needs are taken care of and we are delighted that our team provided you with such superior "at your side" service.

We look forward to providing you with more memorable experiences in the future and I invite you to contact me personally should you ever require any assistance with your future reservations.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Planning an event and had an AMAZING experience with the InterCon. Rooms were top notch, faculty was beyond helpful. Thank you, thank you Henrique & Eugene - I couldn't have pulled off this site visit without you.

Dear Marina G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind remarks. We are overjoyed to hear that you had a memorable experience with us and received such exceptional service from Henrique and Eugene. We will be sure to share your comments with them and recognize them internally for exceeding your expectations.

Should there be anything I can assist you with when planning your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation and ensure your future visits are just as unforgettable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

ottawa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We recently had a weekend stay at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre, and were very impressed. The staff were professional and friendly and very helpful, and anticipated our needs. We were offered a courtesy upgrade (without asking) and our requests for early check-in and late check-out were graciously granted. The pool/spa is well appointed and the view of the CN Tower through the skylight is an added bonus. The beds were very comfortable and the linens high quality. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience.
Would we do it again? Absolutely!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank OttawaFranski
Dear OttawaFranski,

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. Our team always strives to go above and beyond for our guests and we are thrilled that we were successful in doing this for you. We were also delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy our spa oasis on the 3rd floor; it truly is a great place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the busy city.

It is exciting to know that you plan to return in the future, and I invite you to contact me personally so I may have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights just before Christmas and as I got a very good trade rate it was OK. If I'd of paid full whack I would not be happy as this is far from the best 4*property I have stayed in.
The rooms need to be updated and the staff are very impersonal and act like its a 5* property.

I booked with an agent and chose this hotel over another at a higher cost as I was told it had internet, they neglected to tell me that you are charge $15.00 a day for it, in this day and age I find this ludicrous. As I'm from the UK I need access to the internet as mobile (cell) charges are extortionate when outside the UK!
The internet didn't' work and they charged me for calling the internet help line!
The bathroom was a bit dated for a 4* but what I will say is that the rooms are large which I like.

The hotel location is good for CN Tower, the Ripleys Aquarium and the. Convention Centre. Cora's breakfast place down the road is lovely and there's a Starbucks just 2minutes away!
We didn't have chance to see much else as a freezing rain storm arrived so we had to leave before highways were closed!

I will stay here again if I get a good rate for the location but certainly would consider other before paying a lot for it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mickeyp0507
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear mickeyp0507,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. While I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location, I was disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations overall.

I apologize that the internet costs were not communicated prior to your arrival, however, am pleased to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The program is free to join and offers many additional benefits as well. I am also delighted to advise that we have completed a renovation of several of our guestrooms which all offer a fresh and updated modern look.

As it is always our goal to ensure every guest leaves happy, I would be happy to have the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your concerns in further detail. I have provided my contact details below and invite you to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Christian Potvin
Director of Rooms
christian.potvin@ihg.com

Caledonia, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance to almost anywhere you would want to go.It is besde the Via and Go station. We walked to the resaurant "Eleven" . If you walk through the hotel you can choose to walk inside through front of Convention Centre and at the very end exit at the Second Cup and climb the stairs to eat at Baton Rouge. With the extreme cold this week that was wonderful. The restaruant at the InterContinental is a great choice for any meal of the day. It is called Azure.
My room was very clean and the bathroom pristeen. I could care less if it is a little outdated, what I care about is cleanliness. The bed and pillows were just like home, absolutley delightful to crawl into. Liked the complimentary copy of The Globe daily and the complimentary Keurig pogs with your own Keurig machine. Loved the "free" internet..just ask them when you check in for the membership. It is no charge and they will send the card to your residence and each time you stay at an InterContinental you build your points....that saved me $56.00 for my 4 day stay.Victoria looked after my room on the 7th floor and she was above and beyond in service. It was a pleasure to come into the bathroom and find she had laid out all my hair things on one small towel on the huge vanity and body stuff on another. It really made me feel like I was "at home and appreciated." I chatted with her briefly one day and thanked her and she replied.."That is the way of the InterContinental Hotel. Wherever you go with them, you will find the same. They want every guest to feel special. Victoria took no credit for herself. I have stayed at several hotels in Toronto over the years but this will now become the one of choice. My closing message would be that if you choose to visit Toronto you can't do it on a shoestring. This kind of service comes with a price, however I found my check out invoice to be more than reasonable.

Room Tip: On the 7th floor I could hear traffic and I don't mind but if you want quit from the traffice as...
Dear Ann R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and are excited that we have gained your loyalty. Our team prides themselves on exceeding our guests’ expectations and creating memorable experiences for them, and we are delighted that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

We were also overjoyed to read that you received such exceptional service from Victoria and we will be sure to share your kind remarks with her. Victoria always aims to ensure our guests needs are taken care of and we will certainly recognize her internally for providing you with the superior "at your side" service we are best known for.

When planning your next visit, I would be delighted if you would contact me personally. It would be my pleasure to have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty and ensure your next stay is just as unforgettable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

NL
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in June 2013. Hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are nothing special for the price. Bathroom is very outdated, old style tub and shower. We stayed at a lot of hotels this summer and this was the only one that charged for parking. We had to pay 45 dollars per night on top of what we were paying for our room. It was nice to know that my truck was parked underground at the hotel but the price was a bit much. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at all summer and on top of the room rates, and parking rates they expected 20 dollars per day for wifi. I thought this was a bit much for a nice hotel. there was a point when our door wouldnt lock when we left, then we got locked out of our room because the key cards randomly stopped working and had to get hotel security to help us. Our breakfast was included each day which was one of the good things about this place. It was clean and the location was great but all these extra charges really put a damper on the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stevo_b27
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear stevo_b27,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. While I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as our buffet breakfast during your visit last year, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations overall. I have shared your concerns regarding our valet parking with the appropriate departments who will be reviewing areas for improvement internally.

Regarding our internet pricing, I am pleased to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The membership is free to join and offers many additional perks as well.

As we value each and every one of our guests, I would appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience in further detail. I have provided my contact details below and invite you to contact me personally at your convenience.

Thank you again for reviewing us and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Christian Potvin
Director of Rooms
christian.potvin@ihg.com

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband & I just spent a weekend in Toronto and stayed at the InterContinental. What a great place to stay! The location is perfect - within walking distance to most attractions.

Our room was clean and the king size bed was very comfy. We had a great view of the CN Tower and the surrounding area. The staff at the hotel are all very professional - everyone we encountered on our stay was friendly & helpful, from the door men to the front dest to the cleaning staff, they were all great.

A visit to Azure Restaurant in the hotel for French Onion Soup is a must! It was absolutely deicious. The breakfast buffet, although a bit pricey, was also very tasty, with a lot of selections.

This is definitely the hotel to stay in when visiting downtown Toronto, we have no complaints and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KaseyK1
Dear KaseyK1,

We are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that you not only received outstanding "at your side" service from our team, but also had the opportunity to indulge in the culinary offerings provided in Azure.

We are excited to hear that you will be returning in the future, and I invite you to contact me personally when planning your future visits. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your travel arrangements and have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.