“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
niagara falls ontario
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night as we were attending a concert (without the kids). Pleasant staff and beautiful, clean hotel. Comfortable beds and awesome view from our room. We will definately stay here again.. Thank you

Room Tip: Beautiful, clean hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funtotravel66
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear ann_666,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to read that you and your husband enjoyed our comfortable accommodations and breathtaking views during your stay with us. It was also great to read that our team provided your with the superior “at your side” service we are best known for.

When planning your next trip to Toronto please feel free to contact me directly as I would love the opportunity to assist you with your reservation and show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middleton in Teesdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here just after Christmas and for New Year and could not fault the hotel and it's staff one bit. Arrived just after 9pm at the hotel after spending 19hrs of travelling from the UK to warm welcome on reception from Rebecca who is an absolute credit to the hotel. We were initially allocated an upgrade and a newly renovated room on the 20th floor however this was amended to the 13th floor overlooking Union Station and we couldn't fault the room (not a renovated one but really good still). Didn't eat in the hotel due to being on a budget so can't comment on food. People complain about the wifi being $17 however we found that there was also an option for $13 which we didn't have a problem with - cheaper than a lot of UK hotels. As we were departing for the airport one of the pipes in the front door area burst due to the freezing weather however this was handled perfectly well by the staff, and the young lad on the door was as polite as he ever was (another credit to the hotel). Being a former IHG employee I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and hopefully will be back later this year :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WooWoo86
Dear WooWoo86,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holidays! Our team always strives for excellence and it is a pleasure to hear that Rebecca as well as the rest of our team exceeded your expectations.

We are also delighted to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The program is free to join and offers many additional benefits as well.

We are excited that you are planning a return trip later this year and I welcome to contact me personally should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to hosting you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of a fantastic stay in Toronto over New Year. I had a fantastic view of the CN Tower and the lake from my room, which was on the 16th floor (I received a free upgrade on arrival!). The king sized bed was extremely comfortable and I had a fantastic night's sleep.

Due to the bad weather the east coast was experiencing, two of my friends' bus to New York was cancelled. The man at the front desk kindly called for a single bed to be added to my room at no extra charge which was really nice.

Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed which was a little disappointing, however hotel guests were offered complimentary use of the Fairmont's facilities which were less than 5 minutes away. The Fairmont's facilities were excellent with a nice (but slightly small) pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna with nice beauty products in the changing rooms.

Overall, this hotel is in a fantastic location, with very accommodating staff and incredible views. The only downside of this hotel is having to fork out $17 for one night of internet, which was rather expensive considering that for the previous three nights I had been staying at a hostel which cost me $25 for my bed per night and included free internet and breakfast. If you have the money, I would definitely recommend coming here if you are staying in Toronto.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ForYourEntertainment,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and received such outstanding service from our team. I am also happy to let you know that the pool area has been repaired and is now fully operational.

In regards to our internet pricing, I am delighted to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The program is free to join and offers many other benefits as well.

Should you wish to receive more information on our IHG Rewards Membership or require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I recommend this hotel, the staffs are friendly and welcoming. The location of the hotel, near the train station is perfect, only few minutes of walk. The breakfast buffet is good, lots of choice and fresh fruit. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and the 16th floor overlooking the city was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Mathieu G,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy everything our hotel has to offer. From our convenient location, to the culinary offerings in Azure, to outstanding service our team provides; we are thrilled that you were able to experience it all.

Please feel free to let me know when you are planning your next visit to Toronto, as I would love to have the opportunity to personally assist you with your reservation.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I just got back from a one night stay at the Intercontinental Toronto, it was awesome! Chef Concierge Sherine set us up with a beautiful room on the 24th floor overlooking the CN tower, Rogers Centre and the new Aquarium. The service was excellent from check in, we got in early which was a plus as well! The room was newly renovated, everything was clean which is always my most important factor when staying at a hotel. The cool part was nifty reading lights above the bed that swing out so you don't have the bother with a huge light in case the other person wants to sleep! Ordered room service in the morning, Belgian Waffles with fresh fruit and coffee and orange juice. It was the perfect end to a great night. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Try to get a room looking out to the CN Tower and Rogers Centre Self Park- $27 for 24 hours
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Matt S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was great to hear that you not only enjoyed the accommodations we provided, but more importantly the superior service you received from Sherine. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and we are thrilled that Sherine went above and beyond to ensure your needs were taken care of. We will be sure to share your comments with her personally and ensure she is recognized internally.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here as a stopover on the way back to the UK after working in Canada.The Intercontinental brand is a bit thin on the ground in the UK and so it was a pleasure to stay in this one. I was disappointed as a platinum IHG member we did not get an upgrade, but a drinks voucher instead. Nonetheless, the staff were friendly and attentive, the room very comfortable and the facilities in general very good. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yorkshirebhoy
Dear yorkshirebhoy,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the superior service our team delivered during your stay with us. However, I would like to apologize for any disappointment regarding the Platinum Benefits that are offered and would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently needed a place to stay when my apartment was being renovated. I had to quickly find a hotel to stay in and the InterContinental fit what I was looking for.

Upon arrival the staff was super helpful and even upgraded my room. I had a fantastic view out the window facing the lake and actually hoped for a storm as I figured watching it would be amazing.

The room was very clean and very nicely decorated in soft greys. With the desk with the comfortable chair, the lounger and king size bed it was perfect.

My small complaint was that I found the bed really hard and didn't sleep overly well, however this could just be my personal preference.

I have stayed at this hotel before and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I just wish I had remembered my swimsuit!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MandaGirl
Dear MandaGirl,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the complimentary upgrade our team provided. It is always our aim to ensure our guests needs are met and I would be delighted to have the opportunity to update your profile with your preference of a softer bed.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and so I may update your profile accordingly to ensure your future visits are flawless.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.