“Good Hotel with a great location”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
United Kingdom
“Good Hotel with a great location”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here as a stopover on the way back to the UK after working in Canada.The Intercontinental brand is a bit thin on the ground in the UK and so it was a pleasure to stay in this one. I was disappointed as a platinum IHG member we did not get an upgrade, but a drinks voucher instead. Nonetheless, the staff were friendly and attentive, the room very comfortable and the facilities in general very good. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yorkshirebhoy
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear yorkshirebhoy,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the superior service our team delivered during your stay with us. However, I would like to apologize for any disappointment regarding the Platinum Benefits that are offered and would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently needed a place to stay when my apartment was being renovated. I had to quickly find a hotel to stay in and the InterContinental fit what I was looking for.

Upon arrival the staff was super helpful and even upgraded my room. I had a fantastic view out the window facing the lake and actually hoped for a storm as I figured watching it would be amazing.

The room was very clean and very nicely decorated in soft greys. With the desk with the comfortable chair, the lounger and king size bed it was perfect.

My small complaint was that I found the bed really hard and didn't sleep overly well, however this could just be my personal preference.

I have stayed at this hotel before and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I just wish I had remembered my swimsuit!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MandaGirl
Dear MandaGirl,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the complimentary upgrade our team provided. It is always our aim to ensure our guests needs are met and I would be delighted to have the opportunity to update your profile with your preference of a softer bed.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and so I may update your profile accordingly to ensure your future visits are flawless.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

Owen Sound
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My 2 daughters and I spent one night at the Intercontinental while we were in town to see Les Mis. We self parked under the hotel which cost $27. We had prepaid through a 3rd party website. We had no problems. During check in I noticed information at the reception desk that stated that the pool was closed due to the ice storm. Because of this inconvenience, they gave us a certificate for a complimentary breakfast buffet. Our room on the 7th floor was spacious and clean. We had a nice view of Union Station. There were never any waits for elevators. We have previously stayed at the Hyatt, the Royal York, the Sheraton and the Pantages hotel in downtown Toronto. We liked the Intercontinental and would return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear PCbailey,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your visit with us. It is also exciting to read that we have gained your loyalty and you will be returning in the future.

Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit, as I would be delighted to have the opportunity to show our gratitude.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Booked this hotel through hotwire for one night because we went downtown for a concert. I had never stayed at an intercontinental before so I had no idea what to expect. We quickly found parking and made our way into the main lobby. It was large and the staff were very friendly and helpful - they even managed to put everyone in our party on the same floor and across the hall from each other. For being downtown Toronto, the rooms were a fair size, the beds were comfortable and we had a city view! Overall, I would return and recommend to others! The only thing I disliked was the fact that you had to pay for internet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear vmc13,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us. We always aim to exceed our guests expectations and we are thrilled that we have the opportunity to do this for you.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed 3 nights on a conference at the convention centre next door. Great rooms. Reasonably priced. Close to all kinds of other attractions. My wife accompanied me on this trip. She had no trouble finding all sorts of things to do while I was at the conference.

Room Tip: Try for one of the corner rooms. Glass on 2 walls. Unbelievable view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Medic55488
Dear Medic55488,

Thank you for reviewing us. It is great to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our central location during your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Toronto
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while celebrating new years 2014 across the street at the Royal York for a more economical option. We did get one of the newly renovated rooms and it was great. The staff was very polite and helpful, the room clean and well stocked. Overall I think the lobby got a little out of control around 2am when we were returning to the hotel but it was new years eve after all.

From checkin to checkout it was a great experience (Both had huge line-ups and both were very fast) we did not feel rushed at the counter and did not have to wait long to get our turn even with the long line-up.

Room Tip: The newly renovated room was great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear romburgundy,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during New Years Eve. Our team always aims to provide superior service and we are pleased to read that you received this throughout the duration of your stay.

Feel free to contact me personally when planning you next stay, as I would be happy to have the opportunity to assist you with your reservation needs.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, Ontario
Reviewed January 5, 2014

When we checked into this hotel, they immediately upgraded our room due to my Platinum Reward status. The room was beautiful, spacious, and clean, with a direct view of the CN Tower.
Service was excellent, and we have no complaints except for one little thing:
While we were out to dinner and a show, a gift was delivered to our room and placed on our bed. The gift was not intended for us, which lead to a couple of issues...first, who had gone into our room and placed it on our bed (apparently it was a staff member, thank goodness). Secondly, if we were dishonest people, the gift may not have made it to the intended recipient and could have been a big mistake for the hotel. Our phones were not working, so I had to hand-deliver the gift back to the front desk, rather than having someone come up to retrieve it.
To apologize for the error, the manager gave us free breakfast the next morning at the hotel restaurant (which was delicious, by the way). It was a mistake, but one wouldn't expect such mistakes in high-end establishments, particularly when dealing with a gift from one guest to another.
All in all, we were pleased with the service, our stay, and the facilities, and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room on a higher floor overlooking the CN Tower and the lake, which was beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Percivas
Dear Percivas,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and apologize for the difficulties you experienced regarding the gift delivered to your room. We appreciate the time you took to notify our team and have followed up internally to ensure oversights such as these do not reoccur in future.

Please let us know when you are planning your next visit as we would be delighted to have the opportunity to assist you with your reservation.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.