“Excellent hotel in a Great Downtown Location next to CN Tower”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice recently for business meetings. The hotel and meeting space were flawless both times. I would highly recommend using this hotel if you need to make a great impression on business associates. Meeting room was well appointed and excellent staff accommodated all of our needs, even for the last minute items. The food catered for our meeting was excellent. I would recommend selecting any of the hot meals for an excellent business lunch sure to impress. The hotel room was well kept, bathroom well appointed with large counter space, robes, ironing board. Bed was pillow top, very comfy and soft. Pillows, towels all first quality. I stayed in an upgraded suite which had an added hallway with a living room area. Room was very modern and lovely. Hotel staff very professional. Hotel room has a great view of the city - probably in every room. Location is excellent and close to everything. Restaurants galore are a walk out the door.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear CdaTurst,

Thank you for your kind comments and ongoing loyalty. It is a pleasure to hear that you not only enjoyed our convenient location and accommodations, but also had the opportunity to experience the outstanding service delivered by our catering and banquet teams. Both of these teams strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are delighted to read that they were successful in providing you and your group with a memorable experience.

I would love the opportunity to show our gratitude for your loyalty and invite you to contact me personally when planning your next visit. Thank you again for sharing your review with us and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I booked a two-night stay Dec. 30 - Jan. 1. I'm eight months pregnant and we planned this trip to be a final, pre-baby getaway. The spa and saltwater pool amenities were the #1 deciding factor on booking at Intercontinental over other hotels. My ability to walk around is limited and we were so looking forward to lounging around the pool. Unfortunately, when we checked in, we learned that the pool and spa were closed indefinitely due to damage from the ice storm. Obviously there was nothing the hotel could do to prevent the storm but we were frustrated by two things: 1) no advanced notice from the hotel prior to us arriving despite them knowing about this issue for days, and 2) very little attempt by the hotel staff to make up for it. They offered us pool privileges at the Fairmont Royal York hotel, a cold 10-minute walk from Intercontinental, but did not know many details about how we could use it. We ended up going there one day for an hour but it was not anywhere near as convenient or nice as we hoped. Plus we had to walk back and forth with wet hair in freezing weather. At one point we were so disappointed we thought about cancelling our reservation for the next night. When I approached a staff member about doing this, she was rude and went on a rant about the ice storm. I really understand it was out of the hotel's control but given how much obvious disappointment there was on our end, we thought there might be a small gesture from the hotel. Nothing.

A few other things stacked up against this place but I'm not sure I would have cared as much if the pool/spa issue hadn't come up. Regardless, I will share them:
-- I think $13.95/day for wifi is ridiculous
-- The staff was generally lacking knowledge about the hotel amenities. I called at one point to ask about ordering a movie and the woman on the phone had literally nothing to offer. She just said, "I don't know" when I asked her how long the rental would be good for and if we could start/stop it.

Long story short, I won't stay here again. There are too many other hotels in Toronto in the same price range and probably several who would have reacted better to a serious gap in amenities.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whitflip

Dear whitflip,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your stay. We too were discouraged that we had to displace our guests during the unforeseen damage caused by the ice storm. However, we are happy to let you know that the damage has been repaired and the pool area is back in operation.

We understanding the frustration you experienced and apologize that you did not receive the exemplary service our team is known to provide in such situations. I have shared your comments with our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, who would greatly appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience in further detail. Please contact Christian at christian.potvin@ihg.com at your convenience.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed for one night at the renovated King feature room, which is quite modern and spacious.
Pros: Nice view for the rail tracks and city/ spacious/ contemporary design/
Courteous staff /location/comfortable bed
Cons: not too tidy bed (found a long woman's hair)/ small pool and spa area, messy changing room

Room Tip: Higher floors, away from ice machine and service area, recommend 1916 for great city view and rail t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear JY198011,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and for reaching out to me personally. As mentioned in my email we have addressed your concerns internally to ensure they do not reoccur in the future and look forward to providing you with a flawless experience during your next visit.

Should there be anything I can assist you with prior to your next booking please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We enjoyed an evening there, as we were in Toronto, for the Leafs game. It is only a short 10 min. walk to the Air Canada Centre ( mostly along a covered walkway, from the hotel). We were greeted by Brendan, who was most helpful in upgrading our room, as my wife is a Priority Club member. Room 1501, had a great view of the lake, the island, C.N. Tower, Rogers Centre ( home of the Blue Jays) and the new Ripley Aquarium ( a popular attraction, with long line ups). The room was clean, comfortable, with lots of great toiletries, Keurig coffee maker, with tea and coffee. We enjoyed breakfast in the room, which was nice. Valet parking is $45.00 and self park is $27.00. We wish we had valet, as we had to lug our suitcase up and down stairs in the parking garage. We have stayed at the hotel previously, and would stay again, as it is within walking distance of several attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor room, on the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KRLyons,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the comfort of our guestrooms during your recent stay with us. It was also great to read that Brendan provided you with the superior “at your side” service we are best known for. We will be sure to share your review with him personally and recognize him internally for exceeding your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty and would love the opportunity to show our gratitude. Please let me know when you are planning your next visit so I may personally assist you with your reservation.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel while on a business trip in November. I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The location is excellent. While waiting to check in, I had gone up the CN tower. After arriving at my room, I quickly regretted my decision to pay money for the CN tower since the view from my hotel room was quite comparable. The hotel is within easy access to everything downtown.

The service at the hotel is excellent. I was given an early check in. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel has a limo service that will get you to the airport for a flat rate (I believe it's $60).

Hotel rooms are clean, spacious, quiet, and comfortable with modern decor.

I attended meetings at the hotel as well, and it is an excellent venue for meetings or conferences. The catered food was amazing - some of the best catered lunches I have ever had!

I would definitely return to the Intercontinental Hotel during my next trip to Toronto and would recommend that others do the same.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear CarolynCyr,

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We always aim to ensure all of our guests needs are taken care of and we are thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience everything our hotel has to offer.

It is wonderful to hear that you not only enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms, but also the service and culinary offerings you received at your meeting. We will be sure to share your kind remarks with our culinary and banquets team as we know they will truly appreciate your recognition.

We look forward to your return in the future and I invite you to contact me personally so I may assist you with your future reservations.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Booked a last minute room at his hotel for Christmas eve and had a lovely stay. We were able to check in early (12pm) to our 12th floor room, and loved the contemporary furniture and full on unobstructed view of the CN tower. Our room had a large bathroom and comfy bed...and the keurig was great for morning coffee. Service was top-notch overall, from the bar at Azure to the front desk and bellhop. And little touches like the stocking full of treats left on the door Christmas morning are always a nice surprise.
There were a lot of guests who were staying at the hotel due to ice storm related power outages at home, and the staff seemed to be taking extra good care of them.The lobby really had a festive atmosphere overall with lots of holiday decorations among the sleek art and fashionable seating areas. Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the lobby is always a plus!
This hotel is VERY close to Union Station and the CN tower. A great home base if you want to check out some downtown attractions.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear SeeSaw11,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday. Our team always aims to exceed our guests expectations and we are thrilled that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

It was also great to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms as well as the spectacular views they offer.

Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your future stays as it I would be delighted to have the opportunity to assist with your reservation.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We lost our power due to the ice storm in Toronto and decided to stay for Christmas eve after sticking it out in our cold apartment for 2 days. We were tired and cold by the time we arrived at the hotel. As we checked in we were treated to exceptional customer service by Yasir at the front desk. He had given up some of his own holiday to work yet he still greeted us with a smile and a warm welcome. He went above and beyond and even celebrated with us the next morning when we checked out early because our power was back.
We went down to the restaurant after settling into our room, which was newly renovated with an exceptional view of the C.N tower, and had a great time and wonderful service from Kyle at the bar. He gave us some drink suggestions, introduced us to a new local liquor from Niagara and kept us laughing all night. Thanks Kyle!
The whole experience was fantastic and although we were not in our house for Christmas everyone made us feel at home. They even gave us a stocking filled with treats on our door in the morning!
Thank you to everyone who made our Christmas stay memorable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SamAdamsBU,

It is wonderful to read your comments and know that our team was successful in providing you with a memorable holiday. Thank you for taking the time to recognize both Yasir and Kyle, we know they will truly appreciate your kind words and we will be sure that they are recognized internally for providing you with such outstanding “at your side” service.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to providing you with more memorable experiences in the future.