“Wonderful stay for xmas night”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Wonderful stay for xmas night”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Our second stay for Christmas Eve and a great way of getting away from cooking and cleaning on Christmas eve.

Others have complained about room service prices but they are on par as other hotels. The difference is the intercontinental's food (imho) is very good and worth it. Had great steak for dinner as well as chicken..and great breakfast on Christmas day.

Service was excellent and remember to bring swim suit. ...I always forget and they have gorgeous pool.

My only concern was our two level suite, while large and comfortable, was a bit worn.... and needed a little tlc. Several bad scratches were obvious, but I know some guests are hard on things. I was taken aback when they asked about a gouge (previously there) but they did not press the issue.

Overall wonderful stay and room dining to die for. Nothing like a table of food someone else makes (and takes away) on Christmas morning!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Gunnerpup,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed your holiday visit with us. It was also great to read about how much you enjoyed our food & beverage offerings both in Azure and from in-room dining. We will be sure to share your kind comments with our culinary team as I know they will truly appreciate your recognition.

Please let me know when you are planning your next stay, as I would love to have the opportunity to optimize your reservation and ensure your next visit is flawless.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Interior Decor: Intercontinental standard style: calm, elegant and luxurious. Makes me feel rich and in control. Very stylish lobby with arts and good lightings.
Exterior appearance: One of the modern buildings. Located very close to CN Tower, train station and Rogers Centre baseball stadium. 25 floors.
Outside view: Very good. Downtown Toronto. View of CN Tower, train station and shores of Lake Ontario.
Noise insulation: Despite located next to train station, noise insulation was surprisingly good.
Room size: Approximately 32 square metres. Adequate. Relatively small size bathroom.
Price value: 40000 points deduction being IHG Rewards member. Reasonable for the upgraded room.
Service: Professionally trained staffs for luggage assistance.
Restaurant: Cool atmosphere in blue. Well polished food selection with very good sauce and ingredients. A bit expensive, but the service was first class.
Parking garage: Access to the lobby was good. A bit inflated price at $27 per night.
Room number: 1000 - King Deluxe corner room.
Bed: Soft, King - comfortable

Overall, the strengths of services, general clean appearance wth stylish interior decor designs pleased me.

Room Tip: Choose the room with the last two digits "00" for corner, with views of CN Tower and Roger...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank setotravel
Dear setotravel,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to exceed our guests expectations and it is great to hear that we were successful in doing this for you.

When planning your next visit, please feel free to contact me personally. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation and ensure your next stay is just as excellent.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have wanted to stay at this hotel for years but have always saved a few bucks and stayed at other locations. As a Christmas treat I finally splurged and think I will only ever be able to stay here now in Toronto. I was allowed to check in at 11:30 on a Friday before Christmas and got upgraded. The room had a dreamy view of the CN Tower complete with a chaise lounge where I frequently sat with tea and just gazed out the window. The room decor is so relaxing and comfortably a break from the busy over stimulating city. Its the perfect break. Staff are great too. Really care .. they say thank you and mean it, ask where you are going or what you are doing and then finish a conversation saying enjoy your theater show or walk to see Christmas lights. I could rave and rave but to be honest I already showed my loyalty by booking another stay within the next 30 days at this property and I only live an hour from the city .. sometimes you just need to be treated well and here you will be

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank disneykristen
Dear disneykristen,

Thank you for your kind remarks and new found loyalty. We are overjoyed that our team won you over during your stay and we look forward to providing you with more memorable experiences in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should there be anything I can do to ensure your upcoming stay is a comfortable one.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Although I was there only one night and in the midst of a storm I enjoyed staying at this hotel because of the fascinating room I had (got a free upgrade as an IHG gold member) and the well designed lobby. I didn't have a chance to get to know the area but the Subway is very close so getting around is not a problem in this area.
Price was reasonable (200$CAD) per night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Elid01,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is wonderful to hear that we had the opportunity to do this for you. Hopefully next time you are with us you will have the chance to explore the nearby sites as well.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2013

As you would expect from Intercontinental, excellent and friendly service. The hotel is in a convenient location near to the CN Tower with comfortable and spacious rooms. However, I would double check that any tours booked through the hotel are in fact booked as required. We booked a trip to Niagara Falls only to wait for a coach that did not turn up. The hotel did offer compensation and booked the tour for the next day. However, I think it would be worthwhile waiting while your booking is phoned through.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 848Happilyretired848,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the service our team provided during your recent visit to Toronto. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding your day trip to Niagara Falls. We will be sure to follow up with our Concierge team to ensure issues such as these do not reoccur in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your experience in further details or if you require any assistance when planning your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed a night in this hotel and very happy with the staff service and hotel room. It is very close to Union station (within 10 minutes walk) but there is no noise at all. It is also within walking distance to CN tower/Rogers Centre. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Deborah77s,

Thank you for your comments. It is great to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team always aims to provide our guests’ with memorable “at your side” service and we are thrilled to hear we were successful in delivering this to you. We are also glad that you found our location convenient for your needs and had the opportunity to explore the nearby sites during your visit.

When planning your next trip to Toronto, I invite you to contact me directly so I may personally assist you with your reservation. Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Me and my friend had stayed in Intercontinental for the weekends. We had arrived at the checking time and they gave us room pretty fast. On our way to the room we had a few bags and no one had offered us help, which is surprising, there was no people. Room was clean, except the fact that bed sheets did not look very neat. Afterwards we had offered champaign glasses to the room , it took them 2 hours to bring them up the stairs. We had tried their restaurant and service was very "unpassioned " and hostess girl seemed like she did not want to be there. In the morning around 7 am housekeeping went into the room with no warning twice!!! It had woke us up and we did not had a chance to rest well. GSA while check out did not asked us how was our stay. Rude. If I did not payed a discounted price, simply would not stayed there again simply

• Stayed October 2013
Dear KristinaLebedev,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experience you had during your most recent stay. It is always our goal to ensure our guests need are taken care of and I can assure you that the service you received is not indicative of the level of service our team strives to provide.

I have shared the concerns you mentioned regarding your experience in our restaurant and with room service with our Director of Food & Beverage, Mateus De Campos, who will be personally following up with his team to ensure such issues do not reoccur in the future. I have also shared your comments with our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, who will be reviewing your concerns with our front office and housekeeping teams. Both Christian and Mateus would be delighted to speak with you in further detail in the hopes of regaining your loyalty. Please feel free to contact either myself, Christian or Mateus, at your convenience, using the contact details I have provided below.

Thank you again for reviewing us and we hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.