“Great location and very restaurant”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed 4 nights for a convention in a descent size room with a great view of the water and the CN tower! Location is close to Billy Bishop airport with a free shuttle to hotel.
We. Are very leery of hotel food which is usually bland and uninspired but this was an exception. Supper was very nice with fresh food and no pressure to by a glass of wine or drink (we had attended a wine tasting class before) well presented and nice portions with great staff. Buffet breakfast looked great but at 30$ a person how many carbs can I eat.
One issue was the air quality in the room, my wife felt stuffed up the whole time but I was fine. The only disappointment was no free wifi. Not even in the lobby The charge for wifi was 13$ a day.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Chefantoine11,

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to read that you and your wife enjoyed your 4 night stay with us! It was also a pleasure to hear about how much you enjoyed your experience in Azure and we will be sure to share your kind comments with the team.

We are happy to let you know that we will soon be offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The membership is free to join and includes many other benefits as well. Should you wish to learn more about our IHG Rewards program or should there be anything I can assist you with when planning your future travels, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed at InterContinential Toronto Centre for one night on 15 November 2013. The hotel is at Union metro station which is 3-4 stops away from Dupont Station where the Bus terminal is. Upon arriving, the queue for checking in was quite long. About 5-7 people waiting at the front desk. However, the queue was cleared up quite quickly. This hotel is linked directly to the Conference Centre of toronto. It is also 5 mins walk away from the CN tower and Ripley's aquarium. Air Canada Centre is 10 minutes walk away.

My room, which is a Deluxe room faces the train tracks instead of the CN tower. If you want a view of the CN tower you got to ask for it. The bed is comfy, the sheets are clean. However, I couldnt find a safe box in the room. There is also no complementary breakfast in the morning and you got to buy the breakfast yourself.

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the nearest metro station, Union station. Taking the train from Union station to Dundas Station will take you about 15 minutes. One trip cost $3 but if you get the day pass its $10.75cad per person but it is valid until 5am the next day, not for 24 hours.

Although the room is really clean and the bed is comfortable. I would say for the price, i would go somewhere else. Because the location is not really convenient I have to take the metro to most places i would like to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the CN tower if you want it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanna T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our TripAdvisor readers. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our accommodations during your recent visit as well as the efficiency of our front desk team.

I am happy to let you know that we do have a reasonably priced breakfast package available for those of our guests who prefer to have breakfast included during their stay. Our knowledgeable concierge team is also available 24 hours a day and would be happy to assist you with arranging your travels to other sites you may wish to visit in the city.

When planning your next visit to Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally. It would be my pleasure to handle your reservation as well as assist you with the details of your next stay. I would also be delighted to update your profile with your preference of a view of the CN Tower as well as add any other preferences you may have to ensure your future experiences are exceptional.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for a conference recently. I was upgraded to a top floor king room and I loved every bit of it. Nice new looking rooms, with comfy beds, great views of the city. Guestrooms and the bathrooms are very fresh and clean. Really loved the gym and steam room on the 3rd floor. Valet parking was a little pricey ($45/day) but the service was quick and efficient. Overall no complaints, would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Obviously rooms on higher floors will have better views of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gks84
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear gks84,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit. We take great pride in delivering superior service and comfortable accommodations to all of our guests and it is great to read that we succeed in providing both to you. We are also glad that you had the opportunity to visit our pool and fitness area on our 3rd floor. It truly is a great place to relax and escape the busy city.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back when you plan your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a modern and very nice hotel. The front desk and concierge staff is great and one of the best features of the property. My upgraded room was very comfortable and surprisingly quiet considering the occupancy and bustle of this portion of Toronto. The Spa and Gym facilities are very good. The food is nothing special. Breakfast was good but very pricy. The Calamari appetizer served in the Azure Lounge was poor and convinced me to eat dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you received such exceptional “at your side” service from our front desk and concierge teams during your visit, as this is what we always strive to provide. It was also great to read that you not only enjoyed the comfort of your guestroom, but also had the opportunity to relax and experience our Spa Oasis and Fitness Centre.

I have shared your feedback regarding your dining experience with our Director of Food & Beverage, Mateus De Campos, who would be delighted to speak with you personally, as we are always looking for ways to improve. Please contact Mateus, at your convenience, at mateus.decampos@ihg.com.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay getting away from the ids for a long weekend. The entire staff was great, but special kudos go to Latoya who checked us in and was very sweet and knowledgeable about the area. The concierge with both Ian and Callym answering our myriad of questions with patience and knowledge. The doorman(I believe his name was Christian) but not sure. But as a bruin fan and wearing my hat with pride. We had a very nice banter back and forth about the bruin/leaf game that was going on Saturday night. He was working Saturday during the day I think and was definitely working Sunday morning as I flashed him the 3-1 signal with my hands. it was all good nature and i really enjoyed him liking his hometown team and the banter back and forth. The maid and maintenance were also very nice and professional. Kudos to all the staff, but especially these exceptional employees.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Michael F,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent visit! It is a pleasure to hear that our team provided you with such outstanding service during your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to personally recognize Latoya, Ian, Callum and Christian. We will definitely share your comments with them as well as with the rest of the team.

When planning your future visits to Toronto, please feel free to use me as your personal contact. I would be delighted to assist with your reservations and ensure your future experiences are just as memorable.

Thank you again and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really the perfect Downtown location. They were very excited about the newly renovated room I was in...but really it was OK - nothing special. That being said - it was clean and comfortable.

Food was, without exception, awful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear stairpotato2

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. While I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the comfort and cleanliness of our guestrooms, I would like apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in other areas.

I have shared your comments with our Director of Food & Beverage, Mateus De Campos, who would be delighted to discuss your experience in further detail. As we are always looking for ways to improve, we would love to know your thoughts on what we could do better. At your convenience, please contact Mateus at mateus.decampos@ihg.com.

Should there be anything I can personally assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Upon arriving at this hotel, I was in a flustered state due to driving in the city (and not being used to it!) However, the young woman who helped me out at the front desk, Samantha, made a wonderful impact on my mood. With a warm smile and refreshing authenticity, she assisted my checking-in process with efficiency and friendliness.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Lauren S,

It is great to read about the outstanding impact Samantha had on you from the moment you arrived. We always strive to brighten the days of our guests and we are so pleased that Samantha did this for you. We will be sure to share your kind remarks with her and we know she will be overjoyed to hear that she left such a positive impression on you.

Please let me know when you are planning your next visit, as I would be more than happy to assist with all of your future reservations. Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again.