“Just as good as before and gets a thumbs up.”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Quinte West, Canada
“Just as good as before and gets a thumbs up.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending the Bon Jovi concert at the ACC and tromping around TO.

Checkin was pleasant and quick and stayed in a room on the 15th floor.

Nice view of the bay and CN tower.

Room was clean and neat.

Ate supper at the Azure restaurant and the service and the meal were excellent.

Decided not too battle the football and concert goers so ate here.

We had breakfast included with our room and ate twice at the buffet and it was good and the service was excellent.

We used the concierge to buy tickets for Ripley's aquarium and they weere delivered to the room and it was very efficient and friendly.

Overall a pleasant experience and price was competitive with other hotels so we will return and give this place a thumbs up.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear steeeve,

It is great to hear that you such exceptional service you from our team in Azure as well as from our Concierge. We always aim to exceed our guests expectations and we are excited that we were successful in doing this for you.

When planning your next trip to Toronto, please contact me directly, as I would love the opportunity to optimize your reservation and ensure your next visit is just as flawless.

Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to your return.

M5V 2X3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice Hotel, in the centre of it all downtown , Entertainment district, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, The New Ripleys Aquarium, Bars restaurants, Union Station etc. Just don't eat their hwy robbery.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Cashual,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our central location during your recent visit. Our location truly does offer a great deal of convenience for both our leisure and business travelers and we are delighted that you had the opportunity to explore the nearby sites.

We have also shared your comments regarding our restaurant with our Director of Food & Beverage, Mateus De Campos, who is currently reviewing avenues of improvement with his team. Should you wish to discuss your experience in further detail, please feel free to contact Mateus directly at mateus.decampos@ihg.com.

If there is ever anything we can assist you with in the future, I invite you to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed November 1st. Hazel at the front desk displayed superb customer service skills; service with a smile! Room was clean and the decor was modern. Bed and pillows were so comfortable; didn't want to leave the room. Room size was more than enough as it was more of a corner room. Huge floor to ceiling windows. Did not use any of the amenities as we were attending the Women's Show. Will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear drbmw90,

Thank you for your comments. It was great to read that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations as well as the exceptional service you received from Hazel. Hazel always strives to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are thrilled that she was successful in doing this for you. We will be sure to share your kind remarks with her as well as recognize her internally.

Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next stay as I would be more than happy to assist in any way. Hopefully during your next visit, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the many other amenities our hotel has to offer. Once again, thank you for reviewing us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hotel room was nice, however found a hair on the sheets when I lifted the covers a bit of a yuck!! but we had to wait over 2 hours to check in, we did get a free drink voucher but it did put a notch in our plans for the day and the free drink was not quite enough. Front desk a little rude as well and I felt that for the inconvenience that they should have at least discounted our hotel bill and an apology would have been nice as check in is 3 and we did not get our room til after 5. Breakfast was amazing and the waiter we had was first class all the way!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear summergirl340,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns with us on TripAdvisor. While I was pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience in Azure, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for shortfalls that occurred during your stay with us. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your guestroom as well as your wait at check-in have been addressed with the appropriate departments who will be reviewing ways to improve in both of these areas.

Our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, who oversees both our Front Office and Housekeeping departments, would appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience in further detail. Please feel free to contact Christian at your convenience at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

Thank you again for reviewing us and we hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you in the near future.

Point Clark, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

To begin with, there was particles of something brown stuck to the bottom of the sink. All kinds of marks on the draps that looked like dried bodily fluids (including a brown one). A dark brown palm-sized smudge in the shower (either the last person dyed their hair here or I don't want to know what that is!). Scratchy towels. Forced to use their bell hops!! (Just rude!!). Oh. And no mention of internet in the binder in the room, but found a $13.95 charge for it on my bill for the girlfriend's phone (there was no indication to her when she activated it)

No, not staying here ever again!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank fischersd
Dear fischersd,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that the service you received is not indicative of the level of service our team strives to provide.

I have shared your comments with our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, who oversees both our housekeeping and front office departments and he would appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty as well as to discuss your experience in further detail. Please contact Christian at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We look forward to speaking with you soon and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference for 2 nights, the hotel room was nice enough, never really had to interact with any staff while I was there, but when I got home, I realized that I had left my $80 sonic care electric tooth brush in the bath room. So I called the hotel immediately. I was transfer to the their lost and found dept. where I left a message as there was no live person to talk to. The recorded message from the lost and found dept. stated that someone would call me back within 24 hours. This did not happen so I called again. Two days later still no call, so I called again and asked to speak with the hotel manager. Once again I was transferred to voice message, I have yet to speak with a live person. This kind of service is pretty poor considering how much you pay to stay at this hotel, very disappointing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wongchez
Dear Wongchez,

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us. I would like to apologize for the delay in our teams response and can assure you that this is not indicative of the level of service we are known to provide.

I have shared your comments with our Director of Security, Darryl Hill, who has advised that he has contacted you directly to provide follow up regarding the item you left behind. Should you wish to get in touch with Darryl, please feel free to contact him at 416-597-5198 or via e-mail at darryl.hill@ihg.com.

I have also provided my contact details below, as I would also love the opportunity to regain your loyalty, and ensure your next experience is a flawless one.

Thank you again for reviewing us and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you in the near future.

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This place looks impressive as you come in, a soaring lobby and wide open space. My check in was painless, despite there being an initial difficulty finding my booking and payment data, it was solved quickly and without hassle. I was given a great room on the 10th floor. It was very spacious and included hardwood floors at the entry, with tile and Berber for the bathroom and main area respectively. The amenities were generous as might be expected for a hotel chain like this. Workspace was equally generous, with a movable oval side table that when combined with the principal desk made a great workstation. The Bose in-room audio system was fantastic! Blew me away with its clarity and power. It could also play DVDs to the tv.

The window seat had a chaise longer built into it where you could lie down and enjoy a front row seat view of the CN tower.

There is a club lounge, and although my room was on a "Club" floor(8-9-10) and seemed to be similarly fitted up as was described in the manual, I did not have club lounge access, but it could be purchased as an add-on. I politely declined, was just curious about what is to be found there.

I ordered room service and was impressed at how quickly my order arrived, and the food quality was stellar.

The hotel is perfectly situated, near the main subway lines, CN Tower, Via Rail train station, Billy Bishop airport, tons of shopping, restaurants, convention centre, and always a line of taxis waiting outside to take you anywhere further out.

All in all, a very nice hotel with clean modern rooms, very personalized service and near. All the great stuff Toronto had to offer.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nebulaboy
Dear nebulaboy,

Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular views from your guestroom as well as indulge in our private dining menu. Our culinary team will be overjoyed to read that your meal exceeded your expectations.

Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip to the city of Toronto, as I would be happy to personally handle your reservation. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.