InterContinental Toronto Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
  • Room Service
2,874 results
All reviewscn towerazure restaurantunion stationfront streetclub floorwithin walking distancejunior suiteripley's aquariumattending a conferencevalet parkingvery nice hotelhockey hall of famelake ontarioentertainment districthigh floorblue jaysair canada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The place to stay while you are in Toronto. Everyone from the Greeter at the front door to the valet to the front desk smile and are incredibly helpful. Probably one of the most comfortable sleeps I have had in a very long time. Some great restaurants in proximity.. The Tap House and Burger Brats on Adelaide come to mind, just a short walk/drive away. This property is a testament to the IHG standard.

Room Tip: Floors 3-7 are GREAT.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear bob g,

Thank you for providing us with such a wonderful review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our superior service from the moment you arrived. It is always our goal to ensure our guests have exceptional experiences with us and we are overjoyed that our team was successful in exceeding all of your expectations.

Please let us know when you are planning your next trip to Toronto, as I would be delighted to personally handle your reservation and ensure your next stay is just as memorable. Thank you again for your kind remarks and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Although we didn’t book “12 months in advance” as most suggested we should, we were able to book a room a few months out for our stay in Toronto during TIFF. The Intercontinental downtown is fresh or freshly upgraded, modern and well located – and we found most of the venues for TIFF an easy walk.

We booked a double-double and were upgraded to a Intercontinental Club room , which came with a range of add-ons like the complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea and hors d' d'oeuvres each day in the club lounge plus free WIFI. We found the WIFI to be patchy – I had no problem accessing on my iPhone but my friend had much better access from the lounge than in our room on her iPad.

The room itself looks new, is spotlessly clean and is generous in size with plenty of space, even with 2 double beds, a desk and chair, side table, console with minibar fridge etc etc etc. The bed and pillows are probably the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel anywhere. And the bathroom is also large with bench space to accommodate the toiletries of 2 ladies. (This is unusual so worth noting).

The desk staff and concierge provide a helpful and friendly service, but the bar staff were like the WIFI – patchy service. The checkin and checkout process was easy and fast. I would definitely recommend the Intercontinental downtown as a great business class hotel as it ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Oz4,
Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are very excited that our convenient location and comfortable accommodations met your needs for your recent visit during TIFF. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the added benefits of our Club InterContinental Level and as well as the space our Club InterContinental guestroom provided.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the service you received from our Concierge and Front Desk teams and appreciate your feedback regarding the service you received at the bar. We will be sure to follow up with our Manager in Azure to ensure this concern is addressed and rectified.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and was really disappointed by how stingy it was despite charging a fortune per night. I understand it is downtown Toronto and hotels are expensive but charging $5 dollars to use a microwave to warm up leftovers purchased at Azure (the hotel's own restaurant) which was around $50 dollars for one person is a little ridiculous. I also asked if there was a business centre to print some papers and they told me that I could use a credit card to pay, I was surprised they even charged for printing something. Breakfast was also ridiculously expensive given that there was nothing special about it, not to mention half a glass (if so) of orange juice is $6 dollars and not even coffee is included. I was afraid to use the soap, shampoo or grab the newspaper and other things that are normally complimentary at other hotels fearing I was going to be charged an obscene amount. The staff both at the restaurant and at the front desk were not friendly and always seemed to be in a rush, something that was surprising to me given the caliber of this hotel.
I do have to say that the room was really clean, the gym was nice and the view of the CN tower from the room was amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Santiagu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the views and cleanliness of our guestrooms, I am disappointed that we failed to exceed your overall expectations.

I would love to personally address your concerns and have the opportunity to speak with you in further detail. I have provided my contact details below and invite you to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you again for reviewing us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The room was spacious and had enough closet and drawer space for putting things away for our stay of 5 days. The room was clean, though a bit warn. We were, however, told that the floor we were on was coming due for renovations. The staff were helpful. The SPA area is mediocre ... and the pull is nice to do laps in and paddle around in a bit. The hotel location - adjoining the Convention Centre for being handy to a great many of the key attractions in the downtown. What it is not good for is finding a quick corner store - that's about a 7-10 min walk, which if fine, once you know it. We stayed here because we were at a convention. If I were in town to have a vacation, dine, shop, etc., I would like go more central downtown. That, however, is personal preference, as the IC location still provides good proximity to things.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellingdoris

Dear travellingdoris,

Thank you for your feedback. While I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed the service you received from our team during your visit, I am disappointed that we were unable to exceed all of your expectations.

I am delighted to let you know that we do have a gift shop available in our lower lobby, which provides an abundance to items that our guests may require while traveling. I am also happy to share that our newly renovated guestrooms are now complete and I’m certain you will enjoy the refreshed look.

Should you wish to discuss any details of your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. I am certain if given the opportunity we can regain your loyalty and ensure your future visits are flawless.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had such a great SPA experience, I had to share!

I am going through a very stressful/emotional time in my life, and decided to treat myself to a day of relaxation, lounging by the pool and enjoy some water therapy. I thought to visit the Scandinave Spa at Blue Mountain... but that would have been a long stressful drive. I found the InterContinental Toronto Centre Spa through a Google search and thought to give it a shot.

I visited on Saturday, September 28, 2013. I was not a guest at the hotel, but had come in on a day pass to use the facilities. Unfortunately, there were a few 'hiccups' during my visit and I was pretty upset about it, as I had travelled in by GO train, and had nowhere else to go.

Thanks to the wonderful Spa service team: Robert, Claudia(Receptionist) and Donna(Spa Manager), they quickly addressed the 'hiccups' and turned a potential sad experience to an amazing experience. To say they went above and beyond to cheer me up would not be enough. I would say they went to the moon and back to ensure I had a wonderful time. They were all so caring, thoughtful and continued to check in with me throughout my visit to be sure I was content and always had a smile. I felt truly blessed and felt like the luckiest girl that day.

Thank you so much for the experience and the memories. I highly recommend this spa to anyone looking for a restful day of relaxation in the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank natty_natty_s

Dear natty_natty_s,

Thank you for sharing kind comments regarding your recent experience at The Spa InterContinental. I was touched after reading your story and glad that Robert, Claudia and Donna provided the tranquil and relaxing experience you needed. We aim to provide “at your side” service to all of our guests and I know that our Spa team will be touched by your recognition.

Should there ever be anything we can do to assist you with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to let us know. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to your return.