“Sisters Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #22 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Thunder Bay
“Sisters Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel is in a good location on Front Street. Close to many restaurants: Joe Badali's Italian, East Side Marios, Caseys, The Lone Star, Chipolte... There is a food court across the street in Simcoe Place with a Timmy's great for breakfast & a marketplace for snacks & drinks. Hotel prices very high-$5 for pop or water, restaurant breakfast buffet $28-too much for my budget. A short walk from the Porter shuttle location. 15 minute walk up Yonge to the Eaton's centre. Taxis outside the door all the time, no waiting ever. Very helpful staff. There is a concierge desk but we didn't use it. Very nice hotel.
We used the spa, hot tub & pool, a great experience-very professional, clean & enjoyable.
Very clean, well maintained hotel. We used hot wire to book the hotel so we had a great rate.

Room Tip: We were beside the ice machine & thought it might be an issue & also on the side of union s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear EscapeTBay,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. It is always our goal ensure our guests received the best of service and we are glad that out team was able to exceed your expectations in this area.

We thank you for your feedback in regards to some of our pricing and are happy to inform you that we now have a convenience store located in our lower lobby that offers snacks, drinks as well as other travel items our guests may need.

When booking your next stay, please contact us directly so we may personally handle your reservation details. We would love to ensure that your next stay is even more memorable than this past once.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hubbards, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A prime location for a hotel with shopping, restaurants and pubs within walking distance. The rooms were beautiful, ours had a direct view of the CN Tower. Room was spacious, as was the bathroom and the beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was super friendly and very accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a more comfortable stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and can not wait to visit Toronto again for another stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water, it is a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crystal G,

Thank you for your comments.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us recently. Our team strives to provide our guests with exceptional “at your side” service and we are thrilled that we had the opportunity to deliver this to you.

Please do let us know when you are planning to return as we would love to personally see to your reservation and ensure your expectations are exceeded once again.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Toronto.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

A great location with lots of restaurants and other things around. Stayed for two nights on business. The room is very nice, modern and comfortable. The bathroom seems to be half upgraded - the vanity is new and modern but the bath and shower seem old. The shower is not great. The bed is comfortable but the pillows are a bit lumpy.

Breakfast buffet - had breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Nice buffet - it's not huge but has lots of fresh fruit and an omelet station.

Nice hotel, I will stay here again when in town on business.

Room Tip: I was in room 1204 - nice room but over the train tracks. We could heare the trains starting at abo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear orange-hats,

Thank you for your comments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly are located at the centre of it all, offering convenience for the both business and leisure travelers. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast offered at Azure Restaurant and Bar. Our culinary team strives to provide a variety of selection to ensure our guests get the best start to their day.

Please let us know when you are planning to return so we may see your reservation personally. We would love to ensure that your next stay is even more memorable than this past one.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Toronto.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the intercontinental was very nice but not really what I expected. We stayed in a deluxe room on the 14th floor, the description was "spacious" although the room felt very small with no more then a little room for walking. When we booked the room, I had booked a "superior room" but then shortly after I changed my preference to a "deluxe room" and then confirmed it personally via email with the reservations desk prior to arrival. When we checked in, we were told that they could not accommodate our 4:00 check out that was a part of their "luxury weekends package" but to insure our return, they would like to update us to the "deluxe room". This was confusing I told them, as I had allready booked a deluxe room, and confirmed it weeks prior. The gentalmen who was checking us in interrupted me to insist that the booking was for a superior room, and for us to rest assured he was updating our room to "insure our return". Despite the room being small and the obvious miscommunication in the reservation department, the decor and furnishing was very beautiful and had the comfiest bed I've ever slept on! Located near everything. I would stay at the intercontinental again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear YoungWildFree,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your nights rest during your stay with us. I must agree that our beds are “fall asleep in an instant” comfortable! We would like to apologize for the mis-communication you experienced while checking in. We will be following up with both our front office and reservations departments to ensure these complications are avoided in future.

However, we are delighted that we have gained you as a loyal guest and look forward to welcoming you back in future. Please contact either myself or our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, when booking your next reservation as we would love the opportunity to express our gratitude and ensure all goes smoothly during your next stay. I have provided my contact detail below and Christian can be contacted via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

Thank you again for reviewing us and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here March 24-26 in room 906. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The check-in was very quick and before we knew it we were in our room, and with an upgrade no less. Room was clean and confortable. The furniture is a bit dated. The chair in our room had a tear on one of the arms. Also noticed a lot of very obvious stains on the carpet, that should be cleaned. Also noticed dirty room service plates sat in the hallway for a longtime before being taken away. It's kind of an eyesore, you'd think any staff member passing by could pick them up. Also, had some issues with the person above us walking around at 5am in high heels and waking us up. Not the best sleep we've had, and really makes you wonder what are people thinking??? However, not the fault of the hotel. The continental breakfast was great, with a really nice selection. Also enjoyed the complimentary appies from 6-8pm. The staff really stood out for their dedication to customer service. Always willing to help, answer any questions and make sure you were looked after. Overall, a very nice hotel to stay with a great location. Hotel could use a bit of jazzing up - but we'd stay at the Intercontinental again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south will have the best view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TnJAdvents
Dear TnJAdvents,

Thank you for reviewing us.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. We are glad that the extra amenities offered on our Club InterContinental level were to your liking, and we will be sure to share your kind comments with the team. Our Club Team truly does aim to please and we are thrilled that they exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate your feedback you provided us with as it lets us know of the areas we can improve in. We have shared your feedback in regards to the room service trays with the appropriate departments, to ensure we improve in this area.

Overall, we are overjoyed that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please contact me directly when planning your next stay as I would love to personally handle your reservation and express my gratitude for your ongoing loyalty.

London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for the weekend in March 22-24.
Overall the hotel was great with great staff and perfect location.
My one complaint was that I found the beds to be very uncomfortable and way too firm. I was bothered by this so much that I would hesitate to return to this location again. Normally this is not an issue for me, but my wife agreed that the bed was pretty terrible.
Otherwise, everything else was really great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mike R,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

We are very grateful for your input and are sure that for a return visit we would be able to adjust to meet your preferences. We understand that each of our guests' preferences differ therefore we are able and willing to adjust accordingly to ensure you and your wife's satisfaction.

We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to hotel and we have noted your feedback and preferences on your profile. Please do let us know if you are planning a trip back so we can discuss the best possible options for you and your wife. You can either contact myself or our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to hearing from your soon.

Rochester, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel gives the image of a 4-star hotel, but while their lobby and fitness area fit this description, nothing else does. I paid $14 for "hi-speed internet", which wouldn't have been a problem, however, the signal quality was awful. I did not see a router anywhere on our floor, and only got two bars of wireless internet. It was also not working very well. My computer was sending information, but not receiving it, and it was only doing so at 18-24 mbps, which is nowhere near hi-speed level. When I advised the concierge of this, he directed me to plug in my laptop(something not every device is available to do), which improved the connection to an advertised 100 mbps, but still having the same problem- computer sending twice as much information as it was receiving, and as a result, pages were loading slow and pictures were near impossible to upload. I called the concierge again, who apologized and stated he would connect me to his manager. It rang about 6 times, and went to the main automated system, like I had dialed the hotel from an outside line. I gave up.

The beds, pillows and blankets were very nice, and I was thankful to have at least one good experience to the hotel. When we got back to our room for the night, the hotel room was pretty warm to sleep in, so we attempted to change the thermostat and thought we had succeeded. The thermostat is a much older, cheap digital thermostat, however, is not backlit so if the lights are off and you want to change the temperature in the middle of the night, it is difficult. Also, there is no selection for "heat" and "cold" but just a way to select the temperature. We did so at about 11 pm last night, and it's 5 am now, and we are still several degrees away from the target temperature and the vent was blowing warm air. When I tried to fix this on the thermostat, I realized there are 3 arrows on the left side of the screen itself. One indicates the actual temperature. I'm assuming between the other two, one is for heating, and one is for cooling, however, there is no button whatsoever to toggle between the two. After fidgeting with it this morning, since it was so hot I couldn't sleep, I was able to adjust the second and third numbers, but I couldn't tell you how to repeat that process. I would explain all of this to the front desk or concierge, but after being routed to the automated system after a staff member offered to send me to a manager, I doubt I could speak to anyone or get any sort of compensation for our problems.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear cwilli17,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

I would like to take this time to apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experience you had during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that the service you received is not indicative of the service we are known to provide.

I have shared your comments in regards to the complications you experienced with our internet and in-room thermostat with the appropriate departments. We take feedback from our guests very seriously and will be reviewing these issues to ensure we improve in these areas.

Our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, would love to discuss your experience in further detail and have the opportunity to regain your loyalty. Please contact Christian at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We look forward to speaking with you and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.