“Great hotel and location”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great weekend in Toronto, used this hotel as a quick stop over and did some sight seeing while I was in the area. The hotel looks dated from the outside, however it's very nice once you get in, the hotel helped in booking a great place to eat and were very helpful. Room was large and the breakfast was lovely, however slightly expensive.

Room Tip: Go for a room on a higher floor to avoid the hussle and bussle of the streets below.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Ricardo N,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to ensure our guests’ needs are met, whether they are visiting for a quick stopover or for a week long conference. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast selection in Azure as well as the exceptional service our team provided during your stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 2 nights and I was amazed with the service that we received. The attendants at the valet parking were very pleasant and made you feel at home as soon as you arrived. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms were very clean, the staff very friendly and everything was perfect in every aspect of what a hotel should be. This hotel is great for families as well as couples. The location is very convenient for getting around the city of Toronto. My kids enjoyed the short walk over to the CN Tower and the Steam Whistle Brewery. A perfect location for a perfect hotel. Keep up the great work! I will defnintely come back for another family R&R and let others know about this great hotel that you can call a second home.

Shobna D

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, I have to say that the service at the hotel was great and the lobby looked amazing! However, most of us, when traveling really only care about our rooms. while the bed was comfortable, there were details that I found to be very unfortunate.

For intance:
- peeling paint on the closet doors
- stains on the walls (spilled Pepsi?) - GROSS!
While these are not amenities, I do expect these type of things to be taken care off when I visit a hotel. I was here on business and had many options and really believe that I will most likely not stay there again. Just something about the room seemed outdated, old, and dirty.

See the pictures for yourself.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank W000rldTravels
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear W000rldTravels,

Thank you for your review.

While I am pleased to hear that you received excellent service during your recent stay with us, I would like to apologize for not falling below your expectations. It is always our goal to ensure our guests needs are met, and I am disappointed that we were unable to do this for you in all areas.

I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments in order to ensure we improve in the areas you mentioned.

We would love the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience further. Please contact Christian Potvin, Director of Rooms, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We look forward to speaking with you and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great hotel, great staff, great location, great restaurant, great price. And a stunning view on the CN Tower! We stayed at the Hotel over NYE, and it was also very calm. Would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to room on top floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bea_Lah
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Bea_Lah,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this past New Years Eve. It is our goal to create lasting memorable moments for our guests and we are thrilled that we were able to do this for you while celebrating the new year!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Having lived near Toronto my whole life I have never experienced downtown quite like I did on this last trip, largely due to staying at the Intercontinental. The location is perfect with an absolutely gorgeous view, within walking distance to most everything you need. As I was attending a seminar at the conference centre it was extremely convenient being able to stay indoors in the morning to arrive for the first speakers and not have to bring much baggage as I was so close to my room.

I cannot say enough about the staff and their friendliness. Staying only two nights I developed a friendly rapport with two of the employees and enjoyed our friendly banter throughout our encounters during the day.

The rooms are nicely updated and were very warm and welcoming. Everything was extremely clean and was all in perfect working order. I am usually very picky when it comes to the bed but this one was fantastic with lovely bedding.

Even though I stayed for business purposes it felt more like a leisurely stay in Toronto simply because of how great the hotel was. I will definitely be staying here again when I need to visit Toronto in the future.

Room Tip: Ask to face the water to have a view of the CN tower
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Kristin R,

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. Our team always strives to provide a welcoming environmental with exceptional service and we are pleased they were able to provide both to you.

Whether attending an event at the MTCC or travelling for leisure our location can’t be beat and we are thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy the convenience.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the city.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Not my first stay in the InterContinental Toronto Centre, but every time I stay there I get the best service and the best treatment. Their respect and accommodation of the client need is very impressive, staff are friendly and doing their best to satisfy the client. Each time I go to Toronto I don’t stay but in the InterContinental Toronto Centre.

Room Tip: 11th floor was the best this time
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear MohamedSK,

Thank you for your review.

We are so thrilled that the InterContinental Toronto Centre is your choice hotel when visiting Toronto. We strive to create memorable moments and provide exceptional service to our guests, and we are pleased to have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the city.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to others visiting Toronto. The location is ideal. You are within walking distance to everything (ie...restaurants, shopping, nightlife).

I really liked our room. It was just your basic king room, but it also had like a sitting/living room of sorts with a tv in it as we'll. my husband was able to watch football while laying in bed and I was able to watch some shows on TLC.

This hotel also had a really enjoyable spa. The girl,Leslie, did my mani/pedi did a really nice job.

We would definitely come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear heidiwhirley,

Thank you for your comments.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. It is always our goal to ensure our guests needs are met and we are pleased that we were able to for this for you. The SPA InterContinental truly is a great place to relax and unwind, and you kind comments will definitely be shared with Leslie.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.