“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Canada
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

have stayed here a number of times over the course of the last few years. The hotel is very comfortable, and well situated in downtown TO. The addition of a Keurig coffee machine in the rooms was a nice touch. Rooms are clean, comfortable, a little predict-able generic hotel decor. Could probably do with a little updating here and there. Overall a comfortable and relaxing stay with friendly staff. Although i have to say this time around it was a little costly, even for downtown Toronto.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Cashmra,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and convenient location during your stay with us. We always strive to meet our guests needs and are happy we were able to meet yours during your recent stay.

We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and was very impressed. The lobby is beautiful and very spacious. I was given a room on the 23rd floor with a spectacular city view (including the CN Tower).

Fitness Centre is great and has lots of equipment. It was busy early in the morning but I never waited for a treadmill or machine.

Ordered room service on my first night (late Sunday night and everything was closed) and was surprisingly impressed. The clubhouse was delicious and the fries were equally as good.

My only complaints were that the wireless internet was very slow at times (for some reason my laptop wouldn't recognize the hard wired connection) and the in-room thermostat didn't seem to get much warmer than its original setting. In fairness, I didn't bring either of these to the attention of the hotel staff so they may have been easy fixes.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the higher floors for a great view, but avoid them if you are afraid of heights...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Kristin M,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is always to meet our guest’s expectations and we are pleased that we were able to do this for you.

Thank you for bringing the difficulties you experienced with our internet and in-room thermostat to our attention. We will be looking into this further to ensure these issues are resolved.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental hotel and I expected a little more. The rooms were very nice, we had a great corner room with a view of Lake Ontario but some of the services were lacking. We had to ask for bottles of water everyday since there is no store in the lobby where we could purchase our own. After the chamber maid cleaned our room there were still dirty dishes left behind and even though we put them in the hall it still took better part of the day for them to be removed.
The pool area was nice but didn't have enough chairs leaving people to sit on the tile floor if they wanted to read the paper or a book. We had asked for a lend of a trolly to bring a few boxes up to a trade show next door that we were attending and even though they were very light they charged us $ 2.50 per item even though it took only 15 minutes to move the boxes.I would think this would have been a curtesy on behalf of the hotel.
The prices at Azure restaurant where a little high in my opinion for the quality of food you received and the staff should try to put a smile on their face at least when they serve you.
I think the best part of our stay was at the check in when a very nice and helpful young lady named Latoya greeted us with a warm smile and many helpful tips regarding our stay and what we could see in the city for that weekend.
In a way i'm glad I stayed there so I know not to stay there again.
Steve Simpson

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Steve S
Dear Steve S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

While I am pleased to hear your xheck-in experience with Latoya was a positive one, I would like to apologize for falling below your expectations in other areas. I can assure you that this is not the level of service we are known to provide.

We value the feedback of our guests as it provides us with the insight we need to improve our services. I have communicated your comments with the appropriate departments in order to ensure we address the areas you mentioned.

We would love to discuss your experience further as well as have the opportunity to regain your loyalty. In order to do so, please contact Christian Potvin, Director of Rooms, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming your back in the future.

Charlottetown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was disappointed to arrive and find out the hotel had been overbooked so I wasn't able to get the type of room I'd reserved. I was told some guests were being relocated and that just because I'd booked a room with a king bed, it was not a guarantee to get it (that the online booking system just tells them what I'd LIKE to have not what the hotel has to give me). I have stayed in many hotels for work and this is the first time anything like this has happened at check-in. My first night was spent in a room with 2 beds on the 5th floor. The bathroom counter was dirty in that room, and the shampoo bottle was only half full which made me wonder if someone else had already used it. The mattress on the bed I slept in seemed uneven and didn't allow for a restful night. Based on my first night stay I would have rated this hotel a 2-3. However, the next morning I asked if a room with a king bed had come available, and was given a wonderful corner room on the 22nd floor for the next 3 nights. The view was fantastic, the room was much cleaner, and the layout was 100% of what I would have expected when I made the initial reservation. Aside from one morning when the bathroom was only partially cleaned, the rest of my stay was excellent. The hotel was quiet and restful. The quality of food was only fair compared to other similar calibre hotels I've stayed in. That being said, this hotel would be in my top 3 choices of places to stay in Toronto (but I'd be hesitant to book for fear they wouldn't honour the room choice I made online).

1 Thank IslandCacher
Dear IslandCacher,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the disappointment you experienced upon check-in. We do understand how frustrating this can be and always try our best to avoid these situations. However, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the King room you received on the 22nd floor. We are always striving to meet our guests expectations and we are glad that we were able to do so during the better half of your stay.

To ensure your needs are met during your next stay, please contact Christian Potvin, Director of Rooms, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com to book your reservation.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, she gave us access to the club level. Actually all staff are very professional and helpful. However, the hotel is not to be compared to other intercontinental hotels around the world. It is old, and it needs refurbishing.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a high floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sahar J
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Sahar J,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service you received during your recent stay with us, we are disappointed to hear that we were unable to exceed all of your expectations.

To touch on one of the points you made, I am pleased to inform you that we are currently looking at options to upgrade our guestrooms in the near future.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you once again with the exceptional InterContinental service we are known for.

Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed there many times over the last couple of years, as my wife has monthly businees trips to Toronto. We are lucky enough to always stay on the club level floors. This purpose of this review is to give the Vera,Stephany,Jessica and Cherise(sorry if thats spelled wrong)the four ladies who work the club level conciearge a pat on the back. These ladies go above and beyond to make sure we have everything we need and since we are normally travelling with a 2 year old. As every parent knows the way to there heart is threw there child...wether its early check-ins or late check outs or finding us the largest room possible they alwasy come through for us....and lets not forgot giving my son a birthday cake for breakfast.
Thank you ladies for always makeing our stays the best possible

Room Tip: try and get on the club level....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear jnancekivell75,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Our ladies on Club truly are exceptional and we are so pleased that they have continued to provide you with great service over the years. They truly know what it means to go above and beyond the call of duty and we thank you for giving them such great recognition, I can assure you we will do the same!

Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Orleans, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times over the last decade on business and family trips. The location on Front Street one block away from Union Station (for commuter rail and the TTC/subway) and a short cab ride to the Billy Bishop (Toronto Island) airport is ideal and as close to perfect as one can get.

There are a host of restaurants and dining options for all budgets within walking distance and you can quickly walk to Air Canada Centre (hockey, basketball, concerts, etc.) or the Rogers Centre (football, baseball, concerts, etc.).

The IC hotel is also directly connected to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which is great for conference delegates, especially during the winter months.

Food is good in the downstairs restaurant, the fitness facility, spa and small pool on the 2nd floor are good for a workout or relaxation.

Finally, rooms are modern, spacious and well-equipped.

This hotel is an exemplar for the Intercontinental Brand and trustmark.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear WJR-041,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are always striving to meet our guests expectations and we are glad that we have been able to exceed yours.

We are happy that you have enjoyed our amenities, service and convenient location over the years and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.