“Internet ripoff-Beware!”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Expect to pay for your wireless Internet in this establishment: $13.95 PER DEVICE for 24hrs. This may add significantly to the otherwise reasonable room rate if you need to sync your laptop, phone and iPad or have multiple users in your party. Watch also for room service add-ons.
We chose this hotel on position and price and reputation. We were impressed with room and intended to return next week for another overnight. But we will find somewhere less stingy, thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear flickfish,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

While I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, I am disappointed that you left feeling dissatisfied with your overall stay.

We apologize that our internet rates were not communicated to prior to your stay. I have passed your comments onto the appropriate departments in order to ensure that we address and improve in the areas you mentioned.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further please contact Christian Potvin, our Director of Rooms at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at, christian.potvin@ihg.com.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future to provide you with the exceptional InterContinental experience we are known for.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,801)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my first stay at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre. The service at check-in (including the door man) was great. I wasn't offered an upgrade (even for $) but didn't mind. The hotel lobby looks great - very open and modern. The restaurant at the hotel seems upscale, although I didn't end up going because I waited for a couple of minutes to be seated and then left when no one assisted. There are a lot of other restaurants close by.

My room was decent - pretty much what you would expect for a business hotel. The room was clean but getting a bit dated. I did have some issues with the blinds (which resulted in a late night visit from hotel staff), the weight scale (which didn't work - I only wanted to try it out of interest), and the cleaning staff who knocked and then just walked in without waiting for me to reply.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Right in downtown and close to the business district. It is easy to take a taxi anywhere.

The spa at the hotel was small but the service was great. Its not cheap but that is to be expected. I had to check out early and had a late flight but the hotel didn't have a spare room that I could use to freshen up. Instead, they gave me access to the spa which wasn't as convenient as a room but served its purpose.

I would consider staying at this hotel again but would probably try the Westin or someplace else first.

1  Thank ToucanSm
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear travellerR2007,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are so pleased to hear that you received the quality service we are known for from the moment you arrived at our hotel. However, I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations in other areas.

I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments, in order to ensure that we improve in the areas you mentioned.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further please contact our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin, at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with the whole of my stay at the hotel
I can not understand how this hotel is considered a luxury hotel. The room is relatively normal as were the staff and the food, which is very expensive, is tasteless, inventiveness and low abundance In addition, the rooms are so poorly insulated that hear someone walked in the corridor to the other end of the floor when we are in our room. Avoid the continental breakfast (which is bad) and room service. Before playing a luxury hotel, start by offering quality.

1  Thank Jeremy X
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Jeremy X,

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had during your recent stay with us.

I can assure you that this is not the level of service we are known to provide, as we are always striving to ensure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. I have shared your comments with both our Director of Food and Beverage, Mateus De Campos, as well as our Director of Rooms, Christian Potvin. I have provide their contact information below, as they are both very interested in speaking with you further about your experience.

Mateus De Campos
Director of Food & Beverag
Tel: 416-597-8120
E-mail: mateus.decampos@ihg.com

Christian Potvin
Director of Rooms
Tel: 416-597-8190
E-mail: christian.potvin@ihg.com

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for many times over the past 10 years and have always found the rooms clean and well maintained. The service at the front desk is always excellent and the amenities are very good (the hotel has a great gym). The hotel is attached to the Toronto Convention Centre, so if you are attending a convention this is the best place to stay. Many of the floors and rooms have been recently renovated and are very nice. I would recommend this place to the business traveller or anyone visiting downtown Toronto.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room on an upper floor. Great views.

Dear Dan S,

We are so pleased to hear that we have continued to meet and exceed your expectations over the past 10 years. Are goal is always to ensure our guests needs are met and we are happy that we have continued to do this for you on every occasion.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently for an event at the Air Canada Centre and we were not disappointed. This was my third time staying at this hotel. It is close to everything, staff are extremely helpful. The rooms are clean and beautiful and the windows have great views of the city. No complaints at all!

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view, facing the CN tower is great at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear soccermom154995,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We are always striving to provide the best of service to all of our guests and we are so pleased to hear that you have continued to receive this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed in the Intercontinental for a week. Being ambassador members, we were upgraded to a club level room. Club lounge was spacious, great view of the cn tower, good variety of snacks in the afternoon. The breakfast selection however was pretty limited, I would call it continental plus. The room itself was quite nice, a corner room with a huge tv and a great lake/cn tower view. The bathroom could need some renovation, it was pretty old school. The staff in the lounge was overall okay, ranging from really nice (a young german lady) to quite grumpy and desinterested. I did not complain since we were in the lounge on an upgrade, but if I had been a full fare club level guest, I would have specifically said something to of those rather grumpy and unhelpfull ladies. We woud come back, although the decision to come back would be easier if the hotel undergoes some renovation in the meantime.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sano1980,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations on our Club InterContinental Level as well as the afternoon canapés. While I am glad to hear that you received superior service from most of our employees, I would like to apologize for your experience with those employees who did not provide you with the exceptional service our hotel is known for.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please contact Christian Potvin, our Director of Rooms at 416-597-8190 or via e-mail at christian.potvin@ihg.com.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Only a one night stay but the experience was great. Great room and excellent service with a smile. Being connected to the Metro Convention center is also a plus. Lots if restaurants and store nearby. I would return without a doubt. Congratulations to the staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear etaillefer,

We are happy to hear that our team was able to win you over in just one night. We are always striving to ensure that all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased that our team was able to exceed your expectations.