“Excellent Club Lounge”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Booked Standard King room @ CAA/AAA $155. Originally upgraded to 2 room suite on 16th flr. At check-in was recommended a better 2-room on the 9th w/lake-CN Tower view w/ Club access #925 Premier Suite. Terrific room with separate entrance-connected business lounge w/ 1/2 bath, large King bedroom/bathroom, lots of windows, Bose sound + LCD TV's in both. Comfortable, Clean, well stocked. No issues getting mini-bar refilled. Accurate billing, mini-bar & internet wiped w/o asking.

Excellent Club Lounge - one of the best I've used. Stayed on a weekend. Personalized attention from great staff with lots of selection despite few guests.

Good: All contact with staff were friendly and helpful. Seemed to try extra for AmB. Excellent Spa facility (except pool) and clean. Great restaurant w/ live Jazz band although short on waiter staff at nights.

Bad: Small pool/hot tub area (still lg compared IC Yorkville). Easily overwhelmed and really need a separate area for paying Spa guests.

Excellent value. Absolutely return.

Room Tip: Join the IC Ambassador Program - A little extra leverage on upgrades
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TM643
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear T M,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to provide the best of service to ensure our guest have a pleasant stay, and we are glad that you had the opportunity to experience this.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

E-mail: Jessica. Webb@ihg.com

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I am not sure what type of room I had, but the layout was fabulous for a weeklong business trip. A King size bed and a separate area with a small couch and coffeetable. I was able to have impromptu meetings in my room without feeling like my colleagues were staring at my pajamas. THe house keeping staff was great, the room was well kept. Weird that they didn't have any XL robes when I called the desk, I've never had a hotel say no to delivering a larger robe to the room, especially since I know they had them in the spa. The pool is great, Long enough to swim in, saline rather than clorine, so goggles weren't necessary to get a decent swim in. The spa was just okay, not worth the prices in my opinion ($165 w/ tax and tip for a 60 minute massage), but not terrible.

1  Thank RefreshinglyFrank
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Dear RefreshinglyFrank,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our accommodations as well as the service provided by our housekeeping employees.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming your back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights on a business trip and the rooms were very clean and spacious. I was surprised at the quality of the mattress and pillows on the beds but happy with the sleep that I got because of them. I would definetely stay there again. The view was also great as I was overlooking Lake Ontario.

1  Thank Gerry733
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Gerry733,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming your back soon for another comfortable nights sleep.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

this hotel was definitely below expectations!! i booked a bi level suite and still had unpleasant experience. Staff was very rude and unhelpful untill they saw i had Royal Ambassador status. with that said room was decent. however overall it was a very disappointing experience! would not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank zak L

Dear zak L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I apologize for the experience you had, as this is not the service we are known to provide. I have passed on your comments to the appropriate departments to ensure that we improve in the areas you mentioned.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future and if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Ungraded to a 2 level Suite without asking. Very Clean and the staff were terrific. Great location with easy access to the expressway. Only complaint would be that the Bathroom fixtures were not the same standard as the rest of the room. Great Breakfast Buffet.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank europeeveryyear
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

Dear europeeveryyear,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and are so glad that you had the opportunity to indulge in our buffet breakfast in Azure.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've been staying in Toronto for years. I've been staying at this hotel quite regularly over the last couple of years. I have to say that this hotel and it's staff are truly wonderful. I've never had a poor time and I actually look forward to staying there. The location is fabulous. The rooms have been redone. The views of Toronto or the lake are spectacular. The spa is great. You literally don't have to leave the hotel. My wife and I have spent many weekends just enjoying the hotel and what it has to offer. It's everything an Intercontinental should be and more!

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing north upper floors.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judy G

Dear Gilmour9393,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

We are so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We take pride in providing our guests with the most memorable experiences and impeccable service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is by far the biggest room I have been in. Just checked in yesterday. I am a platinum prioirty club member so breakfast is usually a given. But I was told that there was no such thing in this IC. At checkin I was told I HAD to produce the PC card (but the attendant was only a trainee, so no harm there). I will write a more updated review when I am done.