“Great stay - changed my mind about this hotel”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Waterloo, Ontario
“Great stay - changed my mind about this hotel”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

A few years ago, I went to this hotel and the service was terrible. I stayed away because of it. But I recently returned, reluctantly, because I was attending a function and it was just so convenient to stay in the same location. I am glad I did. The service this time was great. The check in lines were very long because so many people were attending the same event but they processed us quickly and had someone making sure everyone in line was ok. The rooms look the same as they did a few years back although a bit warn in some places. But the room is a good size, the TV is nice, the view is great, the room was VERY quiet and the beds were comfortable. The shower was not as warm as I like it in the morning, but it was manageable. We did not eat at the hotel but we did try their specialty Martini in Azure and it is fantastic (and I am not a big martini drinker) although the price is not for the faint of heart!. I usually use valet parking but decided to self park this time. It was really simple and a lot less expensive. Unless you are carrying a lot (we could only find stairs to get to the hotel), I would recommend the self park. Rarely do I change my mind on a location, but this hotel is now back in my good books.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kimosabi
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear kimosabi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are so pleased that we have met and exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to provide our guests with quality service and we are glad that you received the service you deserve.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

E-mail: Jessica.Webb@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We booked one night's getaway at this hotel and found it to be very nice. Right downtown (only steps from Union Station - GO Transit and TTC)...in my opinion the rooms were modern and well kept, staff were very pleasant and accomodating. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RozMyDog
Dear RozMyDog,

Thank you for your comments.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

London
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Nice hotel....can walk to anything in the downtown area or to the ferry to the Island.....all the amenities and right in the middle of the restaurant/bar area.....close to the train and subway for ease of travel

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank johnbalmer
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear johnbalmer,

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Parry Sound
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This hotel didn't double book the credit card this time, (it has twice before)...and the restaurant was atrocious again! We have an annual convention at the MCC every January, where at least 75 of us end up after dinner for some drinks and to catch up. As per usual, the bar Azure was understaffed....over priced, and completely disorganized. A line-up of us waited (and I timed it on the TV) 25 minutes for a drink.

The only reason I stay there is because generally I don't book it, I just end up staying with a colleague that books. The only good thing out of this trip, is that the valet was only 10 minutes, not it's regular 20, AND for the the first time again, we didn't get double billed for it.

The shower in our room ONLY had freezing cold water, or scalding hot water. When we told the staff, they said "Oh. That's too bad."

I highly recommend you stay elsewhere and pay the small cab fare to get to the Convention Centre if that's why you would book at the InterContinental.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Realt0rGal
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Realt0rGal,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage department.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Can any body tell me why the higher the grade of Hotel they try to rip you off on parking and then there's the $10.00 charge per day for wifi usage totaaly wrong when you consider that a Holiday Inn express does not charge for parking or wifi or local calls. That being said this hotel is superb ....the general areas are well appointed fand spacious, the location is second to none,and rooms are great, one of the best beds we have encountered .Would go back again....tip park across the street for $15.00 beats $40.00.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank richard p
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear flippindick,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations as well as our convenient location.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was a great place for a short stay. Elegant and open it was a little dark for my taste, but I could do it for two nights no problem. The staff "owns" the customer experience. It's really nice to be connected to the Convention Center if that is where you will be going.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear LinGal2001,

Thank you for your reviewing us. We take great pleasure in providing superior service to our guests and we are glad that you had the opportunity to experience this first hand.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I would not return to place but the metro convention centre is attached to the hotel it was extremmly expensive
Pricing

Azure restarunt $$$$
The hotel $$$$$$$$ not worth it
Int0 dollars thats crazy internet

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Weston A
Dear Weston A,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Should you ever wish to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly.