“Good location for CNTower and Hockey”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #22 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
New York
“Good location for CNTower and Hockey”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed one night here and I thought the hotel was beautiful. It is close to the Lake and literally the CN Tower was right outside my window. If you are a walker you can walk to a lot of places and you are close to the subway. Only drawback is that if you get there late the only option for something to eat is the Bar Menu or room service. If you want you can find places outside the hotel though.
They have a cute area at the checkin desk that is just for kids to check in. Check in for adults was very efficient.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Checked in for a midweek trip to city. Easy check in, and check out. Room clean, not as contemporary as other Intercontinental rooms, good elevator service. Parking is not part of the property so you have to either park in the huuuuggggge garage that kind of attaches along with the convention center or get hotel to park it for u for an extra fee. Its a hassle, but if u are footing it around the city, its not that bad. Great location, near hockey hall of fame, next to the cn tower and rogers field.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel previously, and you can't beat it's location. Steps from the train station, walking distance to most things, great views.
I can't say I enjoyed this room as much as the last time I stayed here. The deluxe rooms are supposed to have the Serta Perfect Sleeper beds, which I fell in love with last time. This room did not have them. Also, the sink was VERY slow draining, I almost overflowed it every time I brushed my teeth.
I used the hotel gym this time, and I absolutely loved it, it is the best hotel gym I have ever seen, it had everything I needed!
We also had the free breakfast buffet, which was included with our room rate, and we both thoroughly enjoyed that, they had a great selection.
As always, a great stay here, I would just select a different room next time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are much quieter!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and always have the same great experience there. The first time was to go out for halloween in the Toronto club district and the second time was to go to a Raptors game. We just live outside the city but its nice for a little get away every once and a while.

Its a classy stay in the city close to all the major areas. Both times we went we booked through a travelzoo.ca deal so we ended up with a very nice room, the only weird thing was the room overlooked the pool. We got these rooms because we booked through the travelzoo deal so you probably wont get this type of view unless you've paid a largely discounted price. We thought it was the funniest thing ever because we walked in not realising, and opened the curtains to look down and see and older man sitting in the hot tub in a speedo rather than a city view. Great laughs!

The pool and spa are beautiful.. lots of windows and light shining in if its a nice day outside. It's a salt water pool so your skin feels amazing after you get out.

We've never eatten at the Restaurant 'Azure' but I design menus for them during Sumerlicious and Winterlicious and have seen the amazing menu items they offer for that wine festival so I'm sure the food is just as amazing at all times of the year. Its a very upscale place, probably not where you are going to take your whole family but great for a romantic dinner for two.

I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone coming for a stay in our wonderful city!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank BTownMiss
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Having done multiple stays at this hotel on business, I cannot help but pass along how incredibly accommodating, and service oriented this hotel is. It does not matter if you are a celebrity (of which there were many this past TIFF), you are treated with impeccible service, which by far is what most business travellers look for. The Azure Restaurant is the perfect meeting place. The valets will handle your clients vehicles and charge to your room for ease of meeting, and any staff member is always quick to assist with any request. Their gym is also quite state of the art, although it would be nice if washrooms were present. This said, the spa is certainly worth a visit. Location is also ideal for tourists, although still a few blocks from metro and/or financial district for business travellers. Regardless, I have my favorties in Toronto, and this is one of them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The location of the property is within walking distance to many of the great neighborhoods of downtown (some further than others) and close to some great shopping. The rooms are decently appointed, and what you would expect from a business/conference hotel. The lobby bar is OK, but better value can be found elsewhere. The property in general is in good shape, and well-maintained.

I enjoyed my stay, and would be delighted to go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank guybeachbum
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Location is a big plus for this hotel. Rogers Centre, CN Tower and all kinds of sites are very close. Unfortunately my stay was for business and it fell during the Toronto International Film Festval and the hotel was packed. The Entertainment Tonight booth was on the main floor and apparently there were a number of celebrities visiting for interviews.

This was my first stay as I usually select the Sheraton Centre because of it's proximity to the Path (underground walkways and shops that connect the core). Check-in was pleasant but long as my requested king size bed was not available. They finally found one but it was beside the elevator. I said ok - I was tired and how load could it be? The answer was VERY loud. Not people noises but machinery and clicking. If floor patterns are consistent, I would suggest avoiding a room that ends in 36.

The room itself was nice. Good desk to work at and solid lighting. Bedding was all down, including pillows. If you're allergic add that to your file before you arrive. Bathroom was spotless. Very clean overall. Only room wish was the ability to keep on the heating fan. It only turned on and off automatically with no manual option.

Other than the room noise, it was a nice hotel. Not sure if I would stay again, but I would consider it.

• Stayed September 2011