“Great Place for decent Price”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
Ranked #69 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I had a great stay, was on a trip with the whole family, just what i was looking for, very friendly staff and very helpfull, decent rooms, no surprises. I would stay there again and would recommend to others. Everything was great, just what one would expect from a location like this.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you would recommend our hotel. Appreciate your kind compliments and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Toronto East

Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is the only place I'll stay while on business in Scarborough. The staff are so unbelievably friendly! Very close & convenient to highway without being noisy, free cookies on arrival (who doesn't love that?) and you can watch the news over brekkie the next morning. Aces.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Dear Guest,

We are always thrilled to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and your gracious comment has made our team proud. Thank you for staying with us and we will be looking forward to your visit in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

Though this hotel is on the outskirts of Toronto, it offers good value, cleanliness, and easy access from the 401. The rooms are comfortable, and it is generally quiet despite the doors that close loudly enough to wake you up should you want to sleep in.
The one real disappointment was that though internet access is advertised, it is not WiFi (very simple and accessible to all), but cable. My brand new laptop was not configured for this, so a patient tech spent over an hour on the phone with me trying to sort this out, but to no avail. Rather than ruining my evening, and my Mother's (who was unsuccessfully trying to listen to the T-V) with this waste of time, I should have tried the 2 public pcs downstairs in the lobby. However, the following morning, they were occupied by the same two guests for over 2 hours, so it was a last-minute rush to check my work email on our way out the door, very inconvenient!
And why charge us $5 for parking in the suburbs?

• Stayed: October 2010
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs in Scarborough. Your compliments are sincerely appreciated by our team and we regret that we did not meet your internet requirements. I understand the computers in the lobby were occupied, however if you would have bought this to the attention of our associate, we would have been delighted to share our Administration Terminals with you. We look forward to your business in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

No WiFi, small TV's in the room, beds not that great, loud AC, and my room had some sort of large bug. The fitness center had old equipment and was too hot. The lighting in the room was not good for working.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 1MilFlyer
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Dear Guest,

After many positive reviews, we were very disappointed to read your comment. We offer Free High Speed Internet and all our Televisions are 27” as per our Brand Standards. Our hotel was renovated in 2007 and we received “Renovation of the Year” award from our Brand.

We take pride in our product and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your business is important to us; please call me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed for one night and the location was very convenient for me. The room was pretty much what is captured in the "tripadvisor" pictures. Wish it was a bit brighter though, a bit dark for me. The appearance and maintenance of the common areas could be improved. It was a fairly clean hotel for the price charged, didn't like paying extra for parking though (but that's a common thing for that area). I couldn't close the curtains completely in my room, had to use a clip to hold them together. It has gas station and stores nearby. Breakfast menu was good and the refill was done very well. Its a good hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive review. However if you would have provided us your room number, it would have given us an opportunity to fix the curtain issue so that the next guest would not have to use clips to hold the curtains together. We take pride in our product and follow up on every comment or suggestion.

Your compliment on our location and the breakfast menu is sincerely appreciated and will be looking forward to your next visit and revi

Reviewed June 29, 2010

This is a gem of a hotel for the short term traveller. It is super-easy to find from the busy 401, but incredibly quiet. It is on the edge of an industrial area, but not scary and getting to the Scarborough Town Center is via a very quiet direct street.
The rooms and lobby are nicely renovated and quite clean. I hope the management will look into installing comfort height toilets for their arthritic-kneed guests' comfort when they do their next upgrade.
Breakfast was fresh, plentiful and full of tasty and/or healthy choices. The attendant kept everything topped up and running smoothly. Coffee is available around the clock and quite good.
Now--for the staff: My husband took note of names, but I can only remember a couple of the many who were so kind to me and my family. Sonia at the front desk never flinched when I approached with yet another question or request. Always pleasant and helpful, she typified the ideals of customer service. I hope her managers are aware of her superb representation of the HIE brand.
That brings me to Elmer who was called upon to decipher the mess of a child restraint seat that a car rental company gave us. He very patiently and cheerfully took apart the whole thing and put the straps right so that we could install it properly in our vehicle.
Housekeeping staff, the breakfast attendant and the other front desk staff kept my little grandson smiling and giggling.
There are newer and bigger hotels with more bling in the area, but I am so glad that I took the advice of other TripAdvisor reviewers and selected this hotel for our stay.
BTW--there is a great Keg restaurant next door and a fabulous gem of a new Indian/Pakistani restaurant (La Sani) within an easy walk or drive on Ellesmere.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Dear Karbee,

We were so excited sharing and celebrating your amazing comment on our associates that we forgot to appreciate or thank you. We are delighted that comments on Tripadvisor convinced you to book our hotel and we sincerely hope that your comments will multiply in attracting other guests to our hotel as well.

Sincere thanks from our entire team and we will look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Everything was perfect and no surprises. Would stay there again. Very good location near Scarborough City Centre Mall and many restaurants. Close to the highway and easy access to Toronto. The front door to the room has a lot of space on the bottom and you could hear a little noise from the hallway but everything else was perfect. Really good breakfast to start your day... Simple but very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Dear Guest,

Your comments are sincerely appreciated and we are delighted that you enjoyed our location, our breakfast and above all our service. We will be looking forward to your future visits.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Scarborough
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toronto East? Share your experiences!