“Wonderful Experience”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
Ranked #74 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 22, 2009

This was a great hotel! We stayed for a hockey tournament. Right from check in the hotel and staff were terrific. The staff were accomodating and friendly. It isn't the fanciest hotel I've stayed in but it was a clean, comfortable, cozy hotel and they treated us very well! They provided a hospitality suit for team meals. Breakfast was provided each morning and it was a perfect mix for the players to eat before a game. Over all a great weekend! I would suggest this place to anyone. It's not often you find a hotel that is Hockey team friendly let alone go out of their way to make our stay so comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2009
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2009

Thank you Hockey Mom for taking time off from your busy schedule as a mother.

Your compliments were shared in our meeting with our associates today and our team felt proud.

We will look forward to welcoming you and your son's team on your next visit to our city.

Reviewed September 1, 2009

Great place, many things nearby. When I check-in the staff are very friendly and helpful. I had left instructions with the front desk that my wife would arrive later and therefore kept the key at the desk with her. Part of my hotel package included free parking, but I guess there is a parking fee of $5/day, the alternative is to park in the street in front of the hotel. I was able to check-in early and leave my personal belonging in the room without fear. Next door there is a steakhouse, sub shop/gas station/convenient store. The Town Center Shopping Mall was about a 3 minute drive away, right next door to my office and the TTC light rail. Two minute walk to the bus stop.

My wife and I were able to catch the light rail and then the subway to downtown Toronto which is about a 45 minute ride and only cost $2.75. The hotel is very quiet, and I got a good night sleep. I could have used another pillow, but it was too late to call for one when I’m already in bed. The décor was tasteful, warm and feel of elegance. The room which I was in had a brick wall which complemented the décor. The only problem was the TV. When you would turn it on it would display horizontal lines which then fixed it’s self after the tube had warm up. Call front desk and the maintenance man offered to replace it but opted to live with it since it worked when warm. The room has wired internet for those people (like me) who can’t use WiFi with their work laptops. I brought my network switch and connected my wife’s laptop, my work laptop and both were working fine.

I checked out the exercise facility, it had two treadmills and a few other machines. This hotel could benefit with a pool/spa. The free breakfast served both hot and cold item. I’m talking eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, bagels, bread, yogurts, fruits, hard boiled eggs, etc. with all kinds of condiments like cream cheese, PB, jam, honey. I also noticed that the breakfast items contained my item for kids like kid cereals. This is what you call a breakfast choice, and if you don’t have the time to stay for breakfast ask the service person for a to-go bag, or a tray to take something back to your room. Coffee/Tea available any time.

I would recommend staying at this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My wedding party stayed here. Staff were helpful and cheerful. We had a good experience. My family has given this place some repeat business because they liked the quality... it's a good bang for the buck.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 5, 2009

The staff at this hotel were extremely friendly and helpful, and made us feel that we were their favourite guests. Service was second to none. The facilities were clean and well kept, and though not new, everything was well maintained. Location is convenient to Highway 401 and major east end Toronto shopping area (Scarborough Town Centre). Complimentary hot breakfast was well-stocked with a good selection of both hot (eggs, toast, hot cereal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate) and cold (juice, cold cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit) items. Can't say enough good about this property ... and the price was very attractive!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2008

My fiance and I were in town for business and decided to stay at this hotel because it was in close proximity to our meeting site.

In addition to affordable rates, the room itself was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job keeping it clean during our stay.

The front desk staff welcomed us in a very friendly manner and were very helpful in recommending places for us to eat. Surprisingly on multiple occasions when we returned to the hotel they remembered our names and asked us how our day was.

We really enjoyed our stay here and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Cali_bizman
Reviewed October 27, 2008

My wife is a diabetic, and travels with an ice pack to keep her insulin cold. No fridge in the room, so as we went out to dinner we stopped at the front desk to ask if they could put the ice pack in their freezer. We came back from dinner to find they'd placed a small refrigerator in our room. We thought that was above and beyond. Staff was great, room was clean. The Inn here loses points for charging $5 a night for parking, and for a shortage of accessible electrical outlets in the room. Overall, we were very happy and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John_B074
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We (me, my wife and 3 year old daughter) stayed at this hotel on Aug 7 and 8, 2007. Hotel reception was very friendly and usefull. Room was good size. The room was clean.

The complimentary breakfast was also very good.

All in all, would recommend this hotel. It is far from every attraction other than the zoo, but for the price (around $100 a night), it makes the drive to the attractions make sense.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family