Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
$689
$296
$223
  • Pool
All reviewsscarborough town centrekeg restauranthi expressroom was cleanexposed brickfree breakfastthe breakfast areawired internetyogurtshort drivestay there againexcellent breakfastconvenience storethird floorpleasant staystayed here for one nightking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Nice hotel, friendly helpful staff except when reserving our room I requested a late check out, and told them if I could not get a late check out I would stay somewhere that I could as this was new years eve. Was told okay until 1 o-clock but remind front desk when checking in. I reminded front desk on check in and was told to call down at 12. Okay. In the morning housekeeping called at 11:15 to see if we were staying another day. Told them we had gotten a late checkout and would be out by noon to which I also had to tell them noon was 12. At 11:35 housekeeping then knocked on door again asking if we were staying another day. I bit my tongue so hard this time and as politely as I could told them we would be out by 12 o-clock. Nice hotel, just don't expect a late checkout!!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Beentherediditagain
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Your comments were discussed in our meeting and on behalf of my team, I apologize. There clearly was a communication problem between our staff and we regret the aggravation you encountered for a late check-out. Your comment on “Nice hotel, friendly staff is sincerely appreciated” and hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stay here for business twice a year. Clean rooms, good location to 401 highway and toronto zoo, friendly staff. Priority club rewards program is great. Nice having the Keg restaurant next door

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their work to provide clean rooms and your comments are sincerely appreciated. We look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

When traveling for business I primarily stay at Holiday Inn Express, and this is a good one. Nicely appointed rooms, very clean and good service. Your typical better than average breakfast bar just off the very cozy ski lodge like lobby. My only complaint would be there is no wireless in the rooms. The internet in the room is wired, and very fast; however, if you have a tablet computer that does not have a network port, you will have to go to the lobby to get access.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby if you do not have a network port on your tablet computer.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Your review is sincerely appreciated and we thank you for taking the time. Your compliment has made us proud. We are working on providing Wireless Internet; however it will take some time.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

The hotel room and bathroom were both clean. My room included a small mini-fridge and flat screen TV. Breakfast was included in the room rate, and had fairly good variety of options. Decor in lobby and eating area was bright with lots of natural wood tones. Room included free hi-speed internet access. Good business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank IceCapBreeze
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and mentioning that we are a "Good Business Hotel". We feel proud and will be looking forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Good Afternoon, I along with our group stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto East in October. We had an exceptional stay bar none. The Staff were very friendly and responsive to our needs. From my many years in the Hospitality Industry, I know that consistent delivery of legendary service is the key ingredient to thrive in this fierce and competitive market. This is exactly what HI express maintains in all areas of their operation. The HI Express Toronto East has and holds Quality Performer awards for Excellence and commendable service. In a nutshell, It Shows! Great Location with convenient accessability to local Highways allowing you to get to and from quickly. When my travels bring me to the Scarborough area, Holiday Inn Express Toronto East is My First Choice for my accomodation needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that your group had an exceptional stay at our property. As we succeed as a team, I shared your inspiring comment with my team members and we sincerely thank you for the recognition. We will be looking forward to welcoming you and members of your group in future. We are proud to be your First Choice and will maintain that with consistent service.