Hyatt Regency Toronto
$158
$150
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$275
$151
$129
Orbitz.com
2,735 results
All reviewscn towerentertainment districtgreat locationking streetrooftop poolsecond cityrogers centrewithin walking distancefront desk staffblue jaysunderground parkingking bedcoffee makerair canada centreunion stationlobbydowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I am having my wedding in Toronto and my out-of-town guests are staying at The Hyatt on King Street. I live in NYC and went there this weekend to check it out and was blown away! The website pictures DO NOT do it any justice. The hotel rooms are clean and modern with a supreme view of Toronto. The outdoor deck and view is breath taking. The outdoor lounge area is great with a clear view of the CN Tower. If you have never been to Toronto, the location is center-city. Just outside the hotel is entertainment, food, theatre and just a short walk to the waterfront. I was raised in Toronto and highly recommend choosing the Hyatt for your stay. You will not be disappointed....

Reviewed June 1, 2010

All I really care about in a hotel is that it's clean, in a good location, feels safe and the room is quiet enough to sleep in. On this score the Hyatt Regency does very well. It's virtually right next door to a couple of big theatres on King Street West as well as Roy Thomson Hall (a venue for concerts), and the nearest subway station is about 5-7 minutes walk away. I was there to take part in a major convention and didn't hear a squeak from anyone else, although the place must have been pretty full. The Hyatt Regency used to be a Holiday Inn and you can see the similarities -- the bedrooms are small and there is just a shower in the bathroom. Only half the elevators work right now, so it can be a 10-minute wait to get to your floor. But these are relatively minor irritants. My 17th floor room faced directly over King Street West and I didn't hear any noise at all. Another very useful feature was a bank of computer screens next to the front desk which allowed you to check-in electronically for your flight. I was generally very impressed with this hotel.

1  Thank Faience44
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I booked the Hyatt to stay in for my company's holiday party. I booked through Priceline and got an awesome deal for a two-king bed room. Although a little squished, the room was beautiful with lots of earth tones. It came with a flat screen and a glass-walled bathroom. Parking was expensive, at an extra $25 a vehicle. But, I would definitely book here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I decided to stay at the Hyatt due to the current Welcome Back promotion. It was my first stay at the hotel and I would say it was dissapointing. I believe the hotel was a conversion and it feels like it was done a little on the cheap. I misplaced a bag with some clothes and called back after checkout. I was told that I had to leave a voicemail with building security and the recorded message said that I could expect a response in 48 to 72 hours. For a full service hotel this in unacceptable. As a Hyatt Platinum I would have hoped someone could have made a simple call to figure out if the bag was in the building or not. On the positive side the rooms look fresh although again some of the items look more fitting of the building's select service past.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

If you like to get a good night's rest, avoid this place. For two reasons: the construction of the hotel and the clientele. This hotel seems to cater to a lot of noisy groups (i.e. teenage sports teams) and other younger partiers in their 20s. We switched rooms and floors after the first sleepless night only to have the same constant drunken yelling and hooting and hollering and running around in the hallway the second night. The hotel claims to have a strict 10pm quiet policy, but it's up to you to enforce it. Coupled with this, the rooms let all kinds of noise in. Even when people are talking with ordinary volume in the hall, you can hear everything in your room. The doors close incredibly loudly. We stayed 3 nights and the noisiest were the Friday and Saturday - only on Sunday (maybe when people were on their way home) did we get a decent uninterrupted nights' rest.

The staff were pleasant and friendly and very accommodating. However, I won't be staying here again. The first time in my life, I actually dreaded coming back in the evening to this hotel! We weren't early to bed either, came in around 11pm on average all weekend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple