“Clean, comfy and great location”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #31 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
southwest ontario
“Clean, comfy and great location”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

We just stayed the weekend at the Hyatt Regency. the hotel was modern, clean, and the location was great. Located in the entertainment district, lots of great restaurants, walking distance to everything. The bed was very comfy. The only complaint i had was that the cleaning staff only left decaffeinated coffee for the machine in the room and only one package of creamer/sugar. Also, the elevators were out of service at times. This wasn't a huge deal though.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Perfect downtown location with stylish rooms and nice views, but between the fact that only one or two of the four elevators ever work and the pool is never open it is a bit dissapointing. The staff is very friendly, but the food and drink prices are quite high. Oh and did I mention parking is $25 per day...ouch!

Ontario
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Every May, we rent a hotel in Toronto for an annual event that my husband and I attend. We have stayed at several downtown TO hotels and this was by far the best experience we have had. We have stayed in some very small rooms and some very dirty rooms, this was neither.

We booked through Priceline and got a fantastic rate (more than 50% off the rate on the Hyatt website). We did the bid system so we didn't know what hotel we were getting until after we paid and I was a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews but all I can say is that some people may be a bit too picky or have no experience staying in Toronto because we found this hotel fabulous!

When we checked in, we found out we were booked for a double room - I nicely asked if they had any King rooms available and without hesitation we were upgraded for free. We were given a room on the 11th floor, looking directly at the CN Tower. We had one of the rooms with the rounded windows (you can see them next to the Hyatt sign if you look at a picture of the hotel). That was a nice touch as well since I have seen the pictures of the rooms with the flat walls and they look smaller (which is still a good size for a Toronto hotel).

We loved the decor - completely our style. Maybe modern-chic is not for everyone but I'd have to say that it was very clean and in the end that's what matters most. The staff was fantastic. We only had 1 pack of caffinated coffee in the room so I called the front desk and within 10 minutes someone had brought us more.

The beds were extremely comfortable - plush pillow-top mattress. It was actually a King mattress, not two doubles pushed together which is definitely a nice change from what some other TO hotels offer. We had 5 pillows in the room which to me is plenty - not sure why anyone would need more than 5. I also noticed the gap others had mentioned between the mattress and the headboard. It's not an open gap, it's solid, we propped our pillows on it and sat up fine to watch tv. We didn't even notice it when we slept.

We put out the room service card for breakfast and it was promptly delivered at the time we requested. Compared to room service rates at other hotels and the quality of food, it was a fantastic breakfast.

Checkout was very quick and hassle free. When my husband got the car from the parking garage, there was a ticket on it and the hotel apologized immediately and voided the ticket. Not something I'm going to get angry at since it's another company who administers the tickets and they obviously weren't using an updated list of hotel guests. A couple other guests got them as well but no one seemed upset about it since the hotel handled it very professionally and quickly, without question.

We will absolutely stay there again and would even be willing to pay full price to ensure we get the same hotel.

Oh and I just wanted to add, we were never asked to sign any sort of form about the 10pm noise policy. We are in our late 20's, maybe they only make younger people sign them? ... and we didn't use the internet - had too many plans that night, the laptop never even came out of the bag.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mommyofacutie
Columbia,SC
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Great location. Staff is top notch. Room was very clean. Issue with the elevators is a MINOR inconvenience.
Try Kit Kat for italian food (on King Street, easy walk) - great ambience and excellent food at a good price.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 22, 2010

From a casual indifference of the staff, to the decor to the lack or ergonomic or intuitive designing, it is a hotel I will not come back to at the cost it is. The current design/ decor/ ambience is that of a wannabe contemporary hotel. So a lot of teal/ red and white colors in furniture, doors and carpeting makes it look dark and dingy. The elevator carpets are glued with chewing gum. The corridors are dark as if an entry to a god forsaken place. It certainly does not exude cool class, regality.
The wifi comes at a cost of $15 per day and works like a wifi designed in 1980s. Slow and to my utter surprise when I called to see if they could do something better to ensure that my connection does not drop again and again, they offered a refund and I was again connection less. The headboard is concave in shape leading to a gap of 8-10 inches between the headboard and even 5 pillows will not help you bridge the gap if you want to sit up. The room is crammed up. From a tacky floor lamp to everything is so not appealing. The bathroom has a teal color floor and so is the standup shower a dark teal colored tile floor.
Maybe because I came from the Residence Inn at Wellington street where from the free and fast wifi, to hygenie to the decor everything compliments. To the lavish breakfasts and evening snacks, you can't ask more for your money. And guess what, it is just a street down.
Even when the housekeeping staff works in Hyatt, you can hear them shout at each other. You may want to check reviews of Residence Inn and stay there for half the price. Don't consider it as a sales pitch for Residence Inn, but I am so compelled by the experience.
My heart aches when I see these big giant businesses run like machines. No personalisation, no touch, no comfort but they still run. And I wonder how long will they since business ethics demand more fair and good treatment to customers.
Sorry in case the feedback comes across as harsh. But if some right minded people at Hyatt read reviews and think that the world of hospitality is not about automation, cool redesigns and black carpets that don't need cleaning but an experience driven my human hands... please do something. The feel of human hands whether it is cleanliness, conversations, concern and customisations is completely lacking.
Don't go by the website. It is a lot better than the real feel. Infact the website pictures are of the highest floors where rooms are bigger. If you are an ordinary soul, you will get these tiny little rooms with over enhanced headboard at TV cabinetry that they almost eat into the room. I am so looking fwd to saying a nice goodbye

United States
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I stayed for 3 nights. There were repairs going on to the hotel elevator but the rooms had great views, were clean and modern, and the staff were there to serve you.

India
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is centrally located and is just 5 minutes away from the CN Tower.I took the daily rates option and got a room on the 18th floor with a majestic view of Toronto. The room was good. The daily rate option doesn't give Internet service for free. It is charged at $15 per hour. The Gym is spacious and has all modern equipments. The pool was closed as it was Winter time. The room service was good. There are lots of restaurants just outside the hotel, so you are not forced to eat the costly Hotel food.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business