“Newly renovated but average. Poor lighting in room”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed a few nights last week. Room comfortable enough but the bed was not nearly as comfortable as say a Sheraton or Delta. The pillows were quite small and tho the rooms have apparently been renovated recently they made an odd choice for the bed. The backboard is curved so pillows can slip easily off the mattress. Worse yet is that there is inadequate lighting to read in bed. It is weak, overhead on the ceiling and thus can keep your partner awake.

There is a nice (at first glance) feature in the bathroom: A glass wall. While this affords some natural light it means if the light is on in the bathroom the light bothers the person in the bed next to that wall. The loo flushes loudly, so loudly it startled me awake.

Did not eat at the hotel and it is well located on King St. next to the TIFF building.

So adequate, if not superior.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is one of those gems you don't realize is there. Perfect location for the business meeting I was attending but also perfect for the Theatre District in Toronto. Staff is very helpful, warm and friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. Got a great night's sleep there on a very comfortable bed.

After checking in I called for room service. After waiting 90 minutes for the meal to be delivered I called the front desk. Jose jumped into action and my meal was in my room within 15 minutes and Jose followed up with a telephone call to ensure I was satisfied. The original order had been misplaced. I wasn't complaining ... just hungry. The hotel provided the meal without charge - totally unnecessary but very much appreciated. That kind of attention creates loyalty.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Thanks folks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hello Douglas B,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on you most recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. I am so excited to hear you enjoyed your stay overall with us. We will definitely be sure to recognize Jose on his great customer service and the great way he handled a mistake with your room service order. We are so thankful you still enjoyed the experience for your stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back on your next visit to Toronto.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Booked through Priceline so it was probably worth what we paid but I wouldn't pay regular rates to stay at this property.

Stayed for business on a weeknight. It is conveniently located, it's clean and the staff are nice and helpful. Having said that the rooms are small and cramped and whoever designed the beds should have their heads examined. Instead of having headboards, there is about a 12 inch gap between the top of the mattress and the closest vertical hard surface which is the wall.

This means one thing, Pillows keep sliding away from you. I finally solved the problem by taking all 3 pillows from the other bed but really a case of style over practicality.

Hotel was just ok.

Room Tip: Get a room away from King Street and on a higher floor to reduce street noise.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed for a week due to conference with hubby. Booked king suite which was well worth it for the length of stay. Free wifi which comes with the suite was worth it for the length of stay since both of us had work to do online. Housekeeping staff great. Always clean room. Excellent location for dining options and theatrical production just outside of entrance. Ate at different type cuisine restaurant each night, never disappointed with food. Saw Les Mis just a two block walk. Only complaint would be that breakfast buffet, which was good, was $20 per person each and every day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay in Toronto. i am happy that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed the suite, amenities and service provided by the staff. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my second time staying at this hotel and once again I was disappointed.

I was awakened twice throughout the night by extremely loud shouting in the hallways (2am and then again at 4am). When I contacted the front desk I was told that a few males were seen on the floor and that police had been contacted. I was told that security did not approach them to tell them to stop yelling. It was quite a while before the shouting stopped the second time.

What was even more disturbing, however, was the fact that at 9:00 am, well before the check-out time, we had a housekeeper use her key to enter our room without knocking. I was so startled that I was unable to go back to sleep.

Why would your staff enter a room that has not been checked out of? Surely all check-out information is tracked and we had the "privacy" hanger in the door at the time. When we did leave the room to check-out we found that hanger was gone.

Overall, it was an extremely disappointing stay. It is unheard of to feel that unsafe in a hotel that is rated as 4-stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_370_King_St, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

We sincerely regret to hear of the unpleasant incidents imposed on you during your previous stay with us. We assure you that the safety, privacy and well being of our Guests is of the greatest importance to us. We assure you that all anomalies stated will be reviewed and proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

We, at the Hyatt Regency Toronto, take pride in our Hospitality Promise and are committed to offering the highest level of quality, comfort and service. Should we be of further assistance to restore your faith and confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the future to allow you to experience of service excellence. Until then, please accept our very best regards.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Overall our stay at the Hyatt in Toronto was quite positive. Front staff were very professional and friendly. We were provided with free wifi which hopefully is now standard. I was attending a conference and a shuttle bus service was provided which was very convenient. Rooms and beds were comfortable and room temperature control was very good and not noisy. One thing I found a bit odd at breakfast in the morning was that the bench seat was at least 4 inches lower than the opposite chair, a bit uncomfortable but the food was very good. Parking spaces a bit cramped but I think this is pretty standard for hotels in Toronto. Location is good for theatre and also close to subway connections.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay in Toronto. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the awesome service from the staff, the complimentary Wifi and the comfort of the rooms. I hope that you return to stay with us soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I can't really complain because the cost of the hotel was included in the conference, but I know this hotel ain't cheap. So I was disappointed that you had to pay for wifi in your room. And there was no bar fridge. Is that considered un-classy now? Is being charged $25 per night for a cot a reasonable price? I'm not sure. But the room was beautiful. And the staff were helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with the fees for WiFi and the roll-away bed as well as the lack of a fridge in your room. I assure you I will discuss your concerns with our Executive Management team. I am glad to see that overall, you enjoyed the room accommodations and service provided by the staff. I hope we can welcome you back soon.