“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
London, Canada
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week to catch a Jay's game and it was so amazing how close this hotel is to both the entertainment district and the fashion district. The location is literally in walking distance to the main attractions in the downtown core including amazing restaurants. The rooms were clean however a bit smaller than I was used too. I'm not surprised as the hotel is right downtown. The hotel parking offers in and out privileges however due to the location of the parking garage, it's a bit tough to get in and out due to the traffic. We found it just as easy to walk. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and nicely decorated.

Room Tip: I recommend parking your vehicle and leaving it as it's difficult to get in and out of.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked this property through the Priceline no name thing so I got a heavily discounted price and was pleased to end up with a Hyatt Property as I have stayed at Hyatt's previously. Checkin was very smooth with a very professional and friendly Sarita who was very helpful and accomodated my request for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper. Sarita is a real asset as she was genuinely engaging and kind. I slept very well with no noise from adjoining rooms nor was I awokened from early mooning traffic so it was well insulated. the room was fine but a bit small/dark for a Hyatt property and the bathroom seemed a bit outdated with little counter space etc. But It had everything I needed exept a fridge which I was told was an extra $25. As I got a good price on Priceline I have no real complaints. The gym and business centre was above average and no extra charge, I enjoyed a nice beer at the bar and found Maria to be very personableI would definately stay here again at a discounted price and location is fantastic. As I forgot a few items I was very appreciative for the slippers, toothpaste etc at no extra cost

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper as I am ask for a room in a quiet area away from any large groups etc if...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Odessafile75
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel and it was a really pleasant experience.

Situated on the theatre district downtown it gives easy access to restaurants, bars and entertainment.

Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and the decor was bright and fresh.

Room was clean and fresh with plenty of towels, pillows etc.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I might be a bit harsh with 3 stars. Lobby looks great and staff are very friendly. Rooms were nice, but you can tell a lot of this is window dressing. Everything down grades under closer inspection. Had several minor problems, none of which were fixed (broken AC, fire alarm went off whenever bathroom door opened and steam came out, empty shampoo bottle). When I politely brought it up a third time, they moved me to a different room. Maybe it's a management issue. Just seems like when you pull the covers back, theres too many flaws with what looks like a 5 star hotel on the outside. Great location, but somethings just a little off here. Lots of somethings.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chadp01
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stated here for 2 nights & it was wonderful. The hotel is in a fantastic location. Many restaurants across the street. Younge St is about a 20-minute walk. We walked back to the hotel both nights from Younge and felt very safe. The Royal Alex theater is a few blocks away. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Would stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CaryPary
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear CaryPary,

Thank you for taking your time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Toronto. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your two night getaway with us. Our location is one of the best in the city as we are quite close to multiple restaurants and shops. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Toronto.

Safe travels,

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on business two weeks ago - really great business hotel with lovely, quiet rooms in the heart of Toronto. I paid extra for a balcony and it was worth it because I had a view of the city, the CN tower, and bits of the lake. Staff was very pleasant and helpful - even sending me to a great dim sum restaurant when I arrived.

The hotel is not on the lake which I first thought was a bummer. Not so . . . the lake front is divided from the rest of downtown by a huge freeway and the walk is not too enjoyable. Would definitely stay here again. Also, a full Starbucks in the lobby, yay!

Room Tip: I stayed in 1952 and it was fantastic. Corner view with balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wallington, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I loved our stay at the Hyatt Regency! The hotel is very modern and cozy. Staff is friendly and helpful. Our party of 5 was very comfortable in the 2 queen beds room (sneaked in a blow up matterss =)). Upon reservation we were told we will need to pay an additional $25 per night per person for the 3rd and 4th person. We weren't charged, which was nice. We were however, charged for parking $65.

The hotel is in an amazing location! Lots of shops and bars! Few blocks away from the CN tower.

Breakfast buffet was $25 per person. Don't buy it!! Since there are so many great brunch spots across the hotel for $10-$20!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi Natalia S!

I appreciate you sharing feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. It is great to hear how well our location worked for your visit. Being centrally located downtown, close to multiple restaurants and shopping is a major advantage for guests staying with us. It will be my pleasure to welcome you and your friends back on your next visit to Toronto.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate